Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Huh.

And according to the internet, I live in Hopkins, which is false. I live in Minnetonka.
    Did you know Hopkins is a city, not a suburb??

Someone here will get that.

Comment

• Originally posted by deutsche gopher fan View Post
      did you know hopkins is a city, not a suburb??

Someone here will get that.
      these places have histories!!!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        these places have histories!!!

/Squirrely Dan: Alls I knows is, that the Minnetonkas is where I live. The Hopkins...ess...ess is a computers glitches that don'ts know the true boundaries. Essssss, esssssss.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Huh.

And according to the internet, I live in Hopkins, which is false. I live in Minnetonka.
          Google Maps shows you in Minnetonka...

Border is the RR tracks behind your building. Unless you've moved in the last 5 years, which I don't think you have.
          Last edited by MinnesotaNorthStar; 03-27-2020, 11:48 PM.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Google Maps shows you in Minnetonka...

Border is the RR tracks behind your building. Unless you've moved in the last 5 years, which I don't think you have.
            That's what I say! But more times than not, internet forms or whatever insist I live in Hopkins. It's really weird.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              That's what I say! But more times than not, internet forms or whatever insist I live in Hopkins. It's really weird.
              Oh, yeah, that stuff is weird. My parents live in St. Louis Park, Edina, or sometimes even Minneapolis depending on the system being used.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Oh, yeah, that stuff is weird. My parents live in St. Louis Park, Edina, or sometimes even Minneapolis depending on the system being used.
                You might be able to pull off Edina. MPLS would be a little tougher.

Comment

There are portions of Lakeville where people have Rosemount as their default mailing address. And this is a Portion of Lakeville that’s actually south of Apple Valley. It’s been that way for decades, but nobody can explain why. While AV used to be part of Rosemount until 1965, give or take, Lakeville never was.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

You might be able to pull off Edina. MPLS would be a little tougher.
                    Lots of Edina addresses will show up as Minneapolis when entered into a shipping site

Comment

Being accused of playing the victim on my right foot really grinds my gears and really hurts. As much as I want to go back to like April 8, 2016, when I set a marathon PR and my foot wasn't bothering me, I know that's not going to happen. I know I caused the arthritis and the resulting surgery by continuing to run when everything started to go bad. If anything, I've expressed frustration about the healing process (that it's slow AF and nothing is happening), I know I can't go back to a time when everything didn't hurt.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

One thing that really grinds my gears:

"Anti-gay politician is secretly gay and likes it in the butt" jokes. It's immature. It's not funny. And it's homophobic.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
                          I am a proactive person. mr les is a wait and see person until the disaster happens and then he reacts.
                          We have gale force winds and a greenhouse that has a metal frame and a plastic cover. It blew over because it wasn't weighted down. The men righted it and weighed down the frame. It was really swaying around and I floated that we should take the cover off or at least weigh down the bottom of the plastic. Nope. lets wait and see. Not having a great day so I didn't take initiative and just go do it.

Greenhouse cover shredded, blew over, mangled the frame. It isn't a large thing and it didn't cost too much but it was what let me grow the seedlings I do. I am so mad at myself for listening to the wait and see. It is stupid and over the years listening to that has cost us more in $ and ruined things because we didn't act before it was too late.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            One thing that really grinds my gears:

"Anti-gay politician is secretly gay and likes it in the butt" jokes. It's immature. It's not funny. And it's homophobic.
                            Yes, yes, and yes.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When I'm running, and I see someone walking down the sidewalk in the other direction, so I jump down into the bike lane to give them the proper social distance, and they continue to walk in the middle of the sidewalk or even on the side of it closer to the road, rather than moving to the far side of the sidewalk. I'm jumping down here for your sake *******!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                When I'm running, and I see someone walking down the sidewalk in the other direction, so I jump down into the bike lane to give them the proper social distance, and they continue to walk in the middle of the sidewalk or even on the side of it closer to the road, rather than moving to the far side of the sidewalk. I'm jumping down here for your sake *******!
                                Yes, yes, yes. I walk every day. I can't remember the last time anyone moved to the other side. I always have to.

We have one family who walks every afternoon. It is a Grandmother, set of parents, 2 kid who might be twins about 2ish, one about 7ish and the oldest kid who must be about 11. Not one of them is the slightest bit careful and the kids are very hard to avoid- the middle one is usually on a scooter and practically runs me over if I don't move to the other side of the road. They spread out as they walk. The other day the first one was coming up to the opening of my development. I had to go across the road- no sidewalk- on a patch of road that is listed as one of the worst in the State. By the time I passed the last if them it was over a half a mile down the road. They are cheerful and wave but sheesh!

Comment

Working...
                                X