Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

*snicker*

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/de...Nr4?li=BBnbfcL
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      It's a start.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's an ultra-marathon that lets you run across Tennessee. 500K, 314 miles.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

People do this on purpose?
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            People do crazy things.

Seward AK runs a race every year on the 4th of July that’s up and down a mountain.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Yes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking at doing this myself.

However, the farthest I've ran on purpose is 33.5 miles. And that was before I started hormones.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                People do crazy things.

Seward AK runs a race every year on the 4th of July that’s up and down a mountain.
                It's the World's Toughest 5K.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  People do crazy things.

I can see that. But running a 500k is the athletic equivalent of being a hoarder.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I can see that. But running a 500k is the athletic equivalent of being a hoarder.
                    Maybe they're upset Jenny left.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Only if I can achieve this with multiple stops to experience the good local food. And I can use my car. And take about three days to do.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Only if I can achieve this with multiple stops to experience the good local food. And I can use my car. And take about three days to do.
                        Runners have 4 days to do this. They're on their own too.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          They're on their own too.
                          Thank God this race isn't staged in Alabama...
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I’ll have to let my friend know. She just finished the Spartathlon (the legendary 153 mile route of Phidippides from Marathon to Sparta) in the top 50 overall, men and women. She has also outright won several 24-hour races - one of them around the hills of Griffith Observatory and the Hollywood sign, beating the closest male finisher by more than 10 miles.

I think the hardest part for her would just be stomaching the thought of visiting a red state.....
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              I’ll have to let my friend know. She just finished the Spartathlon (the legendary 153 mile route of Phidippides from Marathon to Sparta) in the top 50 overall, men and women. She has also outright won several 24-hour races - one of them around the hills of Griffith Observatory and the Hollywood sign, beating the closest male finisher by more than 10 miles.

I think the hardest part for her would just be stomaching the thought of visiting a red state.....
                              I want to do it, but I don't know how to begin training. Also, yes, as a trans woman, the thought of visiting a red state sickens me.

Comment

Right now, though... I had surgery on my right foot July 2. It pains me to walk more than a few minutes at a time. This is coming from someone who has run 15 marathons and gone past 26.2 twice. Right now, my big goal of an Ironman seems pretty "normal" compared to running across Tennessee.

Comment

Working...
                                X