No announcement yet.

Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, is indicative that the NEHC has as a whole become stronger and more competitive league with the fact that we have had 3 - 4 teams ranked in the top 15 pair wise/RPI rankings over the past few weeks? Right now, Norwich is 4, UMB 5, Hobart 8 and Babson a close 16. From my perspective watching the games and following the results, I think the NEHC is one of the most competitive leagues in the east, maybe even the nation. I would be interested in hearing other poster's thoughts on this.

Happy play offs everyone![/QUOTE]

NEHC is a very good league BUT i would put the CCC right up there with them top to bottom. As a matter of fact the CCC and the NEHC are 6-6-3 against each other. Pretty even. Two ties by Endicott vs. Norwich, Curry beat UMB and lost to Babson. The CCC was 5-1 vs. SUNY, 5-2-1 vs. the NESCAC, and 9-6-1 vs. MASCAC. They may not have the three ranked teams like last year but #1-5 can play against anyone in the country on any given night.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Quarterfinal matchup after a 1-1 regular season split. The Suffolk home weekend was probably the worst hockey I’d seen Norwich play in quite some time. I remember actually being worried about the state of the team that weekend but thankfully I was 100% wrong.

Suffolk still has surprised a few teams this year and cannot be taken lightly. They will no doubt be playing for some pride After we went down there and dominated them.

Keys for Norwich are to stick to their own game plan and not get into the rough play. Suffolk is 9th in the nation in penalty minutes, let them take all the minutes they want and keep burying the puck on the PP. Looking forward to the game and hoping for a good atmosphere like the NEC game. Go Wick!

Comment

Whew, 1-0 win for the Cadets, scoring late in the third.
        Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
          Whew, 1-0 win for the Cadets, scoring late in the third.
          Man are you right, Phew (or Whew) and Thank Goodness! Seemed like a great crowd, the wave was awesome! Bring on Babson next Saturday, the team will be ready! By the way, I congratulated the team last week, but Coach Ellsworth, YOU ARE A KEEPER!!! Great job developing the team through the season, I like your way and the "systems".
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Loved the crowd tonight! Wish we coulda got the place bumping earlier but hey I’ll take it.

Oswego loss to Platty bumps us up to 3rd in Pairwise...

Been a wild second half, keep it going Cadets!

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
              Loved the crowd tonight! Wish we coulda got the place bumping earlier but hey I’ll take it.

Oswego loss to Platty bumps us up to 3rd in Pairwise...

Been a wild second half, keep it going Cadets!
              Best crowd I’ve seen at Kreitzberg in awhile.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

It's the playoffs. A win's a win. And that's all that matters at this point.
                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                  Quarterfinal matchup after a 1-1 regular season split. The Suffolk home weekend was probably the worst hockey I’d seen Norwich play in quite some time. I remember actually being worried about the state of the team that weekend but thankfully I was 100% wrong.

Suffolk still has surprised a few teams this year and cannot be taken lightly. They will no doubt be playing for some pride After we went down there and dominated them.

Keys for Norwich are to stick to their own game plan and not get into the rough play. Suffolk is 9th in the nation in penalty minutes, let them take all the minutes they want and keep burying the puck on the PP. Looking forward to the game and hoping for a good atmosphere like the NEC game. Go Wick!
                  I would agree with you about the improvement in the NEHC. Thinking out loud here, but I wonder what the impact of the CCC losing J&W and Suffolk to the NEHC and reducing their "bottom of the league" teams down to two. Please don't jump on me for the reference of "bottom of the league", Suffolk and J&W went from the bottom of the CCC to the bottom of the NEHC. That's a possible 8 points and 4 wins for the top of the league.

I know that they have to win the games, but I wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                    It's the playoffs. A win's a win. And that's all that matters at this point.
                    Correct. Suffolk played a tremendous team game and goalie was very sharp. Norwich played a good game, just couldn't bury the puck. Far different game in my opinion than the 1-0 loss to Suffolk earlier this year at Kreitzberg.

Onto Babson.

Even more importantly, by virtue of Norwich's win and Oswego's loss to Plattsburgh last night, the Cadets moved up to No. 3 in the pairwise rankings. That's huge if Norwich and Oswego both fail to win their conferences.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Correct. Suffolk played a tremendous team game and goalie was very sharp. Norwich played a good game, just couldn't bury the puck. Far different game in my opinion than the 1-0 loss to Suffolk earlier this year at Kreitzberg.

Onto Babson.

Even more importantly, by virtue of Norwich's win and Oswego's loss to Plattsburgh last night, the Cadets moved up to No. 3 in the pairwise rankings. That's huge if Norwich and Oswego both fail to win their conferences.
                      Prez could you tell me when the Men and Women's hockey teams are going to practice on the Vermont State House lawn as part of the 200 year Norwich schedule of events. As you know this is a very small rink.
                      2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                      2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
                        Prez could you tell me when the Men and Women's hockey teams are going to practice on the Vermont State House lawn as part of the 200 year Norwich schedule of events. As you know this is a very small rink.
                        They are not practicing or scrimmaging. It was poorly worded by the people that put the schedule together. They will be there making an appearance and it will be more like a “Skate with the Cadets” type event, meet and greet and interact with the players.

They will be there from 3pm to 4:30pm.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          They are not practicing or scrimmaging. It was poorly worded by the people that put the schedule together. They will be there making an appearance and it will be more like a “Skate with the Cadets” type event, meet and greet and interact with the players.

They will be there from 3pm to 4:30pm.
                          Are they going to have reception for the team at the State House or Capital Plaza? Looking forward to meeting a couple of the new guys.
                          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but who should we be rooting for in the other semifinal? Home ice would be nice but Hobart seems to find ways to give us fits. That and UMB is no pushover.... especially in their own barn. Fun to think about but first things first.

Comment

Entertaining first period. Need to tighten up on faceoffs in our zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by nujack View Post
                                Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but who should we be rooting for in the other semifinal? Home ice would be nice but Hobart seems to find ways to give us fits. That and UMB is no pushover.... especially in their own barn. Fun to think about but first things first.
                                If the boys can take care of business tonight, I want Hobart at Kreitzberg. Full circle for revenge from last year/

Comment

Working...
                                X