No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Why would not eating gluten be bad for you?
    I googled earlier looking for the medical article I saw and couldn't find it. Can't remember the Journal it was in. Sci American and Nutrition website did have something but not what I was looking for. They end up with nutritional deficiences. Increased risk for heart stuff. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Comment

There was a report on the news this weekend that grain-free pet foods might be causing issues with our dogs as well.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        There was a report on the news this weekend that grain-free pet foods might be causing issues with our dogs as well.
        its not grain free per se, its the filler dog food companies are using to take grains place. Not much research so far. Golden Retrievers seem to be adversely effected by peas, pea starch, potatoes etc. I have a golden. Low Levels of taurine seem to indicate if the dog will have an issue

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          I googled earlier looking for the medical article I saw and couldn't find it. Can't remember the Journal it was in. Sci American and Nutrition website did have something but not what I was looking for. They end up with nutritional deficiences. Increased risk for heart stuff. Sorry I can't be more specific.
          I haven't had gluten in 7 years. Be interested in what they found

Comment

I haven't had gluten in 7 years. Be interested in what they found

If the person has an issue with gluten it doesn't seem to change risk- You were never able to benefit from the gluten if your bowel was inflamed.
            https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5866307/
            https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom...eliac-disease/

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              If the person has an issue with gluten it doesn't seem to change risk- You were never able to benefit from the gluten if your bowel was inflamed.
              https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5866307/
              https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom...eliac-disease/
              1st article goes into some depth. I don't eat gluten free prepared food. I'm sure it costs more to eat the way do. Also has a social component. But I'd rather eat the way I do than be on a biologic.

Comment

1st article goes into some depth. I don't eat gluten free prepared food. I'm sure it costs more to eat the way do. Also has a social component. But I'd rather eat the way I do than be on a biologic.
                All of this. I am figuring out that my psoriasis is definitely worse with certain foods. Went to a continuing ed thingy about psoriasis and asked the person about foods that affect- oh,.... nothing. NO, NO, NO! Red meat, oatmeal, some grain based cereals and processed meats. Not so much breads or spaghetti stuff. Nutella for sure. Hazelnuts, almonds.... It took me awhile to figure out some things and still not completely worked out.

And apples. poop. I love apple stuff. Used to be able to eat them cooked. Now not at all without a flare

Comment

In great news, pure vanilla is now back to a modest price.

Then again, I can make my own by submerging vanilla beans in vodka and letting it sit, or something like that.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I don't think it is or it isn't and I don't know why anyone would choose to eliminate it.
                    Because it is a way for some people to feel more special than they actually are.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Banana Crunchy Peanut Butter Bread... based on the batter, I FINALLY got what I wanted. I was able to taste the bananas AND the peanut butter. Now to quickly give it away to other people.
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        Banana Crunchy Peanut Butter Bread... based on the batter, I FINALLY got what I wanted. I was able to taste the bananas AND the peanut butter. Now to quickly give it away to other people.
                        Recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Recipe?
                          Banana Crunchy Peanut Butter Bread:

3 ripe bananas, well mashed
                          2 eggs, well beaten
                          2 cups AP flour
                          3/4 cup sugar
                          1 cup crunchy peanut butter
                          1 cup milk
                          1 tsp salt
                          1 tsp baking soda

Oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan. Mix the bananas and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Put batter in pan and bake for 1 hour or until fork/toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan to a rack. Can be served warm or cooled.

Comment

Add in some dark chocolate chips and you might have orgasm bread.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Uh yeah. Dark chocolate chips may require adding a cigarette after eating. And I don’t even smoke.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm going to have to make this to be sure, but honestly, I don't think the chocolate is required. Seems to me like that would just interfere with the other two flavors.

I'm wondering if using the oily "natural" PB from Trader Joe's would affect the recipe. I usually pour off about half the oil when I first open the jar, so...

Anyway, I have more "Ora" salmon as of tonight. If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go celebrate my bonus and raise after a long week of travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X