No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I made double chocolate crunchy peanut butter mini muffins for dessert for a monthly small group dinner my church does. They went over quite well, and they freeze well too.

Glad they're in the freezer now... I ate like 10 of them between Sunday evening and Monday morning.
    Speaking of not eating it all, I didn't end up wandering the village, but I did successfully give away most of my cake.

Comment

Air fryers. Thinking about getting one. Get one now? Don't even think about it? Looking for advice and/or opinions based on your experience.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• The Spironolactone (testosterone blockers) really has me craving salt. For healthy-ish ways to get it, all I can think of are pickles, roasted, salted almonds/pecans/cashews, or Nuun electrolyte tabs.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The Spironolactone (testosterone blockers) really has me craving salt. For healthy-ish ways to get it, all I can think of are pickles, roasted, salted almonds/pecans/cashews, or Nuun electrolyte tabs.
          Sauerkraut/kimchi? I guess that's just another form of pickle.

Comment

The Spironolactone (testosterone blockers) really has me craving salt. For healthy-ish ways to get it, all I can think of are pickles, roasted, salted almonds/pecans/cashews, or Nuun electrolyte tabs.
            Seafood and ocean fish.

Lot’s wife might have some ideas...
            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Sauerkraut/kimchi? I guess that's just another form of pickle.
              An older trans friend spoke up and said pickled everything would work just fine.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

On deck for today:

Chocolate cookies with M&M bits
                Double chocolate crunchy peanut butter mini muffins
                Crunchy peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips

Grace Episcopal will be happy tomorrow.

Comment

Cravings:

Shrimp tacos (El Rancho makes excellent shrimp tacos. On The Border? Not so much.)
                  Beef tongue with mustard sauce (You say gross. I say delicious.)
                  Coffee ice cream (I have Ben & Jerry's)
                  Butternut squash sauteed with brown sugar and cranberries (I'm good at this)
                  Puttanesca sauce (I'm good at this)
                  Nice and smooth and velvety bowl of mashed potatoes (simple in theory, hard to execute)
                  Margherita pizza with prosciutto (Midici Pizza makes this)

I'm going to blame the hormones.

Comment

I’ve made this several times before, but I still think it’s one of Alton’s best recipes.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/grilled-pork-tenderloin-recipe-1917672

Tonight we tripled the chipotles and baked it covered since we didn’t have time or motivation to fire up the grill.

It’s just so farking good.
                    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-02-2019, 09:19 PM.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Trader Joe's frozen fish is shockingly good. Tuna, coho salmon, swordfish, etc, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's cheap. Probably among the most expensive items in the store, actually (short of the meat case). I think the coho is $11.99/lb and the tuna and sword are 10 or 11-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I’ve made this several times before, but I still think it’s one of Alton’s best recipes.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1917672

Tonight we tripled the chipotles and baked it covered since we didn’t have time or motivation to fire up the grill.

It’s just so farking good.
                        Was looking at this recipe yesterday. We use Alton's skirt steak recipe a few times a month (and not just on steak). When we make it, we throw in a bunch of cilantro, so this seems very similar. Our slaughterhouse just had a bunch of fresh tenderloins so I bought 3. Made one with my favorite BBQ rub. Will be doing this with the second.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Trader Joe's frozen fish is shockingly good. Tuna, coho salmon, swordfish, etc, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's cheap. Probably among the most expensive items in the store, actually (short of the meat case). I think the coho is $11.99/lb and the tuna and sword are 10 or 11-ish.
                          Good tip. I will try this.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Having the family over for an early Father’s Day.

Smoked pork butt (first overnight smoke)
                            Ribs
                            My Dad’s world-famous beans
                            Smokey bacon potato salad
                            Scratch cornbread

I currently have half a stove of bacon cooking. My Facebook friends can see it’s literally half my stovetop. 😉
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Made these for a party today. Used raspberry jelly. Very good. Would use more jelly though.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/sa...jelly-blondies
                              Code:

Comment

So true. Chatty food bloggers are the worst.

Comment

Working...
                                X