Union College: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College: 2018-2019

Anyone know if they're going to do an alumni event for the series against Northeastern in Boston like they did for BU last year? Its homecoming weekend so i'd guess not. Just wondering if i should go snag tickets now on the Northeastern website.

Comment

Was Mark Adams, the former PC player who just passed away, a brother of Jack Adams? Both are listed as from Boxford, MA.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Was Mark Adams, the former PC player who just passed away, a brother of Jack Adams? Both are listed as from Boxford, MA.
        C’mon RB, you know he is AND who their old man is.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          C’mon RB, you know he is AND who their old man is.
          I know who Jack's father is. I did not know that he had a brother. J checked both Mark's Elite Prospects page and Jack's page on the Union site and found no mention of the relationship.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-19-2018, 01:29 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Former Providence defenseman Mark Adams dies suddenly at 27
            http://www.themackreport.com/hockey-...uddenly-at-27/

Boxford’s Adams helps Providence College win first NCAA men’s hockey title
            http://boxford.wickedlocal.com/artic...ORTS/150418446

His younger brother Jack has won championships with MC in the past under current coach John McLean. Jack will start his college hockey career in two years at Princeton University.

“I’m pretty proud of Jack. He’s been working hard for a couple years, but I always knew he’d be an elite player,” added Adams. “I wanted him to be a Friar, but I’m happy for him.”

From UNION hockey roster site for Jack Adams: Juniors: Competed for the Fargo Force in 2016-17, producing 37 goals and 23 assists ... led the USHL in goals and finished tied for fifth in scoring (60 points) ... named to the 2016 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game ... 2017 All-USHL Second Team. ... played three years of varsity hockey at Malden Catholic, registering 17 goals and 11 assists.

Very sad that Jack's brother died. Boxford is an affluent rural small town, very pretty, 25 miles north by northwest of Boston. The type of town where everyone knows everyone. This has got to hurt.
            Last edited by Dutchman; 09-20-2018, 05:55 AM.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Adams joins a long line of Boxford natives who have been drafted and/or played in the NHL. His brother Mark Adams was drafted in 2009 by the Buffalo Sabres. After playing five years with the Providence College Friars, Mark retired from hockey after the Friars won the 2015 NCAA National Championship..... http://boxford.wickedlocal.com/sport...roit-red-wings
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Comment

Hello everyone! It might be a little early for it, but I'm pumped, so I've kicked off this year's ECAC Pick the Standings contest! If you are somehow new here, it's a super simple game where you just predict the standings and whoever is closest wins like $1000 gets to brag about it in their signature forever. Join in!
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I was at the women's exhibition game yesterday. The new scoreboard is not up yet - I thought it might be, so they could give it a run during a game prior to the men's opener. The old scoreboard is gone - nothing was hanging from the center of the roof. A couple extra scoreboards were brought in and put in the corners of the rink. Only one was used.

It looks like they're still working on widening some aisles - some rows now start with what used to be the second seat. Handrails are now up.
                    Last edited by ecachawkeyfan; 09-23-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
                      I was at the women's exhibition game yesterday. The new scoreboard is not up yet - I thought it might be, so they could give it a run during a game prior to the men's opener. The old scoreboard is gone - nothing was hanging from the center of the roof. A couple extra scoreboards were brought in and put in the corners of the rink. Only one was used.

It looks like they're still working on widening some aisles - some rows now start with what used to be the second seat. Handrails are now up.
                      Progress !!!!
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Senior Kupsky gets initial nod in net for Union
                        Goalie eventually will split time with sophomore Darion Hanson, but Kupsky scheduled to start when Dutchmen open on Oct. 6
                        https://dailygazette.com/article/201...-net-for-union

GLENVILLE -- Messa Rink isn't available this week while workers install the new center-ice video board, so the Union men's hockey team has been practicing at the Schenectady County Recreational Facility.

They stepped off the bus in full gear Wednesday afternoon, and since 6-foot-4 senior goalie Jake Kupsky had his mask perched on top of his head, he had to duck to get through the door.

And he'll be standing tall in front of the Union goal when the Dutchmen's 2018-19 season kicks off next Saturday at Messa against Army.
                        He won't be in net every night, with promising sophomore Darion Hanson breathing down his neck on the heels of a nice 10-4-0 freshman season. But the logical move for now will be to ask Kupsky, an all-ECAC Hockey third-teamer, to regain the momentum he built while going undefeated in the final seven games of the 2017-18 regular season before Union was swept by Princeton in the ECACH quarterfinals.

Here is hoping Kupsky keeps improving.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – The Union College Department of Athletics is very excited to announce a new broadcasting agreement with ESPN+ that will provide Union hockey fans a great way to watch the Dutchmen and Dutchwomen beginning in 2018-19.

MORE: https://unionathletics.com/news/2018...y-streams.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
                            SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – The Union College Department of Athletics is very excited to announce a new broadcasting agreement with ESPN+ that will provide Union hockey fans a great way to watch the Dutchmen and Dutchwomen beginning in 2018-19.

MORE: https://unionathletics.com/news/2018...y-streams.aspx
                            RPI is still free on YouTube
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              RPI is still free on YouTube
                              Can't beat RPI TV but this is a better deal for Union fans than what they were getting earlier.

Comment

For those who have subscribed to the old video system, you can still get the game archives from last year at http://www.unionathletics.tv/archives.html, if you have an account. It was nice to have access to the archives in case you missed a game. RPI archives games as well. I am not sure if ESPN will archive games.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X