This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

I bit the side of my mouth so hard it looks like an infected wound. Ouch.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      And believe me, the Beer People Group gets very unreadable. Every special new release got 2 dozen of the the same post from different people, etc. It reads like spam.
      How'd you manage 120,000 posts in Cafe?
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

There was no rage quitting. I just simply unsubscribed.

And believe me, the Beer People Group gets very unreadable. Every special new release got 2 dozen of the the same post from different people, etc. It reads like spam.

I'm in 3 other groups that are much more disciplined in posting (and bonus: more open to trading/etc).
        Yes. People should SEARCH (or at least READ) before they post something new.

It would be like joining USCHO, and creating a thread that says HEY, DOES ANYONE HERE LIKE HOCKEY?
        Last edited by jen; 01-31-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I'm on that edge with a Chicago Fishing group with the repeated info. I love to talk fishing, but you can only type the answer to "What can I catch on Lake Michigan?" so many times before you don't want to answer. I've got a copy/paste response now.

What's funny is that people get upset when they see that it's copy/paste (it's a very basic outline of what works around Chicago on Lake Michigan and sometimes has unrelated info to what the person specifically asked). They also get upset regarding a line about how the group has been around for 5+ years now and that if they search, they can find a plethora of info (you can set your watch to what time of the year some fish are catchable. It's the same each and every year).

I think part of it is that people want to be spoon fed the info instead of doing research. You can tell when someone is truly a noob, but wants to learn vs someone who is just lazy.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Looking like I may have been raided by Porch Pirates for the 1st time.

Ordered two pairs of pants from Under Armor's web site back in early Jan. Package came normally, but was roughed up, but appeared sealed. Only had one pair of pants in there. Called UA. They sent a replacement pair. Recieved an order number but no tracking info on the replacement order. Just called UA to inquire on delivery of the replacement package. They say it was delivered 01/21. Never saw that one. It was a normal delivery, so no signature required. Just throw it in the general direction of the house and walk away. Delivery was in the AM and I didn't get home that day till around 8pm and saw no signs of delivery

Never received any tracking information so I didn't know the specifics of when the replacement was arriving. UA won't do a 2nd replacement, so now I need to dispute the charge with my credit card company. Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              How'd you manage 120,000 posts in Cafe?
              Back in the day, the Score Update threads were very active on the D1 side during games. Heck, some MN-UND games went through almost 2 threads per game. That, and the team threads were also much more active. I think one MN-UND series ended up having 3+ threads. USCHO, as for activity, has slowed wayyyyyy down over the years.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Back in the day, the Score Update threads were very active on the D1 side during games. Heck, some MN-UND games went through almost 2 threads per game. That, and the team threads were also much more active. I think one MN-UND series ended up having 3+ threads. USCHO, as for activity, has slowed wayyyyyy down over the years.
                Yeah, I was afraid my joke would be missed Rube. It wasn't written very well.

You posted that the beer group site was unreadable because people posted the same thing over and over again, so I asked how you managed to post here.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Yeah, I was afraid my joke would be missed Rube. It wasn't written very well.

You posted that the beer group site was unreadable because people posted the same thing over and over again, so I asked how you managed to post here.
                  Ah, got it. I ignore a LOT of it. (Not "official" ignore, just scroll past).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

For the 3rd year in a row, I have a new insurance company for my prescription coverage. And for the 3rd year in a row, I need to change brands for my blood glucose monitor because the insurance company doesn't play nice with the medical device company

It must be nice to be in a position where you can just arbitrarily throw money down the drain like this. I will now have THREE fully functional, current blood glucose monitors. **** this entire industry with a rusted spork

Comment

I basically had to tell my boss's boss to fuk off today.

I've done everything I can to get a new reactor system checked out. There are a million decisions and with illnesses, prioritization, workloads, etc., we've taken a little longer to get this project done. Especially frustrating is he didn't tell me how much of a priority this system was back in November when I had the project transferred to me. Had I known then, I wouldn't have let people self-prioritize what they were working on like a normal not-d--ckhead kind of person. But alas, here we are, first week in February and he wants to know why we can't check things out until March.

Well, Bossman, the system we're tying into already has runs in weeks 1, 3, and 5. I asked to move them and the factory told me to **** off. In week 2, my programming team is unavailable because they're working on other "high priority" projects. In week 4, we traded some people around and we can get basic checkout done. But it still needs to be tested. So we have to look at week 6, which is essentially the only week open for the key person running checkout.

And yes, I asked about weekends. But we have families and other obligations so we can't work every weekend and I'm not going to tell them to work on the weekends because A) I'm not their boss. B) Neither are you. C) We're all worked to the bone right now. We don't have 80 hours in a week and everything is apparently a high priority because management doesn't hire enough resources to staff our high priority projects appropriately. (Oh and did I mention we have the looming threat of more layoffs?)

So **** off. I did the best I could. Don't ask me for creativity in trying to find a solution. There isn't one. Not unless you want to change what constitutes a high priority or hire more resources.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I basically had to tell my boss's boss to fuk off today.

I've done everything I can to get a new reactor system checked out. There are a million decisions and with illnesses, prioritization, workloads, etc., we've taken a little longer to get this project done. Especially frustrating is he didn't tell me how much of a priority this system was back in November when I had the project transferred to me. Had I known then, I wouldn't have let people self-prioritize what they were working on like a normal not-d--ckhead kind of person. But alas, here we are, first week in February and he wants to know why we can't check things out until March.

Well, Bossman, the system we're tying into already has runs in weeks 1, 3, and 5. I asked to move them and the factory told me to **** off. In week 2, my programming team is unavailable because they're working on other "high priority" projects. In week 4, we traded some people around and we can get basic checkout done. But it still needs to be tested. So we have to look at week 6, which is essentially the only week open for the key person running checkout.

And yes, I asked about weekends. But we have families and other obligations so we can't work every weekend and I'm not going to tell them to work on the weekends because A) I'm not their boss. B) Neither are you. C) We're all worked to the bone right now. We don't have 80 hours in a week and everything is apparently a high priority because management doesn't hire enough resources to staff our high priority projects appropriately. (Oh and did I mention we have the looming threat of more layoffs?)

So **** off. I did the best I could. Don't ask me for creativity in trying to find a solution. There isn't one. Not unless you want to change what constitutes a high priority or hire more resources.
                        WHoooee! Good for you. I mourn for the days were people were human about expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          WHoooee! Good for you. I mourn for the days were people were human about expectations.
                          Well, I mean, I did it in the nicest way possible.

Something like "I agree this is high priority, however, all of our people are tasked with seemingly critical projects and would need further guidance on prioritization"

Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Well, I mean, I did it in the nicest way possible.

Something like "I agree this is high priority, however, all of our people are tasked with seemingly critical projects and would need further guidance on prioritization"

oooh. Well done I used to love that one. My old boss was like a pile of leaves in the wind. Thought everything should magically be done without staff or without time- anything so she didn't need to problem solve, think ahead or deal with setting limits. Priorities changed minute to minute- mot always because they were critical. When I finally figured out to ask that question she was almost apoplectic.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan
                              The fbi calling you because a colleague committed felonies
                              That's a new one around here. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                That's a new one around here. Wow.
                                White collar crime is real, yo

Comment

Working...
                                X