Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Dear Self Important Jackwagons at the airport...you suck and your yip dogs suck. Eat a bag of dicks.

Signed,

Everyone Who Lives in a Society
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Submitted letter of resignation December 19 to Development Enhancement. Send follow up emails saying it was sent, remaining additions to my time card, and that my key was turned back in.

No confirmation on any of those, and today I get emails like I am still employed there.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Dear Self Important Jackwagons at the airport...you suck and your yip dogs suck. Eat a bag of dicks.

Signed,

Everyone Who Lives in a Society
        Best/worst time of the year to spot fake "#ESAOfTheDay"

Comment

Friday, I get a message from a center telling me they are "impressed with my resume" and would like to schedule a phone interview. I respond with my phone number and days and times that would work. So I get a message back saying "I'll call Monday after my appointment." Noon comes, no phone call. I respond with patience, thinking her appointment ran late. I get a message back asking if I'm available today at 10 AM, and I respond yes, I am. It's 10:30, and still no phone call.

For an agency that's impressed with my resume, they have an odd way of showing it. I guess this agency and I are done.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Another gear grinder:

I started with Developmental Enhancement on December 2 and left December 19 because it wasn't working out. It is now New Year's Eve, and I still haven't gotten paid for the hours I gave them. I have no idea who to complain to over there.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Another gear grinder:

I started with Developmental Enhancement on December 2 and left December 19 because it wasn't working out. It is now New Year's Eve, and I still haven't gotten paid for the hours I gave them. I have no idea who to complain to over there.
              Payroll systems can be notoriously behind between start dates and actual paycheck dates. US Bank took a while to get my first paycheck to me back in the day, paychecks issued on a semi-monthly basis back then. Almost a month having gone by seems too long to me if paychecks are issued more frequently than that.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Women who go to professional conferences, bring babies, sit in the middle of the room and let the baby fuss with little if any attempt to quiet the child.
                That's when you swap out your PowerPoint presentation for "Towards an Understanding of Six Sigma-Compliant Methodologies of Baby Smothering."
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Payroll systems can be notoriously behind between start dates and actual paycheck dates. US Bank took a while to get my first paycheck to me back in the day, paychecks issued on a semi-monthly basis back then. Almost a month having gone by seems too long to me if paychecks are issued more frequently than that.
                  I reached out to Developmental Enhancement, and there was an error in processing. I will pick up my check on Thursday!

Comment

We had a super type A captain of his high school wresting team di—ckhead in our engineering technology meeting today. He stood up when he spoke and was just trying to dominate the discussion. Wanting to make structural changes because he’s now in charge, etc. Overuses people’s names when talking with them, things like that. He has one and a half years of experience.

The best ****ing part was he somehow got the lead of the entire organization’s name wrong and repeated it throughout the meeting to everyone. Oh my god I had to choke down the laughter several times.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      We had a super type A captain of his high school wresting team di—ckhead in our engineering technology meeting today. He stood up when he spoke and was just trying to dominate the discussion. Wanting to make structural changes because he’s now in charge, etc. Overuses people’s names when talking with them, things like that. He has one and a half years of experience.

The best ****ing part was he somehow got the lead of the entire organization’s name wrong and repeated it throughout the meeting to everyone. Oh my god I had to choke down the laughter several times.
                      a little snicker, just one, to let everyone know you got it?

Comment

The DoorDash app tonight... first, it signed me out and wouldn't let me sign back in after 15 minutes, then told me "something went wrong" after I tried to mark a delivery complete. Thank goodness for help.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better night.

Comment

Has anyone else's Gmail filter been going haywire the last week? All of a sudden things that are clearly ads and were previously put into the "promotional" category have been making their way into the primary inbox.

And the other way, I've had some regular emails going to promotional. At first I thought it could be that they used their work email, but it was their personal email so that shouldn't have had any triggers to move it out of the regular inbox.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Has anyone else's Gmail filter been going haywire the last week? All of a sudden things that are clearly ads and were previously put into the "promotional" category have been making their way into the primary inbox.

And the other way, I've had some regular emails going to promotional. At first I thought it could be that they used their work email, but it was their personal email so that shouldn't have had any triggers to move it out of the regular inbox.
                            I was in SoCal last week (Inland Empire area) for a pinball tournament - my GPS kept locating me in San Francisco.

I turned off use wifi to determine location and it stopped. Must have been picking up someone's wifi using a proxy or VPN or something.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              I was in SoCal last week (Inland Empire area) for a pinball tournament - my GPS kept locating me in San Francisco.

I turned off use wifi to determine location and it stopped. Must have been picking up someone's wifi using a proxy or VPN or something.
                              Pretty sure those are two unrelated issues. It seems portable/pop-up cell towers are dumb about their physical location unless they're told/corrected. I repeatedly have had my phone tell me that I am in Detroit the whole time I am inside the McCormick Place in Chicago for the Chicago Auto Show.

It's my understanding that cell phones get their location data from cell towers, and wifi is only used to "fine tune" the location, but never for the named location. (Again, my Google Maps always placed me within McCormick, Verizon forced my phone to think I was in Detroit for the weather widget.)

As for Spartan, yes, my GMail filters were wack for a couple days, and still *kinda* are, but it is almost like it was. My biggest issues is that GMail notifications are delayed to my phone (it's been an issue with every smartphone I've had, despite data-saver disabling), and during that time notifications were delayed by hours (worse than normal).

My Nest notifications were also delayed by over a half hour (nothing like getting a notification of someone at the door and watching yourself come home a half hour earlier). The Nest app was live so it wasn't an internet upload issue to Google, just Google fu**ing with their settings.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with Google tweaking settings without any notice. Or any ability to report feedback. I'm a little too deep into their sh** nowadays for them to still act like everything is a Beta Test...
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Pretty sure those are two unrelated issues. It seems portable/pop-up cell towers are dumb about their physical location unless they're told/corrected. I repeatedly have had my phone tell me that I am in Detroit the whole time I am inside the McCormick Place in Chicago for the Chicago Auto Show.

It's my understanding that cell phones get their location data from cell towers, and wifi is only used to "fine tune" the location, but never for the named location. (Again, my Google Maps always placed me within McCormick, Verizon forced my phone to think I was in Detroit for the weather widget.)

As for Spartan, yes, my GMail filters were wack for a couple days, and still *kinda* are, but it is almost like it was. My biggest issues is that GMail notifications are delayed to my phone (it's been an issue with every smartphone I've had, despite data-saver disabling), and during that time notifications were delayed by hours (worse than normal).

My Nest notifications were also delayed by over a half hour (nothing like getting a notification of someone at the door and watching yourself come home a half hour earlier). The Nest app was live so it wasn't an internet upload issue to Google, just Google fu**ing with their settings.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with Google tweaking settings without any notice. Or any ability to report feedback. I'm a little too deep into their sh** nowadays for them to still act like everything is a Beta Test...
                                That seems right. I was inside basically a warehouse with gobs of computers/multimedia/streaming setups running - probably couldn't pull a strong enough GPS signal so went with the next strongest thing, which was probably proxied through SF somehow.

First noticed it on my weather widget as well.

I use manual refresh on my e-mail because I don't like my phone pinging 80,727 times a day - if I'm expecting something important I'll check for it.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X