X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    What??

Mr les got an email (work email) from Fandango confirming purchase of tix to see a movie at a local place purchased with Visa Card that is not ours. He is not the slightest bit concerned. After reading various things here and elsewhere, I am. First he thinks I am crazy. Then decides, oh, maybe he should see if someone opened a card in his name. So much gear grinding!!!
    -Visa has no way of telling you whether you have this card, no way to even tell you when your last Visa was issued. They put you on hold forever before disavowing all knowledge of anything helpful.
    -None of the Credit checking co has a live person. Hold >20 min then an automated telephone tree to verbally give info. Chat is BS- automated, clearly not a human. Punts you to a website. Websites punt you to a collective website-
    -They don't tell you if you file an alert it freezes your ability to get info they tell you is available online for 90 days
    -Fandango deserves the 1 star rating they have on every website- Someone used fraudulent card/ your email? Surely a typing error. THey can't do anything. Maybe they'll look into it in the next few days and maybe get back to us by next week if they decide it is important.
    -the Univ has no IT help available after normal business day (what the hell kind of U does this- kids do not function until after dark!)
    -Told to file police report but police aren't sure why- we don't have the info we need to do that (because, you know we have to do all the other stuff that no one has an avenue to let us do.

Christmas on a cracker.
    http://correcthorsebatterystaple.net/
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I have never heard of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I have never heard of that.
        It's from a long running web comic:
        https://xkcd.com/936/

Dx, I've had websites reject my created password of "CorrectHorseBatteryStaple" as being "too common." Other words in a sequence like that were allowed though.

I've also known people who use the DMV to provide very good random letter/number combinations, especially ones that need renewing yearly.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          It's from a long running web comic:
          Dx, I've had websites reject my created password of "CorrectHorseBatteryStaple" as being "too common." Other words in a sequence like that were allowed though.
          lol. That's unreal. I'd be a little scared that the websites doing that don't understand security basics.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My car won’t treat me like an adult.

Picked up a couple of 2 x 6 x 12s. Of course the tailgate won’t close. So I bungeed the tailgate, tied a flag on the 2 x 6s and proceeded home with the windows open. I listened to a warning beep all the way home. I know I shouldn’t drive with the tailgate open, but I had no choice. Please warn me, then SHUT UP.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post

Picked up a couple of 2 x 6 x 12s. Of course the tailgate won’t close. So I bungeed the tailgate, tied a flag on the 2 x 6s and proceeded home with the windows open. I listened to a warning beep all the way home. I know I shouldn’t drive with the tailgate open, but I had no choice. Please warn me, then SHUT UP.
              Huh, have never had that problem.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post

It's become a more common thing. When something that interferes with safety systems isn't quite right, and it can be "corrected" by the driver or a passenger, then the beeps don't stop coming if the vehicle is going more than 5MPH. My passenger seatbelt warning is like that. It drives my wife crazy if she set her purse on the passenger seat, or her cell phone is being charged and creating enough of an EMF to make the sensor think sufficient weight is on the seat to be a person.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I doubt emf is a big issue from a charging cell phone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    I doubt emf is a big issue from a charging cell phone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    I can have my cell phone on the seat while not being charged, and there's no issue. If it's being charged, and the indicator says it's still less than ~98%, there not issue. If the charge approaches 100%, then my seatbelt indicator will sound. It's not that it happens a fraction of the time, it's happening each and every time. The EMF from a fully charged battery that's still plugged into the charger is the only thing I can think of that would create a large enough electrical signal to engage the sensor on the bottom of the seat.

Any better ideas out there? I'm all ears (or eyes, as the case may be).
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      It's become a more common thing. When something that interferes with safety systems isn't quite right, and it can be "corrected" by the driver or a passenger, then the beeps don't stop coming if the vehicle is going more than 5MPH. My passenger seatbelt warning is like that. It drives my wife crazy if she set her purse on the passenger seat, or her cell phone is being charged and creating enough of an EMF to make the sensor think sufficient weight is on the seat to be a person.
                      This makes me bananas. I put my purse on my seat when I am out and about and my workbag on my seat on my way to work and both of them will set off the seatbelt sensor if they're not positioned correctly on the seat. It shouldn't be as irritating as it is, but it makes me crazy. Surprisingly, it happens less often in my new car (2018 Honda) than it did in my old car (2008 Mini).

Comment

Being told to smile by strangers (and they are always men) grinds my gears. Unless they would say the same thing to a male (and most NEVER would).

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                          Being told to smile by strangers (and they are always men) grinds my gears. Unless they would say the same thing to a male (and most NEVER would).
                          That reminds me (NSFW).

Comment

Ask with a blank look, "Why would you ask me that question?" and then say nothing else, just look curious and wait for them to say something. Don't say anything else. THey will only do it once

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Ask with a blank look, "Why would you ask me that question?" and then say nothing else, just look curious and wait for them to say something. Don't say anything else. THey will only do it once
                              Someone actually said this to me once while we were sitting on the bench PLAYING HOCKEY. I am not kidding. In the middle of a ****ing hockey game where not one person is smiling... he chose to give ME a hard time. And then he had no idea why it ****ed me off.

Comment

Someone actually said this to me once while we were sitting on the bench PLAYING HOCKEY. I am not kidding. In the middle of a ****ing hockey game where not one person is smiling... he chose to give ME a hard time. And then he had no idea why it ****ed me off.
                                Stick between the legs 'by accident' as you hop over the boards?

Comment

Working...
                                X