Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Miss Thundercat's opinion (sorry, MT, to put your name to this, but you are the only one I know of on here that still posts) has no more influence (or shouldn't) than I do, or trix does, or Kep does, or whoever. We are all equal in my eyes. You don't need help. To me, your view counts the same. This is not a knock on you. This, if anything, is a knock on the ignorant.

When I say you don't need help, I'm saying you are strong enough, and have the support here and elsewhere to conquer the opposition. I fully believe that.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        Miss Thundercat's opinion (sorry, MT, to put your name to this, but you are the only one I know of on here that still posts) has no more influence (or shouldn't) than I do, or trix does, or Kep does, or whoever. We are all equal in my eyes. You don't need help. To me, your view counts the same. This is not a knock on you. This, if anything, is a knock on the ignorant.

When I say you don't need help, I'm saying you are strong enough, and have the support here and elsewhere to conquer the opposition. I fully believe that.
        Rube, the error in your take is that the ignorant are in power and thus these persecuted people and groups do need help and support to stand up and be seen as worthy, equal people in society.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Then don’t say anyone is “shaming” you as you said before.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Rube, the error in your take is that the ignorant are in power and thus these persecuted people and groups do need help and support to stand up and be seen as worthy, equal people in society.
            I look at it as the steady and strong will survive the bumps (like a Trump presidency) and will come out on top Call me an optimist, a romantic, but that is what I believe. The fringe come and go. The sane and moderate survive.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              "Straight Pride" by any other name...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                "Straight Pride" by any other name...

Not what I feel about that satirical cartoon, but go on with your bad self. Save that stuff for Flaggy.

Comment

If you have actually read what I've posted, I've been saying the same thing as the bolded. Hide your bias next time.
                  No, you do not acknowledge how they are actually treated, you only focus on how they should be. And you provide no solution for how to get to your desired state.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    No, you do not acknowledge how they are actually treated, you only focus on how they should be. And you provide no solution for how to get to your desired state.
                    I have, you have ignored it. Vote out the imbeciles. Educate the ignorant (although that's probably a Sisyphean Task right now). But you hear: NOT LIKE US! ATTACK! So, meh.

Comment

Well Brent, if you can't see the obvious point being made and the repeated refutations as to why your argument is false, then I can't help you.

No offense dx, but that ALL CAPS post was really unnecessary.

I have, you have ignored it. Vote out the imbeciles. Educate the ignorant (although that's probably a Sisyphean Task right now).
                      You've also said "We're All Equal", which is great in theory, but far from the current reality. Sometimes, the only way to change hearts and minds is to get into the majority's face (and no, that's not an invitation to violence) and TELL them why they are wrong, and why you deserve equality and human decency.

Ultimately though, you are right to say that it will come down to just voting the bass-turds out and waiting for the bigots to croak.
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 06-07-2019, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Well Brent, if you can't see the obvious point being made and the repeated refutations as to why your argument is false, then I can't help you.

No offense dx, but that ALL CAPS post was really unnecessary.
                        I see the point being made, and disagree with it. I don't try to vilify those who oppose me, and pretend I'm better'n'them. That is what is really chapping my hide.

Comment

Added: Huh, this guy doesn't agree with us, he's obviously not seeing the point.

Guy: No, I see the point, and I call shenanigans.

Comment

No, all you've done is called and raised with an off-suit 2/7.

Some posters here are far too nasty towards you though, and that nastiness is a direct fecal byproduct of the dumbarse in the White House, and the Internet echo chambers we carefully build around ourselves.

How did this argument even start again?

Comment

I have, you have ignored it. Vote out the imbeciles. Educate the ignorant (although that's probably a Sisyphean Task right now). But you hear: NOT LIKE US! ATTACK! So, meh.
                              Lol educate people, but vote Republican, because they love education. The imbeciles are voted in specifically for being imbeciles, by their imbecile constituents, seems unlikely to just vote them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                LGBT are powerless in this society. We're frustrated. We're angry. We're scared, if not terrified. And when you're powerless, all you can do is get angry. "if we don't vent our frustration, we're gonna blow a 50 amp fuse." All we can do right now is yell and scream and hope like hell someone hears us. We will have our marches and rallies. We will get on the internet and yell to a wide audience.
                                Some one (group) needs to have the power. If everyone had power we’d need a new definition. And if someone gave up power to others willingly, we’ll then that would change the definition too.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X