This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Jeezuz I'm old. I remember listening to that and a lot of holdovers from 1987 that year as I was living in my first apartment away from home on Uptown Ave in Minneapolis. Nothing's Shocking got a lot of playing time along with Document, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Pleased to Meet Me, Strangeways, Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Surfer Rosa, Viva Hate, Tender Prey, Truth and Soul....
    Yes! Great list. I forgot about Uplift Mofo Party Plan. It’s been ages since I listened to that one and The Cure as well. I’ll have to spin those again soon.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Surfer Rosa...
      I’ve been listening to the Pixies nearly constantly at work lately

Comment

Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

WOTS is that some sort of AC/DC could be working on a new album. Brian Johnson, Phil Rudd, Angus Young and Stevie Young have all been spotted in Vancouver the past couple days. Vancouver is where they've made all of their albums the past two decades.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          WOTS is that some sort of AC/DC could be working on a new album. Brian Johnson, Phil Rudd, Angus Young and Stevie Young have all been spotted in Vancouver the past couple days. Vancouver is where they've made all of their albums the past two decades.
          God, I love 'em, but stop. Retire. His vocals are shot (even more so than 10 years ago). Don't become KISS. It might already be too late.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            God, I love 'em, but stop. Retire. His vocals are shot (even more so than 10 years ago). Don't become KISS. It might already be too late.
            Brian Johnson is going to be 71 in October. I have no idea who is playing bass, as Cliff Williams retired after the last tour, saying that "it wasn't AC/DC anymore". Malcolm is dead. Somehow they've made up with Phil Rudd.

At this point I'm just hoping that the album is not a complete disaster.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Brian Johnson is going to be 71 in October. I have no idea who is playing bass, as Cliff Williams retired after the last tour, saying that "it wasn't AC/DC anymore". Malcolm is dead. Somehow they've made up with Phil Rudd.

At this point I'm just hoping that the album is not a complete disaster.
              AC/DC stopped once they tried to continue with Asshole Rose. Sorry, that came across as a bit petty, but my point stands.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

AC/DC stopped once they tried to continue with Asshole Rose. Sorry, that came across as a bit petty, but my point stands.
                Not a fan of Axl/DC?

I'm just amazed that he 1) actually did his job without a crapton of drama and 2) didn't sound like the Cookie Monster like he has in years past.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Not a fan of Axl/DC?

I'm just amazed that he 1) actually did his job without a crapton of drama and 2) didn't sound like the Cookie Monster like he has in years past.
                  I will grudgingly give him those two points. While grinding my teeth.

Comment

Livestreaming of Nights 1 and 2 for Pearl Jam at Safeco has been amazing! Cannot wait to see them at Fenway in September (not so much looking forward to the Fenway part, but the shows... ). Kind of wish we had just committed to doing the cross-country road trip (they're playing 7 US dates this year - 2 Seattle; 1 Missoula, MT; 2 Wrigley; 2 Fenway) and I tried to convince the hubs that we should just go to all the shows. Naturally, one of us has to be responsible and we're just doing Fenway, but man...it would be awesome.

Comment

The relevance of AC/DC ended somewhere in the late 80s, but I think we can all agree that Axl doing the job was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        The relevance of AC/DC ended somewhere in the late 80s, but I think we can all agree that Axl doing the job was a joke.
                        Razor's Edge was the last semi-decent album. A decent song or two afterwards (pains me to admit that shortcoming), and that's it.

Comment

Razor's Edge was the last semi-decent album. A decent song or two afterwards (pains me to admit that shortcoming), and that's it.
                          When you have a shtick, it eventually peters out.

Comment

I'll take Susanna Hoffs. Sound fair?
                            Guess I'm stuck with Shirley Manson. Rats.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

I saw AC/DC live around 2009 for the last time. It was seriously one of the best concerts I've ever been to and I've been to a lot of effing concerts.

Comment

I saw AC/DC live around 2009 for the last time. It was seriously one of the best concerts I've ever been to and I've been to a lot of effing concerts.
                                The last one I went to was the one after the Ballbreaker tour, at the X. Awesome show. They do not disappoint.

Comment

Working...
                                X