Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Jesus. Are you a men’s rights activist too?
    Honestly, what's wrong with it? I get the other angle, and I disagree with it, the whole "every day is straight day." To me being LGBT is no big deal. Love who you want, be who you want, no matter to me. As long as you're not an a-hole, fine by me. Be happy. That was the message they were sending. Celebrate everyone, not just certain people.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Honestly, what's wrong with it? I get the other angle, and I disagree with it, the whole "every day is straight day." To me being LGBT is no big deal. Love who you want, be who you want, no matter to me. As long as you're not an a-hole, fine by me. Be happy. That was the message they were sending. Celebrate everyone, not just certain people.
      ***Spoiler alert***

If you need to celebrate being straight....you're an a-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        ***Spoiler alert***

Wrong. You are missing the point. We are ALL equal. Some are not more equal than others.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Wrong. You are missing the point. We are ALL equal. Some are not more equal than others.
          In farking rainbow and unicorn land, sure. But here in the good ol' U S of A, not so much skippy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            ***Spoiler alert***

Much like Children’s Day,
            Everyday is straight a hole day
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              In farking rainbow and unicorn land, sure. But here in the good ol' U S of A, not so much skippy.
              I will say, 100% of the time someone pulls out this ridiculous argument, it’s a straight white dude.

Comment

A new gay bar in Minneapolis May not open, probably because the owner had several public posts about killing the Jews.

http://www.citypages.com/news/a-new-...nity/510817611

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  A new gay bar in Minneapolis May not open, probably because the owner had several public posts about killing the Jews.

http://www.citypages.com/news/a-new-...nity/510817611
                  Cheers!
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

you're completely missing the point. Gay pride day came about when a group of marginalized people came together and basically said "we're not going to be ashamed of who we are, we're not going to hide". Pride day started in 1970 in response to the Stonewall riots after police raided the Stonewall Inn in '69.

No one has ever lost a job for being straight. Or white. The main motivation is political, and there is more progress to be made. They only recently won the right for marriage equality. In many states it's perfectly legal to fire someone just for being gay. The Trumpturds are trying to make it easier to discriminate against LGBTQ people through "religious freedom" laws.
                    Last edited by BassAle; 06-05-2019, 08:03 AM.

Comment

You really don't see the difference between a black pride march and a white pride march?

A history of suffering -- REAL suffering, which continues in our present world -- is the context that changes the meaning of these two events. They are not fungible.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I wish Twitter had mobile embed, but they don’t, so here you go.

Straight Pride Parade:
                        https://***********/evaandheriud/sta...436508673?s=21
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          you're completely missing the point. Gay pride day came about when a group of marginalized people came together and basically said "we're not going to be ashamed of who we are, we're not going to hide". Pride day started in 1970 in response to the Stonewall riots after police raided the Stonewall Inn in '69.

No one has ever lost a job for being straight. Or white. The main motivation is political, and there is more progress to be made. They only recently won the right for marriage equality. In many states it's perfectly legal to fire someone just for being gay. The Trumpturds are trying to make it easier to discriminate against LGBTQ people through "religious freedom" laws.
                          And the Stonewall riots started because of Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera, two trans women of color.

Being trans, I've had enough of this ****. For what I can control, I will raise my glass. But the actions of this administration have me terrified inside. A bunch of my trans friends and I are terrified and we're downright p-ssed off. Feeling powerless will do that to you.

Right now for LGBT... we can get married over the weekend, then lose our jobs on Monday and then our homes on Tuesday.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            And the Stonewall riots started because of Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera, two trans women of color.

Being trans, I've had enough of this ****. For what I can control, I will raise my glass. But the actions of this administration have me terrified inside. A bunch of my trans friends and I are terrified and we're downright p-ssed off. Feeling powerless will do that to you.

Right now for LGBT... we can get married over the weekend, then lose our jobs on Monday and then our homes on Tuesday.
                            Given the state of this nation, I'm surprised trans people near the border don't move to Canada, where sanity rules in regards to human rights. It's one thing when political opposition people threaten it during lead-up to an election, like the Alec Baldwins of the world, but they've really nothing extraordinary on the line like their personal health and dignity the way trans people do. I wouldn't even call it a surrender so much as depriving the US of the talent we here would lose by people attaining higher levels of education such as yourself.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              You really don't see the difference between a black pride march and a white pride march?.
                              I see the difference, and know that many are trying to change it. As I said, celebrate ALL as equal. I'm proud of who I am (who HAPPENS to be a straight white male). Do I hate others that don't conform? Hell no. Every time someone that is "different" (I stress the quotes) has a day, or parade, or whatever, it's pointing out they are different. To normalize something, stop pointing out differences. Embrace similarities.

Sure, that might be a pipe dream, but gotta start somewhere.

Comment

Not sure which thread is appropriate, but this one seemed the best for this:

Also, obligatory Archer reference...
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X