Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

The security apparatus they have at Ohio State hockey games is absurd. I had a small iPhone cable that set off the metal detectors here that hasn’t set off metal detectors in airports. They spend a minute or two rifling through every woman’s purse instead of the normal peer in. They have bomb sniffing dogs walking through the crowd.

It’s truly insane.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My job is cleaning tanks full of meat for storage and processing, and clean exists in a binary. A coworker has been rushing through his work, not getting these tanks 100% clean, and putting them out for other departments to take. We've called him out on it, trying to be as nice as possible, but he doesn't want to listen.

If those tanks aren't 100% clean, we run the risk of contamination.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        My job is cleaning tanks full of meat for storage and processing, and clean exists in a binary. A coworker has been rushing through his work, not getting these tanks 100% clean, and putting them out for other departments to take. We've called him out on it, trying to be as nice as possible, but he doesn't want to listen.

If those tanks aren't 100% clean, we run the risk of contamination.
        and why isn’t that fvcker fired?!?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          and why isn’t that fvcker fired?!?
          I have no clue. But a bunch of us would like to punch him in the throat.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

You can add people who watch their iPads with the sound on full blast for the entire plane to hear. Without headphones.

**** those people.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              You can add people who watch their iPads with the sound on full blast for the entire plane to hear. Without headphones.

**** those people.
              Seriously. Same with people who have to play their music out loud at the gym.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Bought a hat on clearance from Lids. Decide to get in-store pick up because it's right by work and saves a few bucks. Get the notification that it shipped from the warehouse and that I'll get an email or phone call from the store when it's in. Well, after a couple weeks, still no call and their tracker still says it's "in process" rather than in transit or at the store, so I decide to chat with customer service. CS tells me that their internal order tracking says it was delivered to the store and signed off on a couple weeks ago, a few days after I got the original "package sent" email. Figure an employee just forgot to notify me, no biggie.

So I go in today to get it. Girl goes into the back and comes out with nothing. She starts searching through random boxes, calls her manager, and while customer service was correct that their system shows it was delivered and signed for, the store itself has no record of my order coming in. Supposedly I'll get a call whether they find it or not, but since it looks like that hat is no longer in their inventory, I'm not sure how their promise of reordering it is going to work.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Bought a hat on clearance from Lids. Decide to get in-store pick up because it's right by work and saves a few bucks. Get the notification that it shipped from the warehouse and that I'll get an email or phone call from the store when it's in. Well, after a couple weeks, still no call and their tracker still says it's "in process" rather than in transit or at the store, so I decide to chat with customer service. CS tells me that their internal order tracking says it was delivered to the store and signed off on a couple weeks ago, a few days after I got the original "package sent" email. Figure an employee just forgot to notify me, no biggie.

So I go in today to get it. Girl goes into the back and comes out with nothing. She starts searching through random boxes, calls her manager, and while customer service was correct that their system shows it was delivered and signed for, the store itself has no record of my order coming in. Supposedly I'll get a call whether they find it or not, but since it looks like that hat is no longer in their inventory, I'm not sure how their promise of reordering it is going to work.
                  I've run into that at Old Chicago with their shirts/prizes when completing a mini-tour beer challenge. 3rd party says it's delivered, tracking says it's delivered, but it's not at the store. Someone in the process is either advancing a step, or skipping a step. It's gotten better, this is still the first year OC has been doing this 3rd party process, but still a hassle.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Banks, on line stuff grind my gears.

Way back in Sept they double charged my acct for one check- keyed in deducting >1200$ from acct that should have been there. Created a cascade of UUTF . Things were crazy and I didn't balance the ck bk for a couple of months.
                    Nov- 2 cks bounce in quick succession when I think I have more than enough dough to deal with them. Look at my balance and $$ are missing. Balance ck bk, find error which they credit me for. Also tx $ to pay off the Reserve credit loan. Everything is square.

NO IT ISN"T My next statement shows interest due accruing in my Reserve credit acct. Meanwhile they denied a charge for a 50$ payment to a credit card co. That co doesn't ck with me, shuts off my credit, sends me to collections all without even contacting me. Straighten that all out. Hubster calls bank about the interest and they "waive the fee".

Next bank statement there is a charge out of my cking acct for the fee. AAAAAAAAAARGH!!! Called just now. They will credit acct but they do not have the wherewithall to monitor these things so they have no trail of what happened. This is why they recommend balancing ck bk every month. I ask why I should be trusting them with my money- poor girl (she sounded young) had nothing.

We have been with this bank for 30+yrs. Small, local bank. Don't really want to move but JEEPERS!

Comment

Stop snowing on the weekends. Sunny and 50 all week long, then garbo just in time for the Friday rush hour, rinse and repeat.

I have pinball tournaments to go get pwn3d in, dangit.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I like to keep my office door open as much as possible, but gdammit there's a guy within earshot that loves to whistle and I just want to hammerpunch him every time. And I mean that literally. I can't think of anything more grating. Oh wait. He likes to drum his table with a ring on one of his hands. That might be the more irritating mannerism. Hold on now not so fast. He burps. A lot. If this guy is married his wife is a saint.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          I like to keep my office door open as much as possible, but gdammit there's a guy within earshot that loves to whistle and I just want to hammerpunch him every time. And I mean that literally. I can't think of anything more grating. Oh wait. He likes to drum his table with a ring on one of his hands. That might be the more irritating mannerism. Hold on now not so fast. He burps. A lot. If this guy is married his wife is a saint.
                          Wait, what? Such a person exists? Probably microwaves fish too.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Good lord. I want to hammerpunch him for you. No one should have to deal with that.

Comment

Luckily I avoid the pantry here but I would put money on it.

Comment

Nobody microwaves fish on an island nation.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X