X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Creed is music for dudebros who yell at their girlfriends at Applebee's.

And I say that as someone who finds the first Creed album to be an enormous guilty pleasure (the rest of their music sucks hard though)
    Nah, Creed's that born-again Christian type who turned his life around after flunking out of community college and "is his own boss" (read: neck deep in an MLM selling cheap energy drinks) and is posting a Bible verse on Twitter every four hours. 5FDP is definitely the dudebro in the Tapout shirt mentioned previously.

And Tool fans...dear god, don't get me started. You have the mental image already.
    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 07-29-2019, 11:31 PM.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Creed is music for dudebros who yell at their girlfriends at Applebee's.

And I say that as someone who finds the first Creed album to be an enormous guilty pleasure (the rest of their music sucks hard though)

And Rube, you're completely wrong about Sarah McLachlan. The hairy stereotype would be fans of bands like The Gits or L7, whose female fans are usually pretty cool.

Sarah McLachlan fans are the sort of well-shaved, boring, upper middle class, vegan, hipsters who live in Oakland, Berkeley, Portland, Brooklyn, etc. and really wish you'd just learn to like birds (because cats are too mainstream).
      I will accept your point on Sarah (I like her music, BTW, along with L7's).

Creed is just a bunch of Nickelback wannabe's. And really, how sad is that?!
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I will accept your point on Sarah (I like her music, BTW, along with L7's).

Scott Stapp is a ******nozzle. Mark Tremonti is a pinball geek which automatically gives him some cool points (he wrote the jingle for Jersey Jack Pinball, a relatively new company churning out some killer machines.)
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Scott Stapp is a ******nozzle. Mark Tremonti is a pinball geek which automatically gives him some cool points (he wrote the jingle for Jersey Jack Pinball, a relatively new company churning out some killer machines.)
          I can separate doosh nozzle from career, otherwise I'd hate every Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer movie. That being said, Creed sucks.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Tremonti's solo project is actually a pretty good band, IMO. And I do like Alter Bridge a lot (but let's be honest - Myles Kennedy's voice completely blows Stapp's away).

And Tool fans...dear god, don't get me started. You have the mental image already.
            Oh jeez, now you're gonna offend my coworker who is neck-deep in their "first new album in 15+ years", lol.

Comment

Tremonti's solo project is actually a pretty good band, IMO. And I do like Alter Bridge a lot (but let's be honest - Myles Kennedy's voice completely blows Stapp's away).

Oh jeez, now you're gonna offend my coworker who is neck-deep in their "first new album in 15+ years", lol.
              Talk about an arrogant doosh....that Tool lead singer, don't recall the name...holy arrogant! Gopher hockey fans are shaking their head....

Comment

That being said, Creed sucks.
                A former coworker of mine was a roadie for Creed in the 90s. I did my Scott Stapp impression for him at lunch one day, complete with the "arms-out/Christ on the cross" thing, and I've never seen him laugh harder.

Poor guy killed himself two years ago, and I only found out a few months ago through a mutual friend/coworker. RIP, dude.

Comment

How does that work? I've always seen it as the other way around, at least until Nickelback went modern day hair band with even worse crap like "Animals".

EDIT: This is where Swanted is going to come in and hammerpunch all of us for even talking about this, isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Furthermore, using that sort of stereotyping, Sarah McLachlan is for hairy-arm-pitted hippie women in flowerdresses that are ankle high, and they hate men at the least, and live alternate lifestyles at the most.
                    And.........?

Actually, that's the Indigo Girls.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Five Finger Death Punch has replaced Linkin Park as the "Oh you like metal? I love !"
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Nah, Creed's that born-again Christian type who turned his life around after flunking out of community college and "is his own boss" (read: neck deep in an MLM selling cheap energy drinks) and is posting a Bible verse on Twitter every four hours. 5FDP is definitely the dudebro in the Tapout shirt mentioned previously.

Oh my god yes. I have a friend who you just described perfectly.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

21 pilots

I mean, https://youtu.be/pXRviuL6vMY

I have 0 nice things to say about this.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Lot of judging going on. I too didn't care for Creed after their first record, and say what you will about Stapp but his one record with Art of Anarchy is pretty damn solid.

Comment

https://youtu.be/gtxyjf9eerI
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                Five Finger Death Punch has replaced Linkin Park as the "Oh you like metal? I love !"
                                I wonder who it is for punk.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X