Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NWHL Announcement Event On Tuesday In Saint Paul

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    I saw on Instagram that reps from the NWHL will ring the Nasdaq opening bell on Monday. Curious to see which, if any, players will be on hand.
    when you have a Bull market for ten years, you hafta really start looking hard for somebody to ring the bell.
    I would guess the ones that got a degree in something usefull and went to work are making pretty good money by now, even if they didn't immediately out of college.
    Obviously some got a hockey related job that pays decent money, but that isn't the norm.

Comment

Local Boston story from Jan 14 about the Pride's season so far and about Denna Laing

https://www.wcvb.com/article/buildin...eague/30522156

Comment

This looks like it could be fun!

NHL All-Star Weekend adds Elite Women's 3-on-3 game
        https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-all-sta...me/c-313979224
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
          This looks like it could be fun!

NHL All-Star Weekend adds Elite Women's 3-on-3 game
          https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-all-sta...me/c-313979224
          So only the boycott players were chosen and no players from this season's NWHL? I haven't been able to pay much attention to the NW this year...busy job, busy life.
          Last edited by shelfit; 01-17-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            So only the boycott players were chosen and no players from this season's NWHL? I haven't been able to pay much attention to the NW this year...busy job, busy life.
            Disappointing. I thought the NHL was going to stay out of this conflict- they do that by picking all the players from the boycotting players and NONE from the NWHL? Yeah this is consistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
              Disappointing. I thought the NHL was going to stay out of this conflict- they do that by picking all the players from the boycotting players and NONE from the NWHL? Yeah this is consistent.
              Well they can at least stop pretending they're not behind the attempt to fold the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                Well they can at least stop pretending they're not behind the attempt to fold the league.
                Absolutely -no pretending

Comment

“ . . . a corporate social responsibility goal of making fans feel good about the N.H.L. as opposed to actually advancing women’s hockey.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/s...ion-women.html

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5it22DYmjJQ

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                      “ . . . a corporate social responsibility goal of making fans feel good about the N.H.L. as opposed to actually advancing women’s hockey.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/s...ion-women.html
                      This is pretty spot on, especially now that the women have come onto the ice wearing jerseys with giant NHL shields. I don't see the PWPHA logo they've been putting out there...

Comment

So Pride goes into weekend 19-0.....makes no sense but they changed several things around and Lost to Whitecaps 4-3. At first I Thought they had just changed D pairs, But they were actually rolling 7 d. I don’t understand at all. Why would you mess with success? Last minute of game they didn’t even have Fratkin on ice and gave up winning goal right off face off from tying it up. In addition Lovisa did not look like herself giving up 4 goals Saturday and a lot of big rebounds...The 2 teams played again on Sunday and pride wins 4-2. Still rolling 7 d. Both days Pride give up shorty to Thunstrom. Wow is she fast.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                          So Pride goes into weekend 19-0.....makes no sense but they changed several things around and Lost to Whitecaps 4-3. At first I Thought they had just changed D pairs, But they were actually rolling 7 d. I don’t understand at all. Why would you mess with success? Last minute of game they didn’t even have Fratkin on ice and gave up winning goal right off face off from tying it up. In addition Lovisa did not look like herself giving up 4 goals Saturday and a lot of big rebounds...The 2 teams played again on Sunday and pride wins 4-2. Still rolling 7 d. Both days Pride give up shorty to Thunstrom. Wow is she fast.

Just heard they had a different d coach for weekend....explains the different “system”...my view go back!

Comment

The NWHL had to release a statement to clarify false information Cassie Campbell-Pascal put out there on Sportsnet about the league. Statement here:

On Sportsnet’s telecast on Friday of NHL All-Star Weekend, analyst Cassie Campbell-Pascall said the following:

“Well, I’ve heard different things and I’ve been kind of doing my research, and I’m no lawyer by any means, but I think what a lot of lawyers and agents are saying to these players – that they cannot now sign with the NWHL. And the reason being is that they can potentially be liable to the investors. They don’t know what kind of contracts she has signed with those investors. They don’t know if they would be liable to potentially pay those businesspeople back…I mean, they are investors – they want money back.”

The NWHL usually does not respond to untruths and damaging comments, but we feel this one should be addressed. Campbell-Pascall and Sportsnet used the occasion of a great moment for women’s hockey to float absurd lies about our league, which works every day to build a business and illustrate the value of women’s professional hockey.

So that there is no misunderstanding, the report by Sportsnet is illogical. The statement that players may be personally liable to investors in our league is inaccurate and not in line with laws in either the United States or Canada. So let us be clear: under no circumstances are NWHL players liable to NWHL investors.

We believe Ms. Campbell's rhetoric is intended to scare our current players, along with the many players considering joining or re-joining our league in the seasons to come.

As we prepare for NWHL All-Star in two weeks, the Isobel Cup Playoffs in March, and upcoming announcements of exciting plans, more player signings and the schedule for our sixth season in 2020-21, we ask again for everyone building the game to consider courtesy over destructive discourse.

Although Campbell-Pascall may serve as an analyst, she is also a former longtime board member of the CWHL, one of the greatest players in hockey history, and undoubtedly for the game. When we try to tear each other down with reckless reporting or malicious comments, women’s hockey does not move forward.

Comment

wow....and the NWHL has gone out of their way to not say or do anything destructive to the Players Association. They even tweeted out congratulations to the women particpating the NHL all start weekend. The NWHL has been a class act throughout.....

sounds to me like the PA is worried about players signing and is trying some scare tactics. To bad we can't all work for what we think is best without damaging the other side.....
                              Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 01-27-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                                wow....and the NWHL has gone out of their way to not say or do anything destructive to the Players Association. They even tweeted out congratulations to the women particpating the NHL all start weekend. The NWHL has been a class act throughout.....

sounds to me like the PA is worried about players signing and is trying some scare tactics. To bad we can't all work for what we think is best without damaging the other side.....
                                Wow is right. The potential slander liability Campbell and Sportsnet put themselves in is mind boggling. (Not to mention, anyone with half a brain would realize what Campbell said made absolutely no legal or common sense whatsoever.)
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X