This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Man, it's a long wait 'til he gets here though.
    I don't get excited about kids 3, 4, 5 years out anymore. These days, that's a lot of time to change your mind.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Ben Almquist has been traded to Cedar Rapids. Almquist joins Wisconsin recruit Josh Bohlin on the Riders roster

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
        Ben Almquist has been traded to Cedar Rapids. Almquist joins Wisconsin recruit Josh Bohlin on the Riders roster
        Awesome, keep us updated periodically on how they look, will you please?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Any chance Cam York decommitted from BC to come play for Oz and Tony?

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
            Any chance Cam York decommitted from BC to come play for Oz and Tony?
            Anything is possible, I guess. Another 1st rounder on the Blue line would take a little of the sting out of the whole Sampo debacle. Red Deer in the WHL holds his rights up North if he looks that way. Seems like he could use some NCAA bulking up time, so if not Canada and he's just looking elsewhere I'm sure Mel at Michigan and Motzko at Minnesota are in his ear already. He played at Shattuck before going to the NTDP so he's got some roots in both places. Speaking of which, he's from Anaheim Hills which is right next to Irvine, where Nic Kerdiles grew up... so going by that, he's practically a lock to be a Badger!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Watched most of the All American Prospects game and I thought all our guys looked pretty good. Caufield netted a pair of nice goals, Turcotte had an assist early, and while Lindmark didn't get on the sheet, I thought he got in the right spots a lot of times, the puck just didn't find him.

Every body assumes uncommitted Jack Hughes will go to Michigan if he plays NCAA. I just can't believe he would want to break up that Hughes-to-Caufield lethal scoring combo they have going... if you know what I mean...
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                Any chance Cam York decommitted from BC to come play for Oz and Tony?
                There was a tweet that said it was still likely he ends up in college, the decommitment was staff related, so they better be on the horn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  Watched most of the All American Prospects game and I thought all our guys looked pretty good. Caufield netted a pair of nice goals, Turcotte had an assist early, and while Lindmark didn't get on the sheet, I thought he got in the right spots a lot of times, the puck just didn't find him.

Every body assumes uncommitted Jack Hughes will go to Michigan if he plays NCAA. I just can't believe he would want to break up that Hughes-to-Caufield lethal scoring combo they have going... if you know what I mean...
                  Hughes hasn’t committed? Interesting. I thought he was a lock for a one and done at Michigan.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Hughes hasn’t committed? Interesting. I thought he was a lock for a one and done at Michigan.
                    He probably is. Hughes has done what I think any kid that has a chance to make the NTDP should do, which is remain uncommitted. If you're in the top 30 kids, you can choose to go to school anywhere you're academically eligible for your senior year, just like every other college bound senior does. Plus you get the opportunity to get the best visits and pitches from the staff you're almost certain to play for.

Hughes may just go straight to the NHL next year anyway, he's that good. But I'm sure he's getting calls on a daily basis from everyone and no doubt all the top coaches lined up to say hello last night, just in case. Oz was definitely at the game last night, guessing Tony was too? Hope they had a good pitch for Cam York planned out. Probably a big line to get to see him, too.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

For those complaining that the coaches don't spend enough time in Canada...

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        He probably is. Hughes has done what I think any kid that has a chance to make the NTDP should do, which is remain uncommitted. If you're in the top 30 kids, you can choose to go to school anywhere you're academically eligible for your senior year, just like every other college bound senior does. Plus you get the opportunity to get the best visits and pitches from the staff you're almost certain to play for.
                        You said it yourself, though. He can go straight to the NHL so he's in a very different situation than his teammates.

Comment

Hughes may just go straight to the NHL next year anyway, he's that good. But I'm sure he's getting calls on a daily basis from everyone and no doubt all the top coaches lined up to say hello last night, just in case. Oz was definitely at the game last night, guessing Tony was too? Hope they had a good pitch for Cam York planned out. Probably a big line to get to see him, too.
                          I thought he had pretty much said that he would go straight to the NHL. And waiting until your last year is not necessarily the best thing, even for players that good. This day in age, most schools will have already committed most, or all, of their scholarship money for the next year meaning there really wouldn't be a lot of schools to choose from. That may change with a minimum age for school visits.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            This day in age, most schools will have already committed most, or all, of their scholarship money for the next year meaning there really wouldn't be a lot of schools to choose from.
                            UW has the money. Make it happen SOG.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              I thought he had pretty much said that he would go straight to the NHL. And waiting until your last year is not necessarily the best thing, even for players that good. This day in age, most schools will have already committed most, or all, of their scholarship money for the next year meaning there really wouldn't be a lot of schools to choose from. That may change with a minimum age for school visits.
                              Perhaps he will, but thus far, no one has ever gone from the NTDP straight to the show. Depends a lot on his year and who drafts him I suppose.

I'm not so sure elite players have a problem finding teams. Ranta found a team in August. Room will be made for Cam York on any roster he qualifies for. Plenty of examples of guys reopening their recruiting as seniors and going elsewhere. If you're elite at 18 you will easily find a good home. If your elite at 15 and suck at 18, you aren't going to find room at that top program you committed to anyway. Plenty of examples there too.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Perhaps he will, but thus far, no one has ever gone from the NTDP straight to the show. Depends a lot on his year and who drafts him I suppose.

I'm not so sure elite players have a problem finding teams. Ranta found a team in August. Room will be made for Cam York on any roster he qualifies for. Plenty of examples of guys reopening their recruiting as seniors and going elsewhere. If you're elite at 18 you will easily find a good home. If your elite at 15 and suck at 18, you aren't going to find room at that top program you committed to anyway. Plenty of examples there too.
                                Well when Ranta decommited, the rumor was he was going to BU because Brady T had left, so that meant BU had money available. Instead he wisely chose MN, which had money freed up when Hurley had decided not to come earlier in the year. And the comparison to make isn't 'how many NTDP player go straight to the NHL?", it is "How many clear number 1 overall picks choose to play NCAA after being selected?"

Comment

Working...
                                X