No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Just made maple pecan dough. Baking tomorrow. SUb in Maple sugar for white sugar in recipe. the dough is YUMMY!

Comment

I decided to make an old-fashioned lasagna tonight.

And with my baked goods, instead of bringing them home after parties... I started asking the mortal hosting the party if they want any for themselves before I bring any leftovers home.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I'm an Aldi convert.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          I'm an Aldi convert.
          When it comes to that store, you have to know how to cook meat properly in order to hide the quality of the cuts. I've shopped there a number of times since they've come into this market, and it's become clear that a person needs to be careful when shopping there should that person not be a good cook.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            When it comes to that store, you have to know how to cook meat properly in order to hide the quality of the cuts. I've shopped there a number of times since they've come into this market, and it's become clear that a person needs to be careful when shopping there should that person not be a good cook.
            Thank you for this information. I could always go back to Meijer for meat selection. And there are several local meat shops around here.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Thank you for this information. I could always go back to Meijer for meat selection. And there are several local meat shops around here.
              IMO, >90% of their generic stuff is perfectly fine, I just haven't had good experiences with their chicken breasts or steaks.

ETA: I'm also not a very good cook. I can cook to survive, but will never receive rave reviews on my stove top creations.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Sounds like ALL the braising is in order.

I haven't been yet. My parents bought some bargain Swiss emmentaler there for Christmas, and it was quite decent.

Comment

My fiancée bought me The Food Lab for Valentines. This is a tome I could pray to daily.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Next Season is scheduled for March 17th!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Next Season is scheduled for March 17th!
                      Of Top Chef? Isn't that March 19th?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Of Top Chef? Isn't that March 19th?
                        Could be it was changed from the first release I saw.

Comment

This has been surprisingly good. I used TJ's brown basmati rice. I did adjust the salt upward and used a bit of extra chili flake, and I would probably cut the rice down to 3/4 cup next time. I also wouldn't bother with the yogurt topping, but I like the peppery kick this has.

Comment

I know I'm a year late on this trend, but I got an Instant Pot this week. Since it is snowing tonight, I figured I'd inaugurate it by giving pressure-cooked pot roast a whirl. After 90 minutes, I swear it has better texture and flavor than some pot roasts I've braised all-day in the crockpot.

Comment

Is French Roast a meal?

I'm asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I know I'm a year late on this trend, but I got an Instant Pot this week. Since it is snowing tonight, I figured I'd inaugurate it by giving pressure-cooked pot roast a whirl. After 90 minutes, I swear it has better texture and flavor than some pot roasts I've braised all-day in the crockpot.
                                They're pretty great for being able to do 1 pot/faster meals. I've stuck to mostly simple things (shrimp/seafood boils, mac and cheese, I've had hit/miss with spaghetti...) but there are some people who swear by doing ribs, cheesecakes, and some other more sophisticated meals.

Comment

Working...
                                X