Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

White jerseys. I feel like I never see the white jerseys!
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
      White jerseys. I feel like I never see the white jerseys!
      They’re beautiful

Comment

Couple of ugly early turnovers aside, I REALLY like the way they’re playing so far. Aggressive, great forecheck. Lotta hustle.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
          Couple of ugly early turnovers aside, I REALLY like the way they’re playing so far. Aggressive, great forecheck. Lotta hustle.
          George was right when he said they're playing great from their blue line out, struggling a bit in their zone.

With that said, that was a beauty of shot by Hall.
          Norwich '13

Comment

I know Krb talks about how much Coach Ellsworth preaches focusing the process, but I think you can really see the fruits of that approach in watching this team. For example, tonight the passing was much cleaner and sharper. A marked improvement over the Endicott game a couple of weeks ago.
            Norwich '13

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
              I know Krb talks about how much Coach Ellsworth preaches focusing the process, but I think you can really see the fruits of that approach in watching this team. For example, tonight the passing was much cleaner and sharper. A marked improvement over the Endicott game a couple of weeks ago.
              If they play like they did tonight, they’re as good as anyone. Excited to watch the continued progress.

Comment

Haven’t been to as many games as usual this year but that was the cleanest passing I’d seen from this team thus far. Something had been missing from games before but tonight it really looked like a complete unit out there. Definitely room for improvement but thought after the first the play in our own end was better.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                  If they play like they did tonight, they’re as good as anyone. Excited to watch the continued progress.
                  Just back from "THE BERG" Total Team Effort
                  Steve Day(NU71)
                  Go Cadets

Comment

Cadets take 2 vs the top teams in the NEHC. Great weekend. Gotta keep on the gas. I think they’re hitting their stride.

Tom Aubrun was ridiculous this weekend

Comment

Aubrun not player of the game?! George what’s going on?

Haha just have to bust your chops but great weekend all around.

Blanking the top two teams and a big swing in the standings.

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                        Aubrun not player of the game?! George what’s going on?

Haha just have to bust your chops but great weekend all around.

Blanking the top two teams and a big swing in the standings.
                        Haha, I said the same thing!

Comment

Actually, Aubrun was the Player of the Weekend.
                          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

While we are at it: The whole team were the Players of the Weekend as they put together two nights of coordinated and intense hockey and beat off the Saturday night let down. Nice to see the development of this team as time passes on. Need to play like this against all remaining opponents, ranked or not, to get where they (and we) want to go. Great job Cadets
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Side note (sorry to be a downer)...

Can everyone who is able to get their butts to the rink next Friday for Castleton? And if you’re a season ticket holder who never gets to campus, will you consider giving them up? I’m so darn sick of seeing a half empty barn. It’s embarrassing how poor attendance has been the last couple of seasons.

Comment

Norwich jumps up from 15th to 9th in the pairwise rankings with the sweep of Babson/UMass Boston.

"Just win baby" but still, encouraging to see that Norwich still has an outside shot at a Pool C if they don't lose too many more games this year and don't win the AQ bid.

Right now the Pool C bids would go to Oswego, Fredonia and Eau Claire. But Norwich is the next team out.
                                Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 01-19-2019, 08:34 PM.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X