X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Todd M has another read about Liam Malmquist. Interesting that he's going to play in Penticton (BCHL) rather than the USHL Capitols. Maybe he can convince some Western Canadians to re-open that pipeline. He's small in stature, but so is Sean Dhooghe and we're happy with him, eh?

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...d2d6fcba8.html
    I like the idea of him heading to Penticton. I feel like he will develop better offensively in the BCHL vs USHL. Isn't there a Badger alum associated with Penticton?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I like the idea of him heading to Penticton. I feel like he will develop better offensively in the BCHL vs USHL. Isn't there a Badger alum associated with Penticton?
      Ron Vincent is the Managing Partner

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
        Ron Vincent is the Managing Partner
        A GREAT reason to send the future Badger up there. Ron will take great care of him.

Ron played 1 season for them....65 games; 74G 104A and more amazing that his scoring are his 161PM! Cary Eades and Andy Moog were on that team.
        Last edited by Timothy A; 05-30-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          From the article.....

"He was drafted by the United States Hockey League's Madison Capitols earlier this month but instead will play next season in the British Columbia Hockey League with Penticton, where former Badgers defenseman Patrick Sexton recently was hired as an assistant coach"
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            From the article.....

"He was drafted by the United States Hockey League's Madison Capitols earlier this month but instead will play next season in the British Columbia Hockey League with Penticton, where former Badgers defenseman Patrick Sexton recently was hired as an assistant coach"
            Double dose of Badgers up there, I love it. I hope Sexton is a great recruiter. I also hope he doesn't harbor any bad feelings about the way his role on the team diminished over time.

Comment

Caufield is WAY too short to play in the NHL. If he plays 4 years for us he may grow 3/4" and all will be right with the NHL world.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Caufield is WAY too short to play in the NHL. If he plays 4 years for us he may grow 3/4" and all will be right with the NHL world.
                I like your thinking Tim! Can't wait for the season that is only 4 months away......
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Alex Turcotte and Jack Hughes were on location with "NHL LIVE" tonight before the Bruins @ Blues game #4.

Alex said he'll soon be in Madison for conditioning & training.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Ryder Donovan draft profile by Chris Dilks

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/platform/amp/2019/6/5/18645176/2019-nhl-draft-prospect-ryder-donovan?utm_campaign=sbncollegehockey&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Comment

Ryder Donovan draft profile by Chris Dilks

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/pla...mpression=true
                      I read that, kinda encouraging, kinda discouraging.

Comment

Ryder Donovan draft profile by Chris Dilks

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/pla...mpression=true
                        Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I read that, kinda encouraging, kinda discouraging.
                        Agree Tim. Hopefully the coaching staff can get him to be physical and he isn't overwhelmed.....
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I've been seeing lots of profiles and mocks lately.

Here are a couple:

The Athletic ($)
                          Mock Draft with your typical Hughes/Kakko at 1/2. Turcotte at 3 to Chicago and Caufield to Vancouver at 10

ESPN+ ($)
                          Chris Peters put together a "How all 31 teams ace their picks" mock.
                          Turcotte to Chicago in the first (3)
                          Caufield to Detroit in the first (6)

Turcotte following Toews' path?
                          Third pick in the draft, a year in college, then off to the Blackhawks to eventually be captain. Toews did it, can Turcotte?

Combine Results
                          Caufield with 16 pull-ups, tied for first; 6th in the vertical; 7th in the bench
                          Lindmark third in peak power on the Wingate

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                            I've been seeing lots of profiles and mocks lately.

Here are a couple:

The Athletic ($)
                            Mock Draft with your typical Hughes/Kakko at 1/2. Turcotte at 3 to Chicago and Caufield to Vancouver at 10

ESPN+ ($)
                            Chris Peters put together a "How all 31 teams ace their picks" mock.
                            Turcotte to Chicago in the first (3)
                            Caufield to Detroit in the first (6)

Turcotte following Toews' path?
                            Third pick in the draft, a year in college, then off to the Blackhawks to eventually be captain. Toews did it, can Turcotte?

Combine Results
                            Caufield with 16 pull-ups, tied for first; 6th in the vertical; 7th in the bench
                            Lindmark third in peak power on the Wingate
                            Toews played 2 years at Nodak. I believe Oshie played 3 fwiw.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Top 15 drafted forwards since 2010:
                              Tkachuk 1 year
                              Wahlstrom 1 year
                              Farabee 1 year
                              Mittelstadt 1 year
                              Keller 1 year
                              Jost 1 year
                              Eichel 1 year
                              Larkin 1 year
                              Kunin 2 years (Pick 15)
                              Schwartz 2 years (Pick 14)
                              Last edited by Bonin21; 06-07-2019, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                                Top 15 drafted forwards since 2010:
                                Tkachuk 1 year
                                Wahlstrom 1 year
                                Farabee 1 year
                                Mittelstadt 1 year
                                Keller 1 year
                                Jost 1 year
                                Eichel 1 year
                                Larkin 1 year
                                Kunin 2 years (Pick 15)
                                Schwartz 2 years (Pick 14)
                                None are as "diminutive" (as I have heard others say) as Caufield. He gets 3 years. Turcotte seems like a sure fired 1 year guy. Holloway will probably be a 2 year guy, maybe 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X