Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I can’t even get slots to get grocery delivery or pickup so I just go into the stores
    Yep. I managed one Amazon delivery from Whole Paycheck before things got really ridiculous and now you have to order like 5-6 days out whether it's Kroger, Amazon, whoever. Ridiculous.

Trader Joe's has two guys at the entrance enforcing social distancing. They're only letting like 20 ppl into the store at once.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Yep. I managed one Amazon delivery from Whole Paycheck before things got really ridiculous and now you have to order like 5-6 days out whether it's Kroger, Amazon, whoever. Ridiculous.

Trader Joe's has two guys at the entrance enforcing social distancing. They're only letting like 20 ppl into the store at once.
      Trader Joes has some seriously ****ed up policies for COVID. Everything I've read* seems to indicate they're trying to do this the most antiscience way possible. Your post is the first positive news I've seen on their front in a while. They were telling employees to come to work sick even if they had a pending result. They had been telling employees to not wear PPE so they don't scare the customer.

********warning!!
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I dont know about Doordash specifically but most of these types of services suggest tip levels before checkout. I know Amazon and Instacart do. (Amazon $5, Instacart %5 but show totals for 5, 10, 15...etc) I overtipped when I got groceries and will again.
        DoorDash suggests $2, 3, and 4 at least, with a space to add a custom tip. Sometimes, I get wonderfully surprised. Like today, one run came out to $13 instead of the $7.50 that initially came up.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I can’t even get slots to get grocery delivery or pickup so I just go into the stores
          I got instacart on Sunday night when I got home...no issue. (havent looked today cause I bought enough to last a bit) Amazon basically told me to **** off.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

From what I hear Costco is doing the same thing...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              DoorDash suggests $2, 3, and 4 at least, with a space to add a custom tip. Sometimes, I get wonderfully surprised. Like today, one run came out to $13 instead of the $7.50 that initially came up.
              Yuck. Instacart defaults to 5%, I went 10% on my last delivery so they got a nice tip. They also got it delivered faster than they needed to and it wasnt a small order. I would rather tip them big so they can cut down on the orders they need to do to make some money.

I know someone working Shippd (or whatever it is called) and they make more right now then they would if they were still managing their restaurant
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

From what I hear Costco is doing the same thing...
                One of my truck drivers said that Total Wine was doing that, also.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  One of my truck drivers said that Total Wine was doing that, also.
                  Total wine is.

Comment

The Total Wine in Maple Grove wasn't yesterday when I went there...
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Weird. Edina TW is, had a cop there last few days

Comment

Weird. Edina TW is, had a cop there last few days
                        The TW in Plymouth was, to be specific.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The TW in Plymouth was, to be specific.
                          Where the hell is the TW in Plymouth? Minnetonka wasnt yesterday either.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Where the hell is the TW in Plymouth? Minnetonka wasnt yesterday either.
                            North frontage road of 394, just east of 494N. That is technically Plymouth. Kinda by the Kids R Us or whatever strip mall.

Comment

North frontage road of 394, just east of 494N. That is technically Plymouth. Kinda by the Kids R Us or whatever strip mall.
                              I don't consider that Plymouth nor does Google

(its Minnetonka)

And I walked through there yesterday like it was any other day. No cops, no security, no restrictions.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't consider that Plymouth nor does Google

(its Minnetonka)

And I walked through there yesterday like it was any other day. No cops, no security, no restrictions.
                                Huh.

And according to the internet, I live in Hopkins, which is false. I live in Minnetonka.

Comment

Working...
                                X