No announcement yet.

Global War on Terror 9: Winter Is Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror 9: Winter Is Here.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Interesting how with the trillions of dollars spent on US military, the sun is required to get a proper assessment
    Sun? Did someone say Sun?

Supposedly this is the eclipse last night over the Persian Gulf (can not verify veracity of the image).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENuMmywU...png&name=small

Devil made me do it.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Irony is a harsh mistress.
      Who ya votin' for in 2020, Sic?

It is indeed.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Who ya votin' for in 2020, Sic?
        I don't have a billet to select from yet.

But I still want "None of the above" as an option.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          This is why I'm seriously questioning if our military leaders can be the adults in the room as we navigate this scenario.
          You're *just* now realizing Trump surrounds himself with "yes" men who won't challenge him? It's been pretty public knowlege since The Apprentice first aired in 2004.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Maybe pence and Pompeo have triggered Armageddon
            Agrees.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

He counterpunches- right? That’s what his moron press person said.

He won’t let this die down unless someone sedated him
              Also, he said, if Iran attacks Americans or our forces in the region, there will be retaliation like they have never seen.

Doing nothing after that makes Dimwit Donnie look weak. And Dimwit Donnie can never look weak. No 'red lines to cross' for Dimwit Donnie.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                Agreed. This is why I'm seriously questioning if our military leaders can be the adults in the room as we navigate this scenario. I believe that Dumpy sees that he has $2T of shiny new military gear so now he wants to use it despite being completely oblivious to consequences.
                He'll just fire everyone until he gets someone who will. that's what he's done so far.

Comment

Irony is a harsh mistress.
                  Yeah. Just really funny isn't it?

Doosh.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Sun? Did someone say Sun?

Supposedly this is the eclipse last night over the Persian Gulf (can not verify veracity of the image).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENuMmywU...png&name=small

Devil made me do it.
                    It's from a lunar eclipse during sunrise on December 26th in the Gulf region. The UAE was treated to a "ring of fire" for their view of the eclipse.

https://gulfnews.com/photos/news/in-pictures-ring-of-fire-solar-eclipse-wows-across-asia-1.1577351897531?slide=2
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      They're saying this is the retaliation

I think this could be it unless Trump continues the escalation. They had to do "something", but they warned Iraq they were going to strike, and they did it at a time there wouldn't be much activity at the base. They were showing they had the ability to strike anywhere in the region from within Iran and that the US can't get away with the drone strike without retaliation but without provoking additional attacks from the US.

I think this has provided additional motivation for terrorists though, so we'll probably see more action from non-state groups.
                      If it is intended as the sole official retaliation, Dump is too stupid to make the smart play. If he can, he will crow loudly and openly about how insignificant and harmless the attack was and how far superior our forces are, making it more difficult for Iran so sell it as an appropriate response to those of its people who demand justice (even though Iran is not a democracy). Dump's ego just doesn't allow any kind of nuanced thinking.
                      Last edited by burd; 01-08-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        You're *just* now realizing Trump surrounds himself with "yes" men who won't challenge him? It's been pretty public knowlege since The Apprentice first aired in 2004.
                        Look, I didn't follow politics until this debacle happened 3 years ago.

I figured that the top military brass stayed in place from admin to admin. You know, people who have been in the military for the past 25+ years and know that it plays out different in real life than on Call of Duty. People that realize their actions have consequences.

I'm not saying that the military brass don't have their own agendas. They do. I guess I'm just dumb/ignorant to think that the leaders of the 5 military branches are willing to fall in line with a leader who has a shown strategic IQ of -3... It's like when you tell a 3 year old that you will go to McDonald's "tomorrow" over and over despite being asked daily.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I don't have a billet to select from yet.

But I still want "None of the above" as an option.
                          If you are not voting against him you are voting for him.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            If you are not voting against him you are voting for him.
                            He’d rather have a toddler with nukes vs someone who wants to make healthcare more accessible or tax the rich fairly. It tells you a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Look, I didn't follow politics until this debacle happened 3 years ago.

I figured that the top military brass stayed in place from admin to admin. You know, people who have been in the military for the past 25+ years and know that it plays out different in real life than on Call of Duty. People that realize their actions have consequences.

I'm not saying that the military brass don't have their own agendas. They do. I guess I'm just dumb/ignorant to think that the leaders of the 5 military branches are willing to fall in line with a leader who has a shown strategic IQ of -3... It's like when you tell a 3 year old that you will go to McDonald's "tomorrow" over and over despite being asked daily.
                              It would take a clear danger for the military to disregard the President, and that is a Good Thing: civilian control of the military is vital to democracy. However there needs to be protocol in a situation in which the President is crazy, willfully stupid to the point of being a risk, or a traitor. We have a Constitutional provision for that situation: 25A S4.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.
                              But 25A S4 depends on the Veep. What we do not have is a provision for this situation, in which one entire party is crazy, willfully stupid to the point of being a risk, and traitorous. We are faced with carrying 33% of the population who are so dumb, vicious, and resentful they'll literally destroy the world in a childish fit.
                              Cornell University

Comment

He’d rather have a toddler with nukes vs someone who wants to make healthcare more accessible or tax the rich fairly. It tells you a lot.
                                To be fair he's on the fence about it.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X