Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I understand that this is near and dear to your heart, but you do yourself a disservice with that last bit there, especially what I bolded. Don't insert words into the mouths of someone who doesn't wish you harm (as he has said), it has a history of turning people off from being open to your ideas, or even against you entirely.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ I don't care where I park, and furthermore, I hate the SJWs that shame some people who have legit reasons to park in those spots. My aunt had severe diabetes, she wasn't fat/obese. In fact, she was a tiny little thing. However, she couldn't walk long distances, because of foot pain. Hence, she got a handicapped parking pass.

FTR, though, she died from complications of the diabetes, in her 50s, because she decided she wanted to live life on her own terms, rather than follow the rules of said diabetes. Talked to her about it once, and she said, "I'd rather die happy than miserable."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      the SJWs that shame some people who have legit reasons to park in those spots.
      Those aren't SJWs. They're a55holes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        The above is a great post. Thank you for this. The SWM is at an advantage. No question. But I feel that the "majority" is trying to be shamed because they are the majority. It's not their fault of being born that way. I guess what I don't like is that many of today's generation of SWMs are being ripped on for being SWMs, when we're TRYING to change the situation for the rest of the people. Yes, some are complete a-holes (cough MAGA cough). Don't lump us all in with that crowd. I had said that a Straight Day or whatever isn't a big deal, because it shouldn't be a big deal. Having an LGBT Day shouldn't be a big deal, because it shouldn't be. I concentrate on who the person is, not what they are, if that makes sense.

I'm not going to feel bad because I fall into that category. I'm going to be proud of what I am. And others should feel proud of what category they fall into. In the end, if you're not an a-hole, more power to you.
        I have a suggestion and I’m being serious, not snarky- but try not to view it as anyone is shaming you. Letting minorities celebrate isn’t shaming the majority and I think the majority should calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          I have a suggestion and I’m being serious, not snarky- but try not to view it as anyone is shaming you. Letting minorities celebrate isn’t shaming the majority and I think the majority should calm down.
          This is not about me, it's about the category I fall into. I just feel that if the minority can celebrate, why can't the majority? There shouldn't be anything "special" about any categorization. Either everyone can celebrate (for the right reasons, mind you, don't be hating) or it's such a non-issue that no one needs to celebrate (I prefer the latter).
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Can we please stop saying the "majority"? Straight (90%) white (75%; 16%) males (49%) are about 33% of the US population and 7% of the world population. We only seem like the "default" because we have all the money and power.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Can we please stop saying the "majority"? Straight (90%) white (75%; 16%) males (49%) are about 33% of the US population and 7% of the world population. We only seem like the "default" because we have all the money and power.
              It's a good point, but money and power do rule the world, making that faction a majority in a sense.

Comment

This is not about me, it's about the category I fall into. I just feel that if the minority can celebrate, why can't the majority? There shouldn't be anything "special" about any categorization. Either everyone can celebrate (for the right reasons, mind you, don't be hating) or it's such a non-issue that no one needs to celebrate (I prefer the latter).
                Do you have any fricking clue at all WHY the minorities are "celebrating." This may be your blindest to reality post yet, and that's a tough competition.

Comment

This is not about me, it's about the category I fall into.
                  They're still not being shamed, which is the point she was making that you ignored. Scooby already posted this elsewhere but:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    They're still not being shamed, which is the point she was making that you ignored. Scooby already posted this elsewhere but:

Was I rude with Brent? yes.

But Brent should be thanking his deity that he doesn't NEED a Straight Pride.

LGBT are powerless in this society. We're frustrated. We're angry. We're scared, if not terrified. And when you're powerless, all you can do is get angry. "if we don't vent our frustration, we're gonna blow a 50 amp fuse." All we can do right now is yell and scream and hope like hell someone hears us. We will have our marches and rallies. We will get on the internet and yell to a wide audience.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

LGBT are powerless in this society. We're frustrated. We're angry. We're scared, if not terrified. And when you're powerless, all you can do is get angry. "if we don't vent our frustration, we're gonna blow a 50 amp fuse." All we can do right now is yell and scream and hope like hell someone hears us. We will have our marches and rallies. We will get on the internet and yell to a wide audience.
                      As a woman, I get it. No straight male should feel threatened or lesser by any pride events and if they do, they have serious questions to ask themself.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Be rude to the people who aren't trying to change things for the better. I know you. I've met you (although, yes, pre-op). You're a good person, no matter what gender. I'm on your side.

Comment

Be rude to the people who aren't trying to change things for the better. I know you. I've met you (although, yes, pre-op). You're a good person, no matter what gender. I'm on your side.
                          You aren't trying to change things for the better, you are sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "I CAN'T HEAR YOU" when people are trying to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            You aren't trying to change things for the better, you are sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "I CAN'T HEAR YOU" when people are trying to help you out.
                            Sure. Yep. That's what I'm doing. You hit it on the head. I'm so glad you know me better than I know me.

Comment

Sure. Yep. That's what I'm doing. You hit it on the head. I'm so glad you know me better than I know me.
                              You've made it very clear way more than once that you think people should be treated equally, but you are against doing anything to achieve that goal beyond simply saying that is the goal. You have made it abundantly clear that you do not think minorities (be it LGBTQ or POC) should be given any special treatment in order to achieve equality. If that is not how you feel, you have a problem where your fingers type that no matter what your brain is thinking.

Comment

Holy **** this is a bad, bad, bad take.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X