X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The 20 greatest pop songs came out of the Brill Building or Motown. The Beatles probably chime in first somewhere in the 50s.
    There there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Girl power soundtrack without Patti Smith, Kim Gordon, Chrissie Hynde, Kim Deal, Siouxie Sue, Suzy Quatro, Excene, or any member of the Runaways?
      Corin Tucker as well! St. Vincent, Kori Gardner from Mates of State, the Wilson sisters... speaking of: https://youtu.be/HnhOv2PC68w
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Corin Tucker as well! St. Vincent, Kori Gardner from Mates of State, the Wilson sisters... speaking of: https://youtu.be/HnhOv2PC68w
        Brandi Carlisle (and related: The Highwomen, of which she is a part of), Jade Bird, Margo Price, Lizzo, and Billie Eilish.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Listened to a few songs off "Jagged Little Pill" last night. Those are for a "**** you" playlist.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Brandi Carlisle (and related: The Highwomen, of which she is a part of), Jade Bird, Margo Price, Lizzo, and Billie Eilish.
            Yes!
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Listened to a few songs off "Jagged Little Pill" last night. Those are for a "**** you" playlist.
              The Colour and The Shape is a 25 year-old boy's breakup album.

Jagged Little Pill is a 25 year-old woman's breakup album.

See what I did there?

Comment

Also, the all but forgotten Mary Chapin Carpenter is pretty dang "girl power" on her album Come On, Come On, especially by country music standards.

"He Thinks He'll Keep Her", "The Hard Way", "I Take My Chances", and even the hilarious "I Feel Lucky".

Comment

I feel shame in forgetting Janelle Monae
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    I feel shame in forgetting Janelle Monae
                    I have "Crazy, Classic Life" and "Screwed" by her already on there, and I'll add "Django Jane" today.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      This makes me so happy. I love that movie

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        This makes me so happy. I love that movie
                        That's great.

That woman is h e l l a s e x y like Janine Turner before we knew she was a horrific person.

Should I watch this movie? It looks like it has Roadhouse potential for glorious terribleness, or at least Ski School.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 10-21-2019, 08:37 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's great.

That woman is h e l l a s e x y like Janine Turner before we knew she was a horrific person.

Should I watch this movie? It looks like it has Roadhouse potential for glorious terribleness, or at least Ski School.
                          It's delightfully bad, especially if you've ever spent time living or working in a seasonal town.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            It's delightfully bad, especially if you've ever spent time living or working in a seasonal town.
                            I've spent enough time in ski towns that I would get the jokes. It's on my list.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Seeing Ghost tonight. Was kind of getting into them when I'd heard they'd be near by. On the advice of the Short One's husband, I bought tix. Hubs and I are dressing up (mask/devil's horns/vest/gilly shirt/slacks/red Doc Martins for him, corset/skirt/top hat/fishnets for me) and looking forward to the show and people watching.
                              Last edited by bostonewe; 10-21-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I've spent enough time in ski towns that I would get the jokes. It's on my list.
                                I watch it a few times a year (usually with Eurotrip) when I need something to give me a good laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X