X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Continue
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

So look what just appeared on my start page.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/05/a...ver-heels.html
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The Go-Gos were great. I just think the Bangles were so much better at everything, and had more musicianship.

I disagree that the Runaways were a true man-made band. Their image was taken advantage of, so in that accord, the image was man-made. They were women who just wanted to rock out, and to get there, they naively trusted the process. That was a mistake. They weren't hand-picked, like the boy bands of the 80s/90s, you know?

Either way, those groups, along with Heart (who kicked down the door for females everywhere), should be commended for doing what they did in rock-n-roll. Also, lest I forget, Suzy Quattro, who was the inspiration for Joan Jett.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Mookie would bang Belinda Carlisle all day long, and twice on Sunday.

Still have her playboy.... and the pages are pristine
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Mookie would bang Belinda Carlisle all day long, and twice on Sunday.

Still have her playboy.... and the pages are pristine
          I'll take Susanna Hoffs. Sound fair?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            I'll take Susanna Hoffs. Sound fair?
            Fair

Comment

What no love for Yoko, Courtney and Nancy?

Comment

Nancy....... Sinatra?

Comment

Spungen.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Spungen.
                    That's who I figured you were referring to. Nancy Sinatra wasn't bad. Not great, but not bad.

I'd be up for Lita Ford if I didn't know her history. That was one dirty girl.

Comment

Watching a concert by Chris Isaak on the AXS channel, from 2012. Now things may have changed since, but it warmed my heart to see his band was still the exact same guys who were with him on the Chris Isaak Show on Showtime, some 8 years before. That was a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Watching a concert by Chris Isaak on the AXS channel, from 2012. Now things may have changed since, but it warmed my heart to see his band was still the exact same guys who were with him on the Chris Isaak Show on Showtime, some 8 years before. That was a great show.
                        That was a great show - very underrated.

True story - I dated a girl in Bahrain who later introduced me to a friend of hers who I married a year later. The first girl was dating Chris Isaak (at the same time, yes I have that kind of pull) who I met when we all took a trip to Dubai that same year.

Comment

Chris Isaak is a (not) guilty pleasure of mine. So far from where my tastes usually run, which I define as "80's post-punk", but I'm just such a sucker for his smooth crooning style. And his band is top notch.

Comment

So Nothing’s Shocking is 30 years old. Wow. I remember the first time I heard it I thought jane’s addiction were from another planet. I was still in a huge thrash/punk kick at the time and JA opened the door for me to art rock, jazz and eventually reggae.

Guess i’ll Have to listen to ocean size and had a dad with speakers on 11 tonight.😈
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              So Nothing’s Shocking is 30 years old. Wow. I remember the first time I heard it I thought jane’s addiction were from another planet. I was still in a huge thrash/punk kick at the time and JA opened the door for me to art rock, jazz and eventually reggae.

Guess i’ll Have to listen to ocean size and had a dad with speakers on 11 tonight.��
                              Jeezuz I'm old. I remember listening to that and a lot of holdovers from 1987 that year as I was living in my first apartment away from home on Uptown Ave in Minneapolis. Nothing's Shocking got a lot of playing time along with Document, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Pleased to Meet Me, Strangeways, Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Surfer Rosa, Viva Hate, Tender Prey, Truth and Soul....

Comment

Working...
                              X