X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Petra was my first ever concert when I was... 8? 9? I knew immediately that I was to be a musician.
    What era of Petra was that? I listened mostly between Never Say Die and On Fire! with their peak for me personally being in the middle of that string. Saw them at the Met Center (pretty big venue for a Christian rock band) in 1985 for the Beat the System tour.

Comment

I'll guess the late '80's. I honestly don't remember, but a quick google search says probably 1988?

It wasn't long after that when I discovered Metallica and Megadeth and kind of... took a different direction musically. But having heavy-ish rock that my parents' didn't think was the devil was the perfect foundation for me.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

https://youtu.be/pxBz1KBcpQc

Love!
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Another rock'n'roll weekend for me.

One of my bands (Blacksoul Seraphim) opens up at Ralph's in Worcester, along with Brain Candle, Clamfight and my kickass girlfriend's band Benthic Realm, as they celebrate their brand new EP.

And then tomorrow another of my bands (Birch Hill Dam) plays the Connecticut Doom & Brews Fest down in... well... in Connecticut.

And then Sunday I work all afternoon and evening. And next weekend I sleep.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Transgender Day of Remembrance is on November 20, and I was asked to pick some music for a candlelight vigil. Some of the songs I picked will be played, including:

"Black and Blue"- Counting Crows
            "Angel"- Sarah McLachlan
            "I Will Follow You Into the Dark"- Death Cab for Cutie
            "Sweetness Follows"- R.E.M
            "It's A Fire"- Portishead
            "I Remember Her"- Ingrid Michaelson
            "Everyone Is Gonna Love Me Now"- Ingrid
            "End of the World"- Ingrid
            "Love Is The End"- Keane
            "Flightless Bird, American Mouth"- Iron and Wine
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Dialed up Pink Floyd live at Earl's Court, IIRC first time they played Dark Side in its entirety in years...what a show. Remembering whatever it took (PPV?) to see it when it happened, I was in college. We had a Floyd party of sorts that night.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Dialed up Pink Floyd live at Earl's Court, IIRC first time they played Dark Side in its entirety in years...what a show. Remembering whatever it took (PPV?) to see it when it happened, I was in college. We had a Floyd party of sorts that night.
                I think the Dark Side Earls Court concert recording was in ‘73. You sure you aren’t thinking of The Wall? I think that live concert was released as a show maybe 20 years ago, but was made up of footage from ‘80 or ‘81.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I think the Dark Side Earls Court concert recording was in ‘73. You sure you aren’t thinking of The Wall? I think that live concert was released as a show maybe 20 years ago, but was made up of footage from ‘80 or ‘81.
                  It was Dark Side. There is the '73 concert, too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_(Pink_Floyd_album)
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I’m an old curmudgeon. Just discovered The Walkmen. Good band!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

I admit, I'm a fan of Pink. Wednesday, I had "Funhouse" and "I'm Not Dead" on at high volume, singing along.

Tonight, Imogen Heap. Out On the Lakeshore is still looking for upbeat and calming music, so I think I will bring "Speak For Yourself."
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Just heard this for the first time, where the hell have I been?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvh5zi...238176&index=4

Cornell amazing as always!

Comment

Oasis. Guilty Pleasure Day in my house.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Just heard this for the first time, where the hell have I been?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvh5zi...238176&index=4

Cornell amazing as always!
                            I'll take their cover of "Big Bottom" over the Spinal Tap original. It parodies the hair band era much better, IMO. I just wish the mix was a bit wetter.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I'll take their cover of "Big Bottom" over the Spinal Tap original. It parodies the hair band era much better, IMO. I just wish the mix was a bit wetter.
                              Yes, that’s a great cover. It was hilarious when they played it live🤣

Saw them play it on the Loud Love tour.

Comment

2019 Rock HOF inductees announced.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-class-767917/

The Zombies were a nice little group but I can't see them going in ahead of RATM.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X