Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    There cannot be that many stupid people on the earth. I'm not that smart.
    Picture the average American in your head. Then realize about 50 percent of the population is dumber than that.

Comment

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Picture the average American in your head. Then realize about 50 percent of the population is dumber than that.
      I didn't take stats--how does this "average," "mean," thing work? I mean, if you have a small population of people who are completely f c ing, irretrievably stupid as trump is, weighing down the midpoint, does that mean there will be more than 50% who are smarter than I am? (likely in any case)

Explain it like I'm in trump's grade.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        I didn't take stats--how does this "average," "mean," thing work? I mean, if you have a small population of people who are completely f c ing, irretrievably stupid as trump is, weighing down the midpoint, does that mean there will be more than 50% who are smarter than I am? (likely in any case)

Explain it like I'm in trump's grade.
        Median is the 50th percentile.

If the group is mainly stupid, with a few super smart people pulling up the average, then the majority of people will be below the mean/average. In other words, the median is below the average.

Other way around if the group is mainly smart with a few super dumb people.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Median is the 50th percentile.

If the group is mainly stupid, with a few super smart people pulling up the average, then the majority of people will be below the mean/average. In other words, the median is below the average.

Other way around if the group is mainly smart with a few super dumb people.
          I tend to view any population measured in 9 figures like the US is as pretty much a bell curve. A few really really dumb people, a few ridiculously smart people, and a bunch clustered in the middle. But if you picture someone smack dab in the middle of that curve, half of it is still dumber than that hypothetical middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            didn't know Carlin was into cannibalism
            I hate posting from my phone...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              There are many out there that just can't grasp the big picture. Not sure what to call that.

But many addicts are not necessarily just oblivious. My family has its fair share plus. They're smart enough. Coulter and Ingraham are not dumb and I don't think they're necessarily evil (but perhaps bad). Addicts just have a completely different psychological make up - while some are listening to music - they're getting a fix. I think there's a fear trait in them and they want to lash out. I'm not sure where the 'let's make everyone on the left an enemy' came from...but I do know that the left is more than tired of it.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Coulter and Ingraham are not dumb ....
                they are entertainers and like making more coin on tv than they would otherwise make giving bjs. is daniel craig an super secret agent ?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

https://***********/thehill/status/1...536542721?s=19

So much civility...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Yep. This is exactly what I predicted months ago. Everyone here thought it was cute when some lawmaker spends his dinner in a restaurant getting verbally abused, but only because that lawmaker happened to be on the opposite side politically. Then I spent weeks getting ridiculed for suggesting that acting like a complete twatwaffle maybe isn't the preferred way to go, because all it does is further ramp up ridiculous behavior.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Yep. This is exactly what I predicted months ago. Everyone here thought it was cute when some lawmaker spends his dinner in a restaurant getting verbally abused, but only because that lawmaker happened to be on the opposite side politically. Then I spent weeks getting ridiculed for suggesting that acting like a complete twatwaffle maybe isn't the preferred way to go, because all it does is further ramp up ridiculous behavior.
                      The only time I liked when people did that was when Nielsen got confronted at I believe a Mexican Restaurant while detaining Mexican children at the border. (and being caught lying about the details) That type of brazen douchiness should get called out. Other than that unless the person has done something ridiculously bad leave them alone when they are in public with their family.

In fairness though most of the protesters didnt say these types of things they just chanted. This type of heckling is off the charts bad. Sad thing is it is pretty mainstream thinking amongst the GOP at this point...even some of the ones I know speak this way about people like Pelosi. the amount of vitriol the Right has towards her is rather astounding. I mean you can hate she is a liberal all you want to but what exactly has she done to make so many hate her? Her run as Speaker didnt lead to anything that should upset the Right that badly.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        The only time I liked when people did that was when Nielsen got confronted at I believe a Mexican Restaurant while detaining Mexican children at the border. (and being caught lying about the details) That type of brazen douchiness should get called out. Other than that unless the person has done something ridiculously bad leave them alone when they are in public with their family.

In fairness though most of the protesters didnt say these types of things they just chanted. This type of heckling is off the charts bad. Sad thing is it is pretty mainstream thinking amongst the GOP at this point...even some of the ones I know speak this way about people like Pelosi. the amount of vitriol the Right has towards her is rather astounding. I mean you can hate she is a liberal all you want to but what exactly has she done to make so many hate her? Her run as Speaker didnt lead to anything that should upset the Right that badly.
                        No different than the hate towards Hillary. They hate the type. And Pelosi and Clinton are pretty much the same type.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I'm ok with the restaurant stuff - assuming its not physically threatening in any way. We allow for corporate boycotts. We allow for protests of whatever. But do the people behind the policies even feel a little discomfort?

The price of being a movie star is having people want your autograph and getting into congress is an important public gig. Its good to be popular and you should be rewarded. But if you're going to do what half the country thinks is criminal by throwing the public or country under the bus, you can suffer through a little personal discomfort.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

I'm not a fan of the yelling down in restaurants. Unless of course the politicians don't give these people access to protest in more appropriate forums. Then I say, "**** 'em."
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I guess I don’t get too upset over pelosi getting yelled at. If you want to scream at the person who doesn’t want to take away health care and who doesn’t want to put kids in cages, well, then that says more about them.

Comment

Since they haven't spoken to their constituents since voting to kill healthcare and given tax cuts to billionaires over a freaking year ago, people are forced to chase them down and scream at them.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X