Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
    How about RIT beating the friars at Schneider last December.
    The situations were similar - highly thought of team, Atlantic Hockey opponent.
    I mean, I assume we're going to beat AIC, but weirder things happen

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Thread title could probably be updated.

Comment

They now have two Zambonis and no Dunkin Donuts stand. 😡
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Pretty poor treatment for season tix holders, again. One ditty bag and one mug / ticket. No T-shirt. No pin. No hat. And still no parking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black_Ice View Post
            Pretty poor treatment for season tix holders, again. One ditty bag and one mug / ticket. No T-shirt. No pin. No hat. And still no parking.
            I was never notified of a bag or cup.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              I was never notified of a bag or cup.
              Me either. I got tickets in an envelope. I went to transfer my tickets to a dear friend who was bringing children for Saturday night's game and the ticket office managed to bleep up the ticket transfer that they were to leave at will call for them. It's infuriating because I can't imagine they have these ticketing issues with the basketball team. I would have done it online but I know you'll find this as a shock, the capability wasn't there because they were having a problem with their system. It's very hard to take Providence College seriously as an athletic department when they always make major fubars on the simplest things. Driscoll gets so much credit and I think he is average at best as an athletic director. So many simple things are missed on his watch but he puts that he's a hockey guy in his bio so we're all supposed to give him kudos. It's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                The situations were similar - highly thought of team, Atlantic Hockey opponent.
                I mean, I assume we're going to beat AIC, but weirder things happen
                Well, we won. Not going away but a win is a win.

I'd blanked on why UML losing to SHU was so earthshaking - Lowell was #1 in the country and the Pioneers had 2 wins the prior season. AIC is probably a much better team in comparison.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Nate in his postgame comments was very happy with the freshmen...I thought O'Brien looked like he played in high school last year as he was holding onto the puck way too much while Dugan was passing too much. I was very surprised with how good Thompson was while Callahan was a no-show.

Greg Prinz seemed faster and much better.

Now the disappointments...Davis Bunz took a terrible angle leading to the odd man rush for the AIC goal. You are now an upper classman and need to be better. Did Bjorkqvist even play? He was a no-show and that is a major concern.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Expected win to start the season now the real competition begins. Miami will be a tough game on Friday and hopefully the Friars make a good showing against N.D. on Saturday. Good weekend of hockey ahead for the Friars this weekend.

Comment

Another one leaves Providence College

https://***********/JeffCoxSports/st...08184537194499
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Another one leaves Providence College

https://***********/JeffCoxSports/st...08184537194499

Comment

Kid's a quitter. It's not that hard to keep up with school work and playing sports. I did it. School isn't for everyone.
                          Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
                            Kid's a quitter. It's not that hard to keep up with school work and playing sports. I did it. School isn't for everyone.
                            Better to find out now that the kid can't hack it than to find out later on. PC athletes actually attend real classes and they have to put in work. The kid obviously struggled so I wish him the best.

Comment

Not like he was a young kid either, 20 yrs old

Comment

It's not like the Providence coaches had transcripts/grades and test scores to determine scholastic aptitude. It would be great if they had this thing called an admissions office.....oh, wait.....

Comment

Working...
                                X