Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

5-0-2 in last 7 and up to fifth in the Pairwise....
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Wow, knew it would help to get that W but didn’t know we would jump that much. Glad that little roof leak didn’t end up cancelling out the game!

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        Well, when it comes to attendance, at least we're not Middlebury. Yeesh.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Important Win Now ONTO Castleton X's 2
          Steve Day(NU71)
          Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
            Important Win Now ONTO Castleton X's 2
            For the players, absolutely. As fans, let's bask in the glory of another season sweep of Middlebury for a couple days.
            Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

I know I frequently tout the merits of Coach Ellsworth, but I want to share a quick story....

Tonight was “Gold Out Kreitzberg”. Each fan got a gold towel to wave. If you had walked through the rink around 2:30 today, you would have seen Cam, alone, placing towels on the seat backs. Eventually, more people pitched in, but seeing the Norwich men’s hockey coach doing that alone in a quiet rink was a nice example of the man’s humility. We’ve got a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                I know I frequently tout the merits of Coach Ellsworth, but I want to share a quick story....

Tonight was “Gold Out Kreitzberg”. Each fan got a gold towel to wave. If you had walked through the rink around 2:30 today, you would have seen Cam, alone, placing towels on the seat backs. Eventually, more people pitched in, but seeing the Norwich men’s hockey coach doing that alone in a quiet rink was a nice example of the man’s humility. We’ve got a good one.
                Given that effort, it's even more of a shame that 95% of the crowd didn't participate in the gold out.
                Norwich '13

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                  Given that effort, it's even more of a shame that 95% of the crowd didn't participate in the gold out.
                  At least there was a good crowd

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                    At least there was a good crowd
                    That is true.

On a similar note, what does it say about the state of the in-state rivarlies that Kenyon Arena was half empty last week and Spartan Arena was packed tonight?
                    Norwich '13

Comment

Well, Midd is no longer in conference for one, and their hockey team hasn't been that good up until very recently for another. I was talking to an older Midd alum, and he told me that the college is more country clubish to the point that he now contributes to "other colleges that need the funds more." So there's that.
                      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                        Well, Midd is no longer in conference for one, and their hockey team hasn't been that good up until very recently for another. I was talking to an older Midd alum, and he told me that the college is more country clubish to the point that he now contributes to "other colleges that need the funds more." So there's that.
                        I read an article about Wesleyan not too long ago that talked about the divide between the older alums and newer generation. While I'm sure many alums of such schools kinda shake their heads at what their schools are nowadays, I think in Wesleyan's case it was the opposite if I remember correctly. Certainly an interesting dynamic.
                        Norwich '13

Comment

After Escaping Spartan Arena It Is Now Across the Lake and ONTO Plattsburgh
                          Last edited by Steve Day; 01-27-2019, 11:06 AM.
                          Steve Day(NU71)
                          Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                            After Escaping Spartan Arena It Is Now Across the Lake and ONTO Plattsburg
                            New team?
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Norwich jumps up from 15th to 9th in the pairwise rankings with the sweep of Babson/UMass Boston.

"Just win baby" but still, encouraging to see that Norwich still has an outside shot at a Pool C if they don't lose too many more games this year and don't win the AQ bid.

Right now the Pool C bids would go to Oswego, Fredonia and Eau Claire. But Norwich is the next team out.
                              Stevens Point is also a Pool C as the WIAC is not an AQ conference
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Stevens Point is also a Pool C as the WIAC is not an AQ conference
                                Is there no more Pool B? If there is Stevens Point would probably get that and Eau Claire would get a Pool C
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X