X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
    This. Was so happy when McD was traded to the Lightning.
    I was so sad.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Recruiting young isn't just restricted to hockey it seems.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...me-top-story-1
      trying to get in under the cut-off when it comes from the NCAA
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Per Mike Morreale's Twitter....
        Jack Hughes has been named United States captain for the World U18 Championship in Sweden. Assistants will be Matt Boldy, Cole Caufield, Alex Turcotte & Marshall Warren.

Comment

• Final NHL Central Scouting Rankings are out.
          Rankings amongst North American skaters.

#4 Alex Turcotte-was #5
          #8 Cole Caufield-was #15
          #93 Owen Lindmark-was #65
          #97 Ryder Donovan-was #46
          #112 Sam Stange-was #137
          #203 Mike Vorlicky-previously unranked

Former forward recruit Ethan Leyh is ranked #167 and was previously #161
          Last edited by DPlaya; 04-15-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Michael Gildon (brother of former UW recruit Max) in at 110.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
              Per Mike Morreale's Twitter....
              Jack Hughes has been named United States captain for the World U18 Championship in Sweden. Assistants will be Matt Boldy, Cole Caufield, Alex Turcotte & Marshall Warren.
              I was listening to Mike on the NHL Net on SXM, speculating who would take Turcotte. When he's drafted LEAVE HIM THE **** ALONE!
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Recruiting spreadsheet updated now that the season is done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

2022 D recruit Corson Ceulemans has my attention. He is 15 and playing for the Brooks Bandits (the Okotoks Oiler's big rival!) in the AJHL. He played in 2 games last Nov, 3 in Dec, getting no points, which in itself is impressive since he is playing against guys 2-5 yrs older than him, but he has played in the last 2 playoff games for the Bandits and had a 2 goal game last night. As a D. As a 15 yr old playing against 18-20 yr olds. He's 6-1 and 190. On his current team, the OHA Edmonton Prep, he is 13/16 for 29 pts in 30 games with 53 penalty minutes (he was 8/23 on the same team last year). He's the 7th leading scorer and the top scoring D. I'm thinking the Wayne Gretzky of D is on the way. At this point he is 4 years out, but one has to think when he's 18 he's coming, maybe 17 if his academics are ahead. His frame is college ready at 15.

I'm sure Wisko or someone else can explain the "call up" procedure" for the AJHL that will help me understand the sporadic playing for him. I wonder at what level he will play next season as a 16 yr old.....Elite Prospects has him down for the Bandits next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    2022 D recruit Corson Ceulemans has my attention. He is 15 and playing for the Brooks Bandits (the Okotoks Oiler's big rival!) in the AJHL. He played in 2 games last Nov, 3 in Dec, getting no points, which in itself is impressive since he is playing against guys 2-5 yrs older than him, but he has played in the last 2 playoff games for the Bandits and had a 2 goal game last night. As a D. As a 15 yr old playing against 18-20 yr olds. He's 6-1 and 190. On his current team, the OHA Edmonton Prep, he is 13/16 for 29 pts in 30 games with 53 penalty minutes (he was 8/23 on the same team last year). He's the 7th leading scorer and the top scoring D. I'm thinking the Wayne Gretzky of D is on the way. At this point he is 4 years out, but one has to think when he's 18 he's coming, maybe 17 if his academics are ahead. His frame is college ready at 15.

I'm sure Wisko or someone else can explain the "call up" procedure" for the AJHL that will help me understand the sporadic playing for him. I wonder at what level he will play next season as a 16 yr old.....Elite Prospects has him down for the Bandits next season.
                    https://***********/BrooksBandits/status/1118064728377417728?s=19. That is the link to the video of the goals on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                      https://***********/BrooksBandits/status/1118064728377417728?s=19. That is the link to the video of the goals on Twitter.
                      kid is huge at 15.... Looking good.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        kid is huge at 15.... Looking good.
                        6-1 190. I think he has a nasty side that a guy likes to see on a D with the 58 penalty minutes. He can crack some gopher skulls. Bring it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          6-1 190. I think he has a nasty side that a guy likes to see on a D with the 58 penalty minutes. He can crack some gopher skulls. Bring it.
                          Yes! I’d love to see anothe S. Hill type D at Wisconsin.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Yes! I’d love to see anothe S. Hill type D at Wisconsin.
                            Agreed. Although Sean is American, we need his type of demeanor which is classic western Canadian! We need that pipeline reopened.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Somebody posted a while back that they were keeping a spreadsheet with player stats. I think it was in this thread but I can't find it. I'm wondering if there is any place to find individual player faceoff statistics? The UW site does not provide it on an individual player basis.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Yes! I’d love to see another S. Hill type D at Wisconsin.
                                That exactly who I thought of as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X