No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Was it my crunchy peanut butter banana bread with dark chocolate chips? GOOD WORK!
    Crunchy PB, yes. But we used semi-sweet chips.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Crunchy PB, yes. But we used semi-sweet chips.
      Did you like it?
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Did you like it?
        Yes, we did. We plan to make it again sometime.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Yes, we did. We plan to make it again sometime.
          Good. Feel free to try any of my other recipes.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Is there a way to quick ripen bananas? Because the bananas I saw at Aldi today were really green.

Comment

Put them in a paper bag.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Paper bag, sunny windowsill. Takes 1-2 days. Works for overly green avocados as well.

Comment

Made a pot of gumbo yesterday with 1 part andouille, 1/2 part each of chicken and shrimp. I though the recipe ended up being a bit too soupy so grabbed a little bit more long grain rice (not enough to make it into jambalaya but just a bit thicker) and more spice (bay leaf, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, black pepper, white pepper and cayenne pepper, salt and parika, bacon fat and flour) and it turned out great.

Right now I'm smoking a briskett, and around 5 will add some chicken quarters, then a bit after that duck breast. Will share with one set of neighbors tonight, dining outside by the pool and moonlight. Sadly we're not quite at a full moon yet. Toss in some wine and whisky to take it all home.

Patti bought ingredients to make enchiladas carnitas and Spanish rice which we'll do on Tuesday. Can't wait.

Comment

Is there a way to quick ripen bananas? Because the bananas I saw at Aldi today were really green.
                    Google putting them in a oven and heating them up. Place in bag with an apple also works
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I know the post is political, but the first thing I thought of was, “That’s an interesting way to cut a pizza. I wonder if beyond just squares and triangles if there’s a better way.”
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That looks like someone from New York got into a fight over how to cut it with someone from St. Louis.

Comment

In the wake of going without alcohol for awhile, I've been drinking more craft sodas lately. I've had a really good ginger beer and a way better ginger ale. This stuff is so much better than Coke and Pepsi.

I also am spending more money on coffee. I've been buying Death Wish for the morning and an amazing decaf from Madcap for the afternoon. On decaf, the processing matters. Most store decafs are hot garbage. This one is really good. YES, Miss Thundercat relented on decaf and she found one she likes.

I also bought some Nutella. Nutella swirl something? Nutella bread with dark chocolate chips? I'm also bringing back the crunchy PB banana bread with dark chocolate chips, or as dx or St. Clown called it... "orgasm bread."

Comment

On decaf, the processing matters.
                            Swiss water process or bust.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Swiss water process or bust.
                              Methylene chloride or GTFO
                              Code:

Comment

In the wake of going without alcohol for awhile, I've been drinking more craft sodas lately. I've had a really good ginger beer and a way better ginger ale. This stuff is so much better than Coke and Pepsi.

I also am spending more money on coffee. I've been buying Death Wish for the morning and an amazing decaf from Madcap for the afternoon. On decaf, the processing matters. Most store decafs are hot garbage. This one is really good. YES, Miss Thundercat relented on decaf and she found one she likes.

I also bought some Nutella. Nutella swirl something? Nutella bread with dark chocolate chips? I'm also bringing back the crunchy PB banana bread with dark chocolate chips, or as dx or St. Clown called it... "orgasm bread."
                                St. Clown I think lol

Mrs. 316 and I have been tinkering with a banana bread recipe from her mom. We've ended up cutting the sugar by 75%. They're fantastic.
                                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-14-2020, 03:55 PM.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X