Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    They’re sold as cloths that can disinfect the surfaces wiped. The sale pitch is how copper and silver can kill germs when used as knobs in hospitals, so the quick swipe over a countertop can do the same.
    In these times this is the worst sort of snake oil.

Comment

As of last week, I was on leave from Denver University while I got my old student loans off default. Over the last couple days, I've been kicked off their Microsoft Office 365 and their student portal doesn't recognize my ID. I have no idea what's going on, I can't reach my adviser to find out what's happening, and I'm worried.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

My guess is they screwed up. If you're enrolled you should still be a student with all those privileges. Some subroutine took your leave status and flipped the wrong bit. Call the school and talk to a human.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          My guess is they screwed up. If you're enrolled you should still be a student with all those privileges. Some subroutine took your leave status and flipped the wrong bit. Call the school and talk to a human.
          I called the head adviser, since my adviser is out on maternity leave.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            I called the head adviser, since my adviser is out on maternity leave.
            I'd call whichever department at the school handles the privileges for the portal and the shared apps / app store whatever it is. Call IT and explain what's going on -- they may just turn it back on for you; at worst they'll point you to wherever you have to go to fill in form 328-B-88Ca(3) to give them a work order to do it.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We got an email telling us that Office 365 is experiencing some sort of issue that is system wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I'd call whichever department at the school handles the privileges for the portal and the shared apps / app store whatever it is. Call IT and explain what's going on -- they may just turn it back on for you; at worst they'll point you to wherever you have to go to fill in form 328-B-88Ca(3) to give them a work order to do it.
                Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                We got an email telling us that Office 365 is experiencing some sort of issue that is system wide.
                And that's what this person told me to do. Call IT in the morning, explain the situation, and it should be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Same here:

We are currently experiencing connectivity issues with Office 365 services including Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Teams.

IT is working with Microsoft to resolve the issue and will communicate when it is resolved.

Microsoft indicated that services are recovering.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So, when they pushed the 2 tiered ID they wiped anyone who wasn't working on the app. I got a call (5 days later) from our IT dept. This kid (student work study) was the bomb. Turns out they didn't warn anyone that we would lose accessibility and the kids working the desk finally figured it out for themselves and are pretty aggravated. They aree swamped with people calling who can't access on their phone and some who never saw the email (because they lost access) that we needed 2 tiered ID.

I got no respect for the IT folks. Either they are stupid, don't care or don't think past the next minute. This must be the 4-5th roll-out that I have seen a C F since I started there. For someone who does a job where lack of anticipation kills people- it is unimaginable to me that they wouldn't think things thru before they implement.

Comment

Didn't you get the memo?

Comment

The fact I've been sitting a lot more often; my hips are hurting because of it. Yet I can't stand up too much because of my foot.

Comment

Got a bunch of vaccines.
                          MMR kind of hurts, now I know why the kids hate it

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Got a bunch of vaccines.
                            MMR kind of hurts, now I know why the kids hate it
                            it is not unusual to have side effects 7-10d after you get that. If you get a little rash and feel like doodoo that is what it is.

Antivax people grind my gears. One of my former patients posted a meme with warnings from 1958 about not giving vaccines to kids with eczema. NO you dope- that was for the smallpox vaccine- something they don't need to give any more because it has been eradicated in the wild. Good glory but people are stupid and gullible. And the people who are disseminating the nonsense should really be flayed alive and then dropped in a highly salinated body of water.

Comment

I already feel like doddoo. Slight fever, very sleepy

Comment

At my job, parents who are terrible at communication. I have to be in Comstock Park by 4:15 PM, and I leave from Holland at 3:15. I pull into a gas station 5 minutes away from the client's apartment and see text messages that were sent at 3:45 PM, saying the client has a fever and we need to cancel. Next time, do you think you could tell me before I leave my apartment?

Comment

Working...
                                X