Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

It shouldn't come as a surprise that he chose to leave. He knew he wanted to suit up for the Rangers and with their rebuilding, he figures to get some decent ice time especially on the PP. I don't begrudge his decision but the program just took a major hit.

The fallout from this might also have implications for recruiting down the road. Admissions doesn't like admitting athletes who jump ship especially from one particular program. With Donato and Fox in back to back years and Rathbone apparently eyeing the NHL, it will be harder to recruit against the schools that don't care if their kids leave early (Ferraro left UMass to sign with the Sharks). If Adam had stayed, it would have made a statement and helped the staff continue to recruit NHL caliber players who can handle the academics.

Comment

If a kid's academics are in order to get into Harvard in the first place I don't see how anything will change. Someone in admissions isn't going to be a hockey savant who can predict when these kids will leave Harvard. Plus, both Donato and Fox did a lot for Harvard hockey. With both playing three years they would be foolish not to complete their degree. I don't see how this is a negative for Harvard.

Comment

Harvard is bringing in 7 frosh next year:

https://gocrimson.com/sports/mice/20...20190620iuagxp

Comment

So now that we know who is coming next year and barring any unforeseen events, below is what I would project for the line-ups:

Projected line-ups:
          Bowlby, Drury, Dornbach
          Farinacci, Badini, Abruzzesse
          Solin, Shore, Gregoire
          Deveaux, Wong, Krusko

Marino, Rathbone
          Walsh, Foskey
          Siedem, Thrun

Gornet, Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            So now that we know who is coming next year and barring any unforeseen events, below is what I would project for the line-ups:

Projected line-ups:
            Bowlby, Drury, Dornbach
            Farinacci, Badini, Abruzzesse
            Solin, Shore, Gregoire
            Deveaux, Wong, Krusko

Marino, Rathbone
            Walsh, Foskey
            Siedem, Thrun

Gornet, Gibson
            I'm not sure that three frosh start on D. That seems a bit optimistic. I would think Teddy would want some experience back there. What about Foley?

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
              I'm not sure that three frosh start on D. That seems a bit optimistic. I would think Teddy would want some experience back there. What about Foley?
              Yes. I think Thrun is a no brainer Top 6. I think Siedem, Foskey could mix it up with Foley and others, but we shall see.

Farinacci, Thrun, and Abruzzesse all drafted. Harvard will have more depth this year (will expand from a 2 line team), but will be young (and talented) on the back-end. Be interesting on the back-end if Teddy mixes up experience with youth or goes for a Top D pairing (Rathbone & Marino).

Comment

Yes. I think Thrun is a no brainer Top 6. I think Siedem, Foskey could mix it up with Foley and others, but we shall see.

Farinacci, Thrun, and Abruzzesse all drafted. Harvard will have more depth this year (will expand from a 2 line team), but will be young (and talented) on the back-end. Be interesting on the back-end if Teddy mixes up experience with youth or goes for a Top D pairing (Rathbone & Marino).
                I hope he mixes it up unless there is definite chemistry amongst the frosh and the coaching staff feels comfortable putting them out there consistently. I would imagine for PK duty and faceoffs in our end, someone with experience will pair with a frosh.

Comment

Marino traded from oilers to penguins. Some chatter about him signing and foregoing senior year.

Comment

Marino traded from oilers to penguins. Some chatter about him signing and foregoing senior year.
                    Here’s the Penguins press release:

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pe...t-twt-penguins

Seems Donato will be short a second veteran defender making this a year to experiment and rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Marino signs. So Fox and Marino lost in the off-season. Ugh!

Comment

Bad day no doubt. You also lost recruit Ryan Del Monte who signed with the Barrie Colts. ......BTW, you also lost Cole Shepard last month who signed with Vancouver Giants.
                        Last edited by turk181; 08-08-2019, 04:11 PM.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          Bad day no doubt. You also lost recruit Ryan Del Monte who signed with the Barrie Colts. ......BTW, you also lost Cole Shepard last month who signed with Vancouver Giants.
                          Yup. Shepard and Del Monte always considered long shots. Love what harvard has coming in this year and next but the Marino loss stings. Probably pushed harvard from top 4 to more in the 5-7 range.

Comment

Is Marino ready? Pens really need help back there
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yup. Shepard and Del Monte always considered long shots. Love what harvard has coming in this year and next but the Marino loss stings. Probably pushed harvard from top 4 to more in the 5-7 range.
                              Yeah more like 7-8. We're really going to be young back there - a lot of inexperience. And there goes the PP as well. Oh well...

Comment

2019-2020 season tickets ordered (both men's and women's , i am obsessive) - Check
                                Schedule entered into calendar - check

Time to start a new thread for 2019-2020

New thread started - check

Looking forward to the season

Comment

Working...
                                X