X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Anthony Kehrer, another fine Canadian player, was named to the 2nd rookie team All USHL team, which may be a participation trophy. He had 1G 10A in 58 games.
    Friend of the program Chuck Schwartz/Andy Johnson tweeted out that Anthony played the most minutes of any 16 yr old in the USHL last season and that he was happy the rest of the league recognized this, so definitely more than a participation trophy.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

With Canada now playing for medals, they have moved Holloway from the 3rd to 2nd line Center vs. Latvia. Considering Tomasino, (now playing on Holloway's wing) and Suzuki (3rd C) are both likely to be first round C's in this year's draft, it speaks pretty well for how the Canadian Staff sees him stacking up on a pretty loaded team.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        With Canada now playing for medals, they have moved Holloway from the 3rd to 2nd line Center vs. Latvia. Considering Tomasino, (now playing on Holloway's wing) and Suzuki (3rd C) are both likely to be first round C's in this year's draft, it speaks pretty well for how the Canadian Staff sees him stacking up on a pretty loaded team.
        I can hardly contain my excitement! That's gold Wisko, Gold!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          It's fair to say next year the only thing UW will be last in will be that they will be the last ones on the ice in the final game.
          Tim, I think you're "hitting the hay" 😉 a little too much lately. Although, I share your team enthusiasm!
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Tim, I think you're "hitting the hay" 😉 a little too much lately. Although, I share your team enthusiasm!
            The red Kool-Aid is going down really well right now. So is the Code Red Dew and the Cherry 7 Up. Mix them all together and hang on!

Is this not the best incoming recruiting class of all time? When looked at before they played a game.

Comment

US was down to Russia 1 - 0 going into the 3rd period this morning.

Who just scored 2 goals in 3:00? Some guy named Cole Caufield. He is tied with Alex Ovechkin's 14 goals in the tourney.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

US was down to Russia 1 - 0 going into the 3rd period this morning.

Who just scored 2 goals in 3:00? Some guy named Cole Caufield. He is tied with Alex Ovechkin's 14 goals in the tourney.
                Crank up the red Kool-Aid!

The shootout effort sucked for team USA. Every guy went for the deek. After the 3rd fail someone should have tried something different. I think UW needs to recruit that commie goalie.

Comment

Team USA gets the bronze. Hughes probably gets the tourney MVP, but Caufield was nuts.

Team Canada looked VERY uninterested to be there. 4 years without a medal; they better look into their program or those fans might burn it down.

[Tim....DEKE.]

Comment

Team USA gets the bronze. Hughes probably gets the tourney MVP, but Caufield was nuts.

Team Canada looked VERY uninterested to be there. 4 years without a medal; they better look into their program or those fans might burn it down.

[Tim....DEKE.]
                    deek vs deke?? Spellcheck doesn't like either of those spellings LOL. I didn't get a chance to watch the game, how did Holloway look?

Boy was Saturday fun, eh? Watched the U18 semi's and curling mixed doubles practically all day. It's hard to beat that for TV viewing. I love that I bumped up the cable package to get the NHL and Olympic channels.

Comment

• Defenseman Tristan Luneau from Quebec has committed to UW per his Twitter. 2022 draft eligible defenseman.

https://www.hockeyprospect.com/player/tristan-luneau/
                      Last edited by DPlaya; 04-29-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                        Defenseman Tristan Luneau from Quebec has committed to UW per his Twitter. 2022 draft eligible defenseman.

Spreadsheet updated.

On another note, my subscriptions to the forum threads keep dropping off for my account. Really getting annoying.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                          Defenseman Tristan Luneau from Quebec has committed to UW per his Twitter. 2022 draft eligible defenseman.

Another first round Canadian queued up. 6-0 x 171 @ age 15, "Exceptional puck handling and skating skill". Oh yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Another first round Canadian queued up. 6-0 x 171 @ age 15, "Exceptional puck handling and skating skill". Oh yeah!
                            This kid, Cuelumans, and Grayden Dahl in the same defensive recruiting class? Wow. Oziecki is Overachieving.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                              This kid, Cuelumans, and Grayden Dahl in the same defensive recruiting class? Wow. Oziecki is Overachieving.
                              We shall see. Still hoping to see the players we have now grow in the defensive zone. 3.5 GA/game is not sustainable, I don’t care how many first round picks we have on the roster.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think its 50/50 this Quebec kid ever reaches UW.

1. High rated Quebec kids especially ones that a sure fire first round picks rarely go the college route.
                                2. This could be a play by the kid to get drafted by a specific QMJHL team.
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/