X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Is French Roast a meal?

I'm asking for a friend.
    And this just popped a thought into my head: per a French woman with whom my wife works, Salut Bar Americain on Grand Ave in St. Paul is the most authentic place to get a real French meal in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area that’s like what an average family in most of northern France would eat. I’ve eaten there once and enjoyed it. I had the roasted chicken.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I know I'm a year late on this trend, but I got an Instant Pot this week. Since it is snowing tonight, I figured I'd inaugurate it by giving pressure-cooked pot roast a whirl. After 90 minutes, I swear it has better texture and flavor than some pot roasts I've braised all-day in the crockpot.
      They’re pretty handy. I just replaced mine after 7 years

Comment

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

For dinner we had cod with a lemon & pepper sauce, couscous with tomato, Thai broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, with a side of Indian red lentil dal and it was freaking outstanding. Dal not pictured.

Comment

I was supposed to run coffee hour at my church today. On deck today was molasses spice mini muffins, double chocolate crunchy peanut butter bread, peanut butter chocolate chip bread, sugar cookies with unicorn chips, and something else. I've been told people LOVE my coffee hour.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            I was supposed to run coffee hour at my church today. On deck today was molasses spice mini muffins, double chocolate crunchy peanut butter bread, peanut butter chocolate chip bread, sugar cookies with unicorn chips, and something else. I've been told people LOVE my coffee hour.
            Jesus Christ yes! This is basically a Flyover Orgasm. Please send to the coasts.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So my husband bought ground lamb, he thought it was ground beef. Any recipe suggestions for someone that doesn't like the taste of lamb?

I'm wondering if tacos would have enough flavor to cover it up, the way that ground Turkey is ok in tacos
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                So my husband bought ground lamb, he thought it was ground beef. Any recipe suggestions for someone that doesn't like the taste of lamb?

I'm wondering if tacos would have enough flavor to cover it up, the way that ground Turkey is ok in tacos
                YUMMMMMM!!! Cottage pie with the right spices- garlic, rosemary, lemon, thyme, S&P

Comment

It's going to be super-greasy, so expect to drain a lot of excess fat. And yeah, I would go the taco or burrito route, with lots of seasoning and toppings. I like shepherd's pie and lamb burgers w/ tzatiki sauce, but you really need to enjoy the taste of lamb for those (unless you bury the meat in a sea of mashed potatoes).

Comment

Made ham and navy bean soup in my Instant Pot last Friday. The stores are devoid of ham on-the-bone (seems everyone decided to horde for Easter before I got home from Canada), so I had to make due with some smoked pork knuckles I found at the local gourmet store. Worked really well for adding smoke flavor and body to the soup, but they were a little lacking in meat.

Comment

Second shepherd's pie.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Jesus Christ yes! This is basically a Flyover Orgasm. Please send to the coasts.
                        Kep, if it were possible to eat nothing but my baked goods and remain 100% healthy, I would. Let's face it: double chocolate crunchy peanut butter bread is far superior to kale
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

What is up with the lack of availability for yeast? Are that many people baking? Did someone discover it's a disinfectant?
                          Last edited by jen; 03-30-2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                            What is up with the lack of availability for yeast? Are that many people baking? Did someone discover it's a disinfectant?
                            It’s as dumbfounding as the toilet paper shortage

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                              Yes, that many people are baking now. It's one of those things that people like to do to pass the time. My wife and I made Amber's banana bread recipe, finally, and yesterday my wife was baking some simple cookies. We don't often bake, normally.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Yes, that many people are baking now. It's one of those things that people like to do to pass the time. My wife and I made Amber's banana bread recipe, finally, and yesterday my wife was baking some simple cookies. We don't often bake, normally.
                                Was it my crunchy peanut butter banana bread with dark chocolate chips? GOOD WORK!

Comment

Working...
                                X