This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

A current 20-year-old goalie (who will be a 21-year-old freshman) from the NAHL. Not excited at all.

Those of you who know me, know my stance on NAHL players on the Badgers. Not knocking the kids personally, they just aren't as talented as Tier 1.

This signing now has me worried, since Grannon hasn't signed yet and isn't coming. I'll wait to implode if he doesn't come.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-06-2020, 01:14 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      I have added Ben Garrity to the spreadsheet.

Up in Eagle River fishing for the weekend, but still have to do the important work in the mornings.
      What lakes? I've spent some time up there this winter (my brother lives in Conover Township). Lots of snow this year.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        A current 20-year-old goalie (who will be a 21-year-old freshman) from the NAHL. Not excited at all.

Those of you who know me, know my stance on NAHL players on the Badgers. Not knocking the kids personally, they just aren't as talented as Tier 1.

This signing now has me worried, since Grannon hasn't signed yet and isn't coming. I'll wait to implode if he doesn't come.
        This is not a goalie they're expecting to play much.

I'm not a big fan of NAHL players (less concerned about goalies), but we have one that played a year in NA after HS and has more conference points in the same amount of games as your 5th overall draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Grannon is scheduled for 21-22 or 22-23 based on what Todd M is saying.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Likely the plan is that he’s a Mitch Thompson, Ryan Jeffrey type.

An emergency goalie that happens to be rostered.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              Grannon is scheduled for 21-22 or 22-23 based on what Todd M is saying.
              Yeah he’s not coming. Book it.

Unless NTDP goalies are more used to being held back a year in the USHL than the skaters, but I have a hard time picturing a NTDP caliber player that’s just cool with not going straight to college.

Hopefully it’s fine, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Grannan pulled a (non-NTDP alums, but still were put in the same position) Montpetit/Wiercioch on us.
              Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 02-06-2020, 02:02 PM.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                On the other hand, if he's 1 or 2 years out, by then there might be a new head coach AND a goalie coach?

Comment

Unless NTDP goalies are more used to being held back a year in the USHL than the skaters, but I have a hard time picturing a NTDP caliber player that’s just cool with not going straight to college.

Hopefully it’s fine, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Grannan pulled a (non-NTDP alums, but still were put in the same position) Montpetit/Wiercioch on us.
                  I have no idea and you may be right. This signing of Garrity was definitely a surprise to me.

If Grannan comes in 21-22 after 1 year in the USHL, we would be carrying 4 goalies for a year with Lebby as a senior and Garrity/Rowe as Sophomores. That just doesn't seem likely to me. Have they had 4 goalies on the roster at one time before?

Edit: Grannan is U17 goalie this year, wouldn't he be on the U18 team next year, like Rowe is this year? That makes more sense to me. but still have the 4 goalies for one year issue.
                  Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-06-2020, 02:12 PM.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

gwhinwi - you better get a new thread name going right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      I have no idea and you may be right. This signing of Garrity was definitely a surprise to me.

If Grannan comes in 21-22 after 1 year in the USHL, we would be carrying 4 goalies for a year with Lebby as a senior and Garrity/Rowe as Sophomores. That just doesn't seem likely to me. Have they had 4 goalies on the roster at one time before?
                      Granato wants to cut Lebby. I can feel it in the air.

Unless he’s blaming Lebby for the ****ty defense in front of him in quotes as like… gamesmanship or something…

Comment

Granato wants to cut Lebby. I can feel it in the air.

Unless he’s blaming Lebby for the ****ty defense in front of him in quotes as like… gamesmanship or something…
                        If he Jurusik's The Hammer, and then pitches Grannan to the side, I AM DONE UNTIL HE IS GONE.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                        X