Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

It seems silly but they are probably correct. Our generation is going deaf or having hearing impairment in huge numbers. THing is they will negate all that by popping earbuds in the ears and blasting tem when they are teens

Comment

I have minor tinnitus from all the concerts at small venues. I used to laugh at the ear-plug people. I don't anymore. I get a high-pitched sound in my ears at times, and that has led to trouble understanding people in a place that has a lot of white noise/background noise.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I wear them (big oversized ear muffs) when I use the electric saws in the basement (miter saw and table saw). Otherwise, not really. I'll be debuting a new set at the Janelle Monae and Foo Fighters in 2 weeks. I got low-profile ones rather than the giant muffs. Never worn them at shows before, but when I get anxiety issues, and occasionally at night, I get ringing in my ears.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          I wear them (big oversized ear muffs) when I use the electric saws in the basement (miter saw and table saw). Otherwise, not really. I'll be debuting a new set at the Janelle Monae and Foo Fighters in 2 weeks. I got low-profile ones rather than the giant muffs. Never worn them at shows before, but when I get anxiety issues, and occasionally at night, I get ringing in my ears.
          I've only seen the industrial in-the-ear ones at events. Stuff we sell. I distinctly remember getting out of shows at First Ave and being discombobulated as to direction and orientation, given the types of bands I went to go see. Took me about 10 minutes or so to get my bearings.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Buy 3M
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Buy 3M
              Hubs bought them. We got these

Comment

🤨
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  🤨
                  All I see is a box.

Comment

I would love to wear ear plugs at work to drown out a certain department, but work won't let me...something about "communication is important" or something...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

All I see is a box.
                      :-/
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        I would love to wear ear plugs at work to drown out a certain department, but work won't let me...something about "communication is important" or something...
                        Communication is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          I can't at work. OSHA rules. Need to hear everything going on around me.

Comment

All I see is a box.
                            DX thinks the emoticons on his phone keyboard carry over to the computer / other devices.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

They actually do carryover to many devices.
                              Code:

Comment

This. Protect your hearing, you won't like the consquences if not. I know first hand after years of mowing, cutting wood, heavy equipment, loud music and spending many miles of driving with window down. 65% of hearing in left ear.
                                Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                It seems silly but they are probably correct. Our generation is going deaf or having hearing impairment in huge numbers. THing is they will negate all that by popping earbuds in the ears and blasting tem when they are teens
                                Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X