Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
    Hope you are feeling "up and about" well soon. Florida has been dry and warm during the day, cooling down nicely when the sun goes down. We're getting some rain today which we need. What area are you from in Northern NY? I am originally from Plattsburgh, and used to be a Cardinal Hockey fan until I moved to Central Vermont and saw the Cadets play the Cards. I have been Maroon and Gold since- better coach-better players-better discipline=better hockey!

As for Norwich, I know hoping to at least tie Hobart maybe asking too much, I agree with Prof, as long as they play well, I will be pleased.
    Hoping for a tie???

Comment

I’d like to hear from Flint.

Comment

Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
        Flint is on a small planet in the Omega system.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

What would you like to hear? My hopes for the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
            What would you like to hear? My hopes for the weekend?
            Yes, of course. You’re so much closer to the program than others. As always, would appreciate your insight, etc.

Comment

Yes, of course. You’re so much closer to the program than others. As always, would appreciate your insight, etc.
              If we're being totally honest, I don't care about the results this weekend. I want to see the team play well. If they play well this weekend, I'll feel really good about where they're headed. Coach Cam Ellsworth: "I'm not worried about being the best team in November. I want to be the best team we can be in February and March".

I think he's on to something. Having a chance to interact with him, I can see how how the philosophy came with him from Lowell. I'm a big Hockey East guy, and I watched their evolution. I think that's why I was so pumped when we hired Cam.

I could go on and on about the changes, philosophy, etc. But I won't. Haha.

Finally, at the end of the day, I anticipate a win over Skidmore and a battle with Hobart. Contrary to the pollsters, these are still the two best teams in the league. I think the Cadets pull out a weekend sweep, and I think there might be one or two "unlikely" heroes.

Great weekend to be in Northfield, by the way. Hockey vs. Skidmore tonight. Football at home vs. 7-1 MIT tomorrow at noon, followed by the hockey game vs. Hobart. Go Cadets!

Comment

1-0 Norwich after 2 periods. cadets absolutely dominated first 15 minutes of 2nd period but Skidmore came on very strong in the last five minutes and nearly got the equalizer.

Norwich goal was a pretty backdoor pass from Williams to Jackson for the tap-in goal on the power play.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
                  Hoping for a tie???
                  Uh-oh. '59 is triggered.
                  Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

I think he's on to something. Having a chance to interact with him, I can see how how the philosophy came with him from Lowell. I'm a big Hockey East guy, and I watched their evolution. I think that's why I was so pumped when we hired Cam.

I could go on and on about the changes, philosophy, etc. But I won't. Haha.
                    I wouldn't mind if you did.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    1-0 Norwich after 2 periods. cadets absolutely dominated first 15 minutes of 2nd period but Skidmore came on very strong in the last five minutes and nearly got the equalizer.

Norwich goal was a pretty backdoor pass from Williams to Jackson for the tap-in goal on the power play.
                    Seemed like the Cadets let their guard down a bit in the last 5 minutes after dominating the first 15. Aubrun has been good when needed. It's nice to see a kid get a chance after patiently waiting his turn.

NU has dominated for the most part. But that's easier to do when you've been on the power-play for seemingly half the game. Hopefully they can start cashing-in on some of these chances.
                    Norwich '13

Comment

Skidmore takes advantage of their powerplay. We're tied 1-1 with 15:00 to go.
                      Norwich '13

Comment

2-1 OT win. Congrats to Coach Ellsworth for his first win in the Maroon and Gold!
                        Norwich '13

Comment

Flint, I missed tonight’s injury report. #5, 22, 24, 26 healing, among others? How did the play look rinkside?

Comment

Flint, I missed tonight’s injury report. #5, 22, 24, 26 healing, among others? How did the play look rinkside?
                            Unfortunately, I wasn’t rinkside tonight. A tiny human really wanted Dad to stay home. But, we watched the stream. Like everyone else, I think Norwich carried the play most of the night. Seemed to lag in the end of the second, and it carried over to start the third. Somewhat concerned with the inability to capitalize on opportunities and put the puck in the net, but I think as time goes on, lines will become more clear, and the boys will be just fine. Getting Cowlthorpe back will be big; kid does a bit of everything.

I was pleased to the the defense play well without Erickson. Cam Beecy continues to make the most of every chance he gets. George referenced it on the broadcast, and I can confirm firsthand: no one works harder in the weight room than Beecy.

As I alluded to earlier, Coach Ellsworth is more focused on the process than the result. He doesn’t talk about winning games. He talks about winning races to the puck, winning one on one battles, wearing people down and finishing them late. He believes wins are a by product of those things, and I agree with him.

I think this is going to be a really enjoyable team to support all season.

Comment

Unfortunately, I wasn’t rinkside tonight. A tiny human really wanted Dad to stay home. But, we watched the stream. Like everyone else, I think Norwich carried the play most of the night. Seemed to lag in the end of the second, and it carried over to start the third. Somewhat concerned with the inability to capitalize on opportunities and put the puck in the net, but I think as time goes on, lines will become more clear, and the boys will be just fine. Getting Cowlthorpe back will be big; kid does a bit of everything.

I was pleased to the the defense play well without Erickson. Cam Beecy continues to make the most of every chance he gets. George referenced it on the broadcast, and I can confirm firsthand: no one works harder in the weight room than Beecy.

As I alluded to earlier, Coach Ellsworth is more focused on the process than the result. He doesn’t talk about winning games. He talks about winning races to the puck, winning one on one battles, wearing people down and finishing them late. He believes wins are a by product of those things, and I agree with him.

I think this is going to be a really enjoyable team to support all season.
                              Much appreciated - thanks. Maybe you’ll make today’s game.

Comment

Finally, at the end of the day, I anticipate a win over Skidmore and a battle with Hobart. Contrary to the pollsters, these are still the two best teams in the league. I think the Cadets pull out a weekend sweep, and I think there might be one or two "unlikely" heroes.
                                Thanks to a Cam Beecy assist on a game winner, and D Robby’s goal today; I kinda nailed this prediction 🤣

Comment

Working...
                                X