27.78%
    Michigan Wolverines
    11.11%
    Notre Dame Irish
    22.22%

The poll is expired.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Re: NCAA Championship - Who wins?

Out of superstition, I had to be the lone Bulldog calling for an OSU championship. Hope I'm wrong and the non-football helmets win it or at least either team from the west. I recognize ND is the highest team in the pairwise but in my mind they should have been knocked out by Tech (they won fair and square of course but were outplayed). Also going with the streak; not sure exactly how many Frozen Fours Notre Dame has been to but they've got a pretty good Mankato and Dahl-era SCSU loss streak going.
    Last edited by UMD21; 03-26-2018, 05:50 PM.
    I wanna go fast!

Comment

Michigan wins it. I hope Michigan wins it.

Why? I’ll tell you.

Michigan has 9 titles. North Dakota has 8. Michigan needs to extend that lead by 2.

The last thing I want to (keep) hear(ing) is how North Dakota is the greatest program of all time. How they have the best fans. How they constantly have the most attendance (which is easy since their arena holds nearly double than any other and the only thing to do in Grand Forks in the winter (or summer really) is go to the game).

I was also pulling for Denver since they would have went ahead by 1 and put North Dakota in 3rd overall.

But, I’m pulling for MN-Duluth too. Cause if one thing chaps a North Dakotans ***, it’s seeing a MN school win anything.

Go anyone but North Dakota!!!

Comment

I'm happy as long as somebody from the Big Ten wins it. I chose Michigan but would totally be okay with either Notre Dame or Ohio State.
        National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
        National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by FightingWho View Post
          Michigan wins it. I hope Michigan wins it.

Why? I’ll tell you.

Michigan has 9 titles. North Dakota has 8. Michigan needs to extend that lead by 2.

The last thing I want to (keep) hear(ing) is how North Dakota is the greatest program of all time. How they have the best fans. How they constantly have the most attendance (which is easy since their arena holds nearly double than any other and the only thing to do in Grand Forks in the winter (or summer really) is go to the game).

I was also pulling for Denver since they would have went ahead by 1 and put North Dakota in 3rd overall.

But, I’m pulling for MN-Duluth too. Cause if one thing chaps a North Dakotans ***, it’s seeing a MN school win anything.

Go anyone but North Dakota!!!
          You think 2 will change it? couldn’t help but wonder last year when Berenson stepped down if Denver gaining their third title since Michigan’s last had anything to do with it. I thought for sure either ND or DU (probably DU) would beat Michigan to 10 but Pierson behind bench now will make it interesting. I do think like seen in Lucia’s case you need passion to succeed maybe the game got stale for Berenson too.
          I wanna go fast!

Comment

Bulldogs and Buckeyes are tied at 5 votes each. Looks like the upper bracket winner will go on to take the big prize.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I hope Michigan wins it but since I have dropped $1,150 so far I'm guessing that they'll lose to rudy on Thursday and **** me off.
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I'm calling for an Irish/Buckeye final. This is where OSU will gain their 5th loss to the Irish this year, 3-2 in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                  I'm happy as long as somebody from the Big Ten wins it. I chose Michigan but would totally be okay with either Notre Dame or Ohio State.
                  He He He

Comment

Someone again hopefully from the NCHC North Dakota, Minnesota Duluth or Denver. Don't forget (WCHA) Minnesota State is playing well and capable of winning the Frozen Four!!

Comment

Hello,This is really too useful and have more ideas from yours. keep sharing many techniques. eagerly waiting for your new blog and useful information……nice…….

Aws Training in Chennai

Comment

I have followed the MN Gophers since 1980, & seen a few changes over the years. This year's Gopher's Team is pretty good, & yes like any Hockey Fan would love to see my Team win it all. For those of you out their that did not get to watch the "Bean Pot Championship Game," - Wow! That was the caliber of play & determination to win - non stop action for the 'Full-60-Minutes' of the game. What I have learned over the year's is that RPI, RRWP, W-L Record's are mere jockeying point's - needed to gauge the who's 1 - 16 for the Frozen 4. A bigger question to ask is in 'What is not Happening' in this quest for 1 - 16. Look at the Big 10 who who has had 4 Teams in the Top 5 or 6 in National Ranking's. Yet, after January 1st all they play is other Big 10 Teams. The Scheduling of the Second Half of the Season in itself has created a very difficult problem. I don't know if the Big 10 would want to face any East Coast Teams right now, because of the great speed and goal-tending they have. Stats like the RPI & RRWP as stated - are from an average of Games Played in the Past! Number's may give Tendencies about a Team like Blocked Shot's During a Game - but the Game Today Still Has To Be Played.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinsCreek View Post
                          I have followed the MN Gophers since 1980, & seen a few changes over the years. This year's Gopher's Team is pretty good, & yes like any Hockey Fan would love to see my Team win it all. For those of you out their that did not get to watch the "Bean Pot Championship Game," - Wow! That was the caliber of play & determination to win - non stop action for the 'Full-60-Minutes' of the game. What I have learned over the year's is that RPI, RRWP, W-L Record's are mere jockeying point's - needed to gauge the who's 1 - 16 for the Frozen 4. A bigger question to ask is in 'What is not Happening' in this quest for 1 - 16. Look at the Big 10 who who has had 4 Teams in the Top 5 or 6 in National Ranking's. Yet, after January 1st all they play is other Big 10 Teams. The Scheduling of the Second Half of the Season in itself has created a very difficult problem. I don't know if the Big 10 would want to face any East Coast Teams right now, because of the great speed and goal-tending they have. Stats like the RPI & RRWP as stated - are from an average of Games Played in the Past! Number's may give Tendencies about a Team like Blocked Shot's During a Game - but the Game Today Still Has To Be Played.
                          It's all a crap shoot Twins. When you look back at past champions since Pairwise began it's all over the board. #1 overall has won 4 times in 18 years and we've had two 15 seeds win it all. My personal opinion is it's wide open this year. MN and QU may have a stranglehold on the Pairwise top 2, but I don't think that means much come NCAA tourney time. There are so many tournament tested teams in the field (MN, QU, Mich, Denver, SCSU, Western, Minn St., and others with appearances recently as well like Harvard, PSU, Notre Dame, N'eastern) all it takes is for a team to lock in on their system and play soundly in all phases for two weekends and most of the teams are more than capable of that. As my ID might insinuate, I'm a Gopher fan as well (and a MN hockey fan in general). I've been watching this stuff since about 1993 at a passionate level of interest.

For the Goph's I see two serious challenges they have to figure out how to overcome. Lack of scoring depth and a horsesh*t schedule between now and the NCAA. The upper classmen really need to step up and provide scoring. I am worried about getting contributions from lines 2 & 3. The Pitlick/Huglen line has picked it up recently, but Nelson and Brodzinsky need to be better. Regarding the schedule, I'm almost more concerned about this than any aspect of their game. We've got OSU coming up and then don't play a game until 3/11. After that we have one on 3/18 if we win the semi-final. Then you have the regionals on the 23-26th. The Gophers do not fare well coming off longer layoffs, many teams don't. It's so hard to keep that razor sharp edge in your game when you go weeks in between games. If they don't win that semi-final they will then have only played 1 game over a 25-26 day stretch. This is the flaw in the B1G schedule, specifically for that top seed (I'd much rather play a quarterfinal series than have a bye). IMO, we have to win that semi-final in order to stay sharp down the stretch and get the extra game on 3/18 otherwise I think they'll have a hard time getting to Tampa.

P.S. The teams that really scare me are the teams stacked with veterans and play a heavy game. I mean we haven't lost to anyone not named Minn St. for 3 years!

Comment

Thanks StateofHockey. Very much needed "Team's Must" information for this time of Year.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinsCreek View Post
                              Thanks StateofHockey. Very much needed "Team's Must" information for this time of Year.
                              you are welcome. I think you're the first Gopher fan I've seen on here other than me, although I haven't been in the forums long. Not sure about you, but this is the best and by far the toughest team I've seen since 02-03 wearing maroon and gold. We may not have a Cale Makar, but the blue line talent 1-6 is something to behold.

Comment

Working...
                              X