NWHL Announcement Event On Tuesday In Saint Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NWHL Announcement Event On Tuesday In Saint Paul

Former UNH captain and 2019 graduate MJ Pelletier signed with the Buffalo Beauts today.

Count is 42.
    THINK PINK
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

2 more signings:

Forward Kayla Meneghin (Plattsburgh '18) re-signs with the CT Whale and forward Cassidy MacPherson (Providence '19) signs with the Buffalo Beauts

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        They also signed native Minnesotan Audra Richards, who played for the Metropolitan Riveters last season.
        Short article on her signing:

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...aps/521884052/
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

2 more signings:

CT Whale re-sign F Sarah Hughson (Elmira '18) and the Buffalo Beauts sign local F Emma Ruggiero (Buffalo State '19) who is from nearby Amherst, NY.

Comment

Is this shaping up to be a talented league or has that ship sailed? There was some real promise after last year but I am curious of the impact of the "walk out" or whatever you want to call it has had on the league?

Comment

1 more signing as G Kelsey Neumann (Clarkson/Plattsburgh) returns to the Buffalo Beauts, where she played between 2016 and 2018. Neumann will also be a goalie coach for nearby Buff State as well as running a private coaching business.

Comment

A few more signings:

F Kendall Cornine (RIT '19) signs with the Metropolitan Riveters
                G Cassandra Goyette (Nichols '19) signs with the CT Whale
                F Stephanie Anderson (Bemidji State '16) signs with the MN Whitecaps (Anderson played for the two CWHL teams in China the past 2 years)
                F Marisa Raspa (RPI '18) signs with the Boston Pride

Comment

total count now looks to be 59. Pride signed a goalie so it looks like they have a squad.

just a quick assessment...but i see 3 women from Harvard (Laing, Parker, Mastel) and 3 from Yale (Marchin, Souliotis,Vlasic) have signed. Looks like some women are happy to keep playing, while they start careers
                  . Two of them have experience on the U18 team as well (Laing and Mastel).

Comment

Adding one more: https://www.nwhl.zone/news_article/show/1042859
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Big week on signings.....as of now the count is 70. there is a mix of returning players and recent grads (DI and D3). It will be interesting to see if women that were holding out will sign now that it looks like a season will happen. I am guessing some will do that as they want to play. Then they have to hope there is roster spots and $$. Although i am guessing that the teams are hoping as well and have held back some of the money. Biggest problem i see in starting the season is Riveters have no goalies!

Of course big signing for Pride was Lovisa. I am excited to see her play and bought my season ticket this week!
                      Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 08-22-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                        Of course big signing for Pride was Lovisa. I am excited to see her play and bought my season ticket this week!
                        Nice to know. I’ll be seeing BU host the Pride 27 Sept.
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                          Biggest problem i see in starting the season is Riveters have no goalies!
                          Riveters just announced they signed Hamilton alumni Sam Walther to play in goal. Walther was with the Whale last season.

Comment

Sydney Baldwin signed by the Whitecaps...

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/9...whitecaps.aspx
                            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 09-04-2019, 11:38 AM.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              Sydney Baldwin signed by the Whitecaps...

https://https://gophersports.com/new...whitecaps.aspx
                              NWHL says they're now up to 80 players.

Recent signings:

Dana DeMartino - G - Manhatanville (NCAA D3)/Farmingdale State (ACHA Men's D3) to the Riveters (other G is Sam Walther - Hamilton '18)
                              Kelsey Cline - D - Minnesota to the Whitecaps
                              Kalli Funk - F - Niagara/St. Cloud to the Whitecaps (returning player)
                              Erin Hall - D - Holy Cross to the Whale
                              Brooke Wolejko - G - St. Lawrence/SUNY Plattsburgh to the Whale
                              Hanna Beattie - F/D - Williams to the Whale (returning player)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                Nice to know. I’ll be seeing BU host the Pride 27 Sept.
                                Hearing rumors about pre-season games being cancelled. Anyone hearing anything? pre-season games start in 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X