No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I'm going to have to make this to be sure, but honestly, I don't think the chocolate is required. Seems to me like that would just interfere with the other two flavors.

I'm wondering if using the oily "natural" PB from Trader Joe's would affect the recipe. I usually pour off about half the oil when I first open the jar, so...

Anyway, I have more "Ora" salmon as of tonight. If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go celebrate my bonus and raise after a long week of travel.
    I use the $2.39 for a jar Meijer brand. I am always concerned about oil separation.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Throw away all of your romaine lettuce
      Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Holy moly. That's a pretty broad warning by the CDC...
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

First spinach. Then bean sprouts. Now lettuce.

What's next?

Comment

My favorite thing I saw on Facebook today was:

CDC says to throwaway lettuce and we all throw it out. They say get your vaccines and all of a sudden the Illuminati are involved.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin bread is in the oven, soon to be followed by Chocolate Chip Pecan cookies.

Based on the batters on both, I got what I wanted. Now to give them away before I get high on my own supply...
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Question: How do you prefer your T-day stuffing/dressing?

I'm a girl who loves all the carbs! My cousin put fruit in his dressing this year. Stuffing should be savory, not sweet. It made me a very sad panda. I didn't like the cherry or cranberry or whatever it was in there. If someone wants to sweeten their stuffing, they can do it on their own plate by taking a spoonful of cranberry relish or fruit/jello salad.

Personally, I love a simple celery, onion, bread, seasonings stuffing. My sister-in-law also makes one with sausage which is really good.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Dressing is like beer. Just say no to fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Question: How do you prefer your T-day stuffing/dressing?

I'm a girl who loves all the carbs! My cousin put fruit in his dressing this year. Stuffing should be savory, not sweet. It made me a very sad panda. I didn't like the cherry or cranberry or whatever it was in there. If someone wants to sweeten their stuffing, they can do it on their own plate by taking a spoonful of cranberry relish or fruit/jello salad.

Personally, I love a simple celery, onion, bread, seasonings stuffing. My sister-in-law also makes one with sausage which is really good.
                    Guilty. I like celery, onion, apple, dried cherries. I am the only one who eats it. I make regular for the rest of the heathens. Meat of any sort in stuffing is just plain wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Guilty. I like celery, onion, apple, dried cherries. I am the only one who eats it. I make regular for the rest of the heathens. Meat of any sort in stuffing is just plain wrong.
                      My mom would put the giblets in her stuffing. My grandpa and great uncle fought over who got them, so she just put it in the mix.
                      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                        My mom would put the giblets in her stuffing. My grandpa and great uncle fought over who got them, so she just put it in the mix.
                        They used to be in our gravy. I don't put them in and I don't miss it one bit. Yuck.

Comment

For gravy, you mainly just need the neck. I wouldn't use any of the other parts in a gravy you plan on serving to guests, especially the gizzard.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            This is what we have - with sausage.

Comment

The one lonely perk of cooking for my dad and I:

I can do what I want and no one complains. Next time, my stuffing will have apples or dried cranberries.

Comment

2018 cookies -

New -
                                Pecan currant rugelach - BEST RUGELACH EVER
                                Rum punch sandwich - sugar slice and bake cookies with a chocolate-raspberry-rum filling
                                Buttered rum shortbread - from the Sister Pie cookbook - sorry, no link. Buy the cookbook.
                                Pistachio cream cheese
                                Cherry Rum Ribbons
                                Eggnog Glazed Spritz
                                Orange Oatmeal Currant
                                GF Pinwheels - this recipe has disappeared - made them red and green instead of vanilla and chocolate

Repeats -
                                Ginger Jump Ups - recipe from Zingerman's
                                Gingerbread Snickerdoodles
                                GF Red Velvet Crinkle
                                Peanut Butter Maple
                                Hot Cocoa Cookies - also a version with peppermint extract and peppermint chunks
                                Cornflake wreaths
                                Peppermint Shortbread
                                Grasshoppers
                                Zimsterne
                                Christmas Confetti Biscotti
                                GF Maple Pecan Shortbread
                                Chocolate Cherry Pistachio pinwheels
                                Dark Chocolate Buttercrunch
                                Peppermint Bark
                                GF Choc Cherry Oatmeal

Also had some stuff to use up, so added these -

Smores and Cookies Cream - from the packages of cookies and cream chips, and S'mores baking bits
                                Apricot White Chocolate Oatmeal
                                Maple Pecan Snickerdoodle - from the package of maple chips
                                Berry Bark - basically all the leftover dried fruit and nuts - cherries, apricots, blueberries, pistachios, pecans - with white chocolate

I'm not quite done yet. The rugelach is seriously incredible. I've made rugelach before, and it doesn't even compare to this recipe. I was going to use the chocolate-raspberry-rum filling in the rugelach, but it's not usually baked, and I was afraid it would melt everywhere (and I had leftover currants anyway). Then I had to come up with a sandwich cookie that wasn't a cutout.

Also, my cookie press broke when I was making the spritz cookies, and it was a huge pain in the ***. Someone please make a cookie press that does NOT have breakable plastic parts.
                                Last edited by jen; 11-29-2018, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X