Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    IT Depts that institute changes with directions that are non-functional GRIND MY GEARS!

The U I work for decided to go to 2 step authentication with less than a week warning. I can get my email on my laptop after they sent me a code but
    -none of the things it said I should click popped up.
    -it locked my phone out and none of the solutions they told me to try work.
    -call IT and the guy says I need to install another app on my phone because pushing it thru the way they did isn't right.
    -The IT guy for our dept set it up. I physically gave him my phone and this kid working the desk says he was wrong to do it that way.
    - the kid isn't really listening to what I am telling him. He doesn't want to problem solve, has no idea why it is failing and I am pretty sure he doesn't understand what is failing because he keeps saying stuff that isn't what I am telling him

I swear IT people complicate things and f them up so they can have a job fixing up the mess they make. I already had a password. It worked. just fine. If they think the 2 step is going to save them but it automatically defaults to letting me in without asking then pffft.
    (If this were the first time.... they make a cf every time they try to do anything. Not sure just how competent they are to be messing with things)
    Technology is SATAN and I don't have time for this.
    I'm an IT guy. I don't do things like above. Ever.

I work with a lot of IT guys that do do things that way. I apologize my profession is a ****ing cesspool but I assure you it is not my fault.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

My only objection to IT is the Culture of Surliness. It's a priesthood: cloak what you're doing in mysticism and be non-responsive to people.

I get why they do it; otherwise they would drown. Yet the IT department at my little work site is efficient and effective and yet several of the people are friendly, helpful, and... nice! Don't get me wrong, they're also borderline Asperbergers socially awkward, but that's what I expect -- that's how I know they're smart.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        My only objection to IT is the Culture of Surliness. It's a priesthood: cloak what you're doing in mysticism and be non-responsive to people.
        Yeah, I don't do that either. You want to know how something works I will do my best to explain it in a way that you can understand.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I get why they do it; otherwise they would drown. Yet the IT department at my little work site is efficient and effective and yet several of the people are friendly, helpful, and... nice! Don't get me wrong, they're also borderline Asperbergers socially awkward, but that's what I expect -- that's how I know they're smart.
          You don't understand the first thing about technology, old man.

A "priesthood". I'm dying.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Yeah, I don't do that either. You want to know how something works I will do my best to explain it in a way that you can understand.
            That makes you One of the Good Ones.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Bathroom signs that show mythical creatures and say "whatever, just wash your hands." How hard is it to show a toilet that says "all gender restroom?"

And I'm not sure if this is a gear grinder or not, but if the toilet is single occupancy with a toilet and a sink and a locking door, why does it need to be labeled "men's" or "women's?"
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Bathroom signs that show mythical creatures and say "whatever, just wash your hands." How hard is it to show a toilet that says "all gender restroom?"

And I'm not sure if this is a gear grinder or not, but if the toilet is single occupancy with a toilet and a sink and a locking door, why does it need to be labeled "men's" or "women's?"
                Probably a state law thing. Have to have (x) Men's and (y) Women's restrooms, single sex dedicated or something.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Some sort of city ordinance maybe...my last job in MN, the restrooms were both single occupancy like that. One labeled "Men's" and the other "Women". Most people used the one that corresponded with their gender, but would use the other if the first one was occupied. Zero difference between the two, IIRC.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I asked this on social media last night and the comments were basically "F the sign, I use whichever one is open."
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Some sort of city ordinance maybe...my last job in MN, the restrooms were both single occupancy like that. One labeled "Men's" and the other "Women". Most people used the one that corresponded with their gender, but would use the other if the first one was occupied. Zero difference between the two, IIRC.
                      At my building, we have one men's, one women's, and one "whatever" (it's just marked "RESTROOM"). We use whatever is open. Only two people at my building, minus the truck drivers and occasional counter worker from the main building.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

In some establishments the men's and women's rooms are not always right next to each other. Knowing that putting the "all are welcome" notice ensures you don't have to check. But even in a location where it's obvious there is only one it seems like a harmless distinction.

Comment

I was dragged to a norwex party today. They had a demo where they claimed their special silver infused microfiber cloths cleaned up raw chicken juices. They even tested it!!!

The lady literally licked the raw chicken covered cutting board. I hope she gets salmonella. This **** is so dangerous. Silver does not disinfect surfaces it’s rubbed on.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I'm an IT guy. I don't do things like above. Ever.

I work with a lot of IT guys that do do things that way. I apologize my profession is a ****ing cesspool but I assure you it is not my fault.
                            THe guy in our Dept is nice but I am not always sure he knows what he is doing. If you don't have apple then he googles it. If they would just give me the magic super codes then I would do it myself

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I was dragged to a norwex party today. They had a demo where they claimed their special silver infused microfiber cloths cleaned up raw chicken juices. They even tested it!!!

The lady literally licked the raw chicken covered cutting board. I hope she gets salmonella. This **** is so dangerous. Silver does not disinfect surfaces it’s rubbed on.
                            Darwin will out

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Isn’t that just supposed to help keep bacteria from growing in the towel?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                Isn’t that just supposed to help keep bacteria from growing in the towel?
                                They’re sold as cloths that can disinfect the surfaces wiped. The sale pitch is how copper and silver can kill germs when used as knobs in hospitals, so the quick swipe over a countertop can do the same.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X