Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Ok that sounds like GD oak dale but you didn’t go to school there right?
    Given the school I went to (Robbinsdale Cooper), and the schools my friends went to (Totino Grace, Robbinsdale Armstrong, Benilde-St Margeret's), I'm surprised more pregnancies didn't happen. It was honestly a rarity. Of course, that could also be a generational thing, I don't know.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      I am also 37 years old, so I'm not sure where I fit in. I just wake up, drink the coffee, and go to work.
      Well, if you go to work you're not a Millenial.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I think they are just waiting longer than past generations. Fewer 21, 22 year olds are having kids. It's more the 27, 28 year olds, once they get their career/family life set. Same with marriages. Millennials are getting married later in life.

I should note Midwestern bias here, as the coasts seem to have a longer history of this practice. In the midwest, it seemed like you basically got married right out of college, not later in life.
        Women get knocked up when they finish their education. In the Northeast that's 30. In the Midwest, 26. In the South it's 13.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Women get knocked up when they finish their education. In the Northeast that's 30. In the Midwest, 26. In the South it's 13 by their cousin.
          FTFY.

It does seem the south does things at a younger age. Guessing it goes back a couple generations, due to farming/etc culture, similar to the midwest.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Tell that to my ex-fiancee. She had our son at 40, then had another child at 42.
            The point is that a lot of gen x women are already hitting menopause while millennials are getting older than the old farts think.

Many people who use millennials as a derogatory term think they're still teenagers. Most of them/us are not. The vast majority of teenagers are generation z.

Comment

FTFY.

It does seem the south does things at a younger age. Guessing it goes back a couple generations, due to farming/etc culture, similar to the midwest.
              It was only in the 19th century with the rise of a middle class and perma-childhood that people waited until they were 20 or even 18. Through 99.99999% of human history it was 16-year old boys f-cking 13-year old girls. There wasn't even a concept of "teens" before then. You were a child until you became sexually able and then you were an adult.

The backwoods hayseeds are the normals. It's we who are the freaks.
              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                The point is that a lot of gen x women are already hitting menopause while millennials are getting older than the old farts think.

Many people who use millennials as a derogatory term think they're still teenagers. Most of them/us are not. The vast majority of teenagers are generation z.
                The Mils are pretty much all done with undergrad work. We're on to Gen Z as the lazy, spoiled teens now.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  The Mils are pretty much all done with undergrad work. We're on to Gen Z as the lazy, spoiled teens now.
                  Agree. The Mills should be adulting right now. The Zs are full blown Mills on steroids.

Comment

Agree. The Mills should be adulting right now. The Zs are full blown Mills on steroids.
                    This is the most millennial thing I’ve ever read.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I guess I partly disagree with that as well. Our school had so many pregnancies, they started up a daycare for the kids inside the school so the moms and dads could get their diploma.

Purely anecdotal. But I get your point and I think you’re probably right in general. It’s also probably better we’re waiting longer.
                      Yah.... Work into your 70s to pay the kiddies tuition
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        My mom has openly started referring to my ball python as her "grandsnake." I'm not 100 percent sure how to take that.
                        My mom refers to my pup as her granddog. Spoils her whenever she sees her too.

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        I am also 37 years old, so I'm not sure where I fit in. I just wake up, drink the coffee, and go to work.
                        I go with Xenial. I'm 36. My husband likes to say he's gen X 'cause he was born in 1980. I was born in '82. I don't consider he and I different generations.

Going back to the gender reveal, I think it's stupid. Husband and I are having a human. Who cares what it's genitals are? Please don't push your societal views onto my child based on an X or Y chromosome. We did find out the gender, and I have told people, but no party and I hope people don't expect my daughter to wear a bunch of pink stuff and only play with dolls and not trucks.

And yeah, this "millenial" didn't get married until 34, and will be 37 (hubs will be 38) when our first child is born.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Yah.... Work into your 70s to pay the kiddies tuition
                          A dollar saved today is worth far more than a dollar saved tomorrow.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            My mom refers to my pup as her granddog. Spoils her whenever she sees her too.

I go with Xenial. I'm 36. My husband likes to say he's gen X 'cause he was born in 1980. I was born in '82. I don't consider he and I different generations.

Going back to the gender reveal, I think it's stupid. Husband and I are having a human. Who cares what it's genitals are? Please don't push your societal views onto my child based on an X or Y chromosome. We did find out the gender, and I have told people, but no party and I hope people don't expect my daughter to wear a bunch of pink stuff and only play with dolls and not trucks.

And yeah, this "millenial" didn't get married until 34, and will be 37 (hubs will be 38) when our first child is born.
                            I despise the word Xennial for some bizarre reason. I prefer Oregon Trail Generation. 😁
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I despise the word Xennial for some bizarre reason. I prefer Oregon Trail Generation. 😁
                              You kids are a few years younger than me, glad to hear you also played old school OT

Comment

We had an Apple II of some sort at home. The old green screen.

O’Dell Lake
                                Oregon trail
                                Number munchers
                                Dung beetles
                                Some weird poker game
                                Some d&d type rpg game
                                A bunch of others I can’t remember.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X