X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
    Wisconsin picks up a very good commitment from ‘03 RD Grayden Daul from Chicago Mission 16U. A little on smaller side, but very good mobility, two-way defender, excels at breakouts.
    Did BA give the men's hockey team less of a recruiting travel budget or did the coaches get their passports revoked for some reason with yet another Midwestern recruit?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Did BA give the men's hockey team less of a recruiting travel budget or did the coaches get their passports revoked for some reason with yet another Midwestern recruit?
      They need more members of the Canadian Club. Imo, they should have 5-7 guys from Canada on the team, less WI players.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Spreadsheet updated.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

He's a legacy recruit and Wisconsin thru and thru.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            They need more members of the Canadian Club. Imo, they should have 5-7 guys from Canada on the team, less WI players.
            "Like" button tapped.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• I could care less where the guy is from if he can play hockey at a high level.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                I could care less where the guy is from if he can play hockey at a high level.
                Agreed, but getting high quality players UW would mean some Canadians would naturally end up @ UW. There are some Canadians that are quite good at the game from what I have seen in the past.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                  I could care less where the guy is from if he can play hockey at a high level.
                  Yes. But...Canadians vs WI HS players? Generally not a contest. And when UW has been down it’s when too many home grown kids are on the team

WI HS hockey is light years behind.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

The 2006 Title team had 13 players from Wisconsin. Like digital said, who cares where they are from. Just bring in the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by milzie View Post
                      The 2006 Title team had 13 players from Wisconsin. Like digital said, who cares where they are from. Just bring in the best.
                      2006? Hello, check your Google Calendar, it's 2018
                      The birth years around 1982 - 1990 in Wisconsin produced incredible talent. Some were high school, Capitols, and other Tier 1 organIzations. Now, there are kids here and there, but nothing like the past. No debate. These latest aren't "the best". Some of the best have decommitted. Whatever happened to the pipeline we had in Western Canada? Specifically the BCHL, Penticton Vees, etc?

I'm not impressed loading the team up with Illinois and Wisconsin talent.

I hope I'm wrong, but there might be more ****ty years ahead.
                      Last edited by MadCityRich; 09-12-2018, 08:57 PM.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Who exactly are these Canadians that you guys want and would be willing/able to go to UW? Right now our best recruits coming in the next few years are Cole Caufield (Mosinee, WI), Turcotte (Walled Lake, MI) and Miller (St. Paul, MN). If you have certain players in mind speak up about them. Generalizing a location and saying we should get players from there doesn't mean much. There's plenty of talent everywhere. Just get the elite ones onto campus. That's all that matters.
                        Last edited by digitalbooya; 09-13-2018, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                          Who exactly are these Canadians that you guys want and would be willing/able to go to UW? Right now our best recruits coming in the next few years are Cole Caufield (Mosinee, WI), Turcotte (Walled Lake, MI) and Miller (St. Paul, MN). If you have certain players in mind speak up about them. Generalizing a location and saying we should get players from there doesn't mean much. There's plenty of talent everywhere. Just get the elite ones onto campus. That's all that matters.
                          Right right. We’re recruiters now and know every player out there. It’s odd how people cannot handle even a slight criticism of their favorite team.

How about this, i’ll Take a Canadian player any day of the week over a Midwest player unless said player is an elite Minnesota prospect. That’s just like, my opinion, man. 😆

Second,...Max.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Right right. We’re recruiters now and know every player out there. It’s odd how people cannot handle even a slight criticism of their favorite team.

How about this, i’ll Take a Canadian player any day of the week over a Midwest player unless said player is an elite Minnesota prospect. That’s just like, my opinion, man. ��

Second,...Max.
                            I get that you have your opinions, are you are 100% entitled to them. But to say that anyone who disagrees with your opinion is wrong is taking things a step to far...and far too common in our current world.

I'll borrow a line from any commercial you might see about financial investments:
                            "Past performance is not an indicator of future success"

Yeah, we had some great Canadian players in the past. Yup, there are some great hockey players coming out of Canada.
                            Does that mean that any Canadian player is a lock to be a great player? Nope
                            Does that mean that any Canadian player who wants to play NCAA hockey is going to be better than any NCAA-bound player from the Midwest? Nope

There are good players in Canada, there are good players in the USA, there are good players in Europe.
                            There is a shifting landscape that constantly makes playing in any number of leagues in Canada, the US, or Europe more or less attractive. Compensation levels shift, quality of facilities change, competition levels fluctuate.
                            Right now, it seems like there might be a trend for more Canadian talent to stay home and play in the Canadian leagues.
                            That wasn't necessarily the situation 5, 10, 30 years ago.
                            That may not be the situation in the next 5, 10 years either.

Things change, we don't have many Canadians on our team right now.
                            Is that the specific problem that is keeping the team from being successful? You might think so, I do not think so.
                            Can you point out any recent stats that show that teams with more Canadians are more successful, or that just your hunch from your observations?

Get the best players on your team, it doesn't matter where they are from.

I'm far more concerned with the recent fluidity of players committing / decommitting than I am about what country they are from...

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                              I get that you have your opinions, are you are 100% entitled to them. But to say that anyone who disagrees with your opinion is wrong is taking things a step to far...and far too common in our current world.

I'll borrow a line from any commercial you might see about financial investments:
                              "Past performance is not an indicator of future success"

Yeah, we had some great Canadian players in the past. Yup, there are some great hockey players coming out of Canada.
                              Does that mean that any Canadian player is a lock to be a great player? Nope
                              Does that mean that any Canadian player who wants to play NCAA hockey is going to be better than any NCAA-bound player from the Midwest? Nope

There are good players in Canada, there are good players in the USA, there are good players in Europe.
                              There is a shifting landscape that constantly makes playing in any number of leagues in Canada, the US, or Europe more or less attractive. Compensation levels shift, quality of facilities change, competition levels fluctuate.
                              Right now, it seems like there might be a trend for more Canadian talent to stay home and play in the Canadian leagues.
                              That wasn't necessarily the situation 5, 10, 30 years ago.
                              That may not be the situation in the next 5, 10 years either.

Things change, we don't have many Canadians on our team right now.
                              Is that the specific problem that is keeping the team from being successful? You might think so, I do not think so.
                              Can you point out any recent stats that show that teams with more Canadians are more successful, or that just your hunch from your observations?

Get the best players on your team, it doesn't matter where they are from.

I'm far more concerned with the recent fluidity of players committing / decommitting than I am about what country they are from...
                              Where did I comment saying someone’s opinion is wrong? We need to slow down and read every word. I’m stating my opinion and mine alone. I would like more Canadian kids on the roster.
                              If you or booya want an entire line-up of WI guys or 13-14 WI players fine. That is decidedly not what I think will be successful against BU, BC, Minn, Nodak, Denver et al. And that’s my opinion only.

Salut, have a White Russian. Solo abides

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Where did I comment saying someone’s opinion is wrong? We need to slow down and read every word. I’m stating my opinion and mine alone. I would like more Canadian kids on the roster.
                                If you or booya want an entire line-up of WI guys or 13-14 WI players fine. That is decidedly not what I think will be successful against BU, BC, Minn, Nodak, Denver et al. And that’s my opinion only.

Salut, have a White Russian. Solo abides
                                Boston College 2018-2019 Roster - 2 - Canada, 3 - Finland, 1- Wisconsin, and have players from the hockey hotbeds of Georgia, Florida, Idaho, Texas, Nevada, California and Missouri.
                                Boston University - 4 - Canada, 1 -Finland, most of the rest from New England, with Minnesota, Michigan and Illinois represented
                                Minnesota - 1 - Canada, 1 - Finland, 20 - Minnesota, one each Alaska, Arizona, Wisconsin and Michigan
                                North Dakota - 10 - Canada, 1 - Finland, 1 - Norway, 11 - Minnesota, 1 - North Dakota, 1 - Ohio
                                Denver - 10 - Canada, 1 - Finland, 1- Norway, 1- Sweden, 7 - California, 2 - Illinois, 3 - Colorado, 1 - Michigan

From your list, it seems only North Dakota and Denver have made Canada a priority. Boston College seems to follow the philosophy of getting the best players they can regardless of where they're from.

Comment

Working...
                                X