Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
    I thought the issue was cupcakes. 8 of Wisconsin's 20 conference wins were against WCHA teams ranked lower than any of the 9 Hockey East teams in the Pairwise.

You guys feast on cupcakes.
    I prefer to call it raw ground meat.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I thought the issue was cupcakes. 8 of Wisconsin's 20 conference wins were against WCHA teams ranked lower than any of the 9 Hockey East teams in the Pairwise.

You guys feast on cupcakes.
      If we're talking cupcakes, How did the ultimate cupcake feaster, with all those video game like statistics, do when the the games that really matter happened?
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

First, I do not want to live in a world where cupcakes are a bad thing.

Second, as luck would have it, the teams with the fewest cupcakes on their schedule are the cupcakes themselves.

Women's hockey lacks the depth for any of the top teams to avoid playing weak teams. The WCHA has enough strength at the top of the conference to at least guarantee that half of your conference games will be against teams that could beat you on a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          If we're talking cupcakes, How did the ultimate cupcake feaster, with all those video game like statistics, do when the the games that really matter happened?
          Just like Wisconsin, BC choked away 2 of the last 3 when it "really mattered."

Comment

Just like Wisconsin, BC choked away 2 of the last 3 when it "really mattered."
            I agree with you...Be careful about saying choked though as that can trigger some folks around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
              First, I do not want to live in a world where cupcakes are a bad thing.

Second, as luck would have it, the teams with the fewest cupcakes on their schedule are the cupcakes themselves.

Women's hockey lacks the depth for any of the top teams to avoid playing weak teams. The WCHA has enough strength at the top of the conference to at least guarantee that half of your conference games will be against teams that could beat you on a good day.
              Some of the best pontificating on cupcakes I have seen...

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                UW women hockey schedule announced! Uhh... sort of. Opponents and weekends, but not times or even specific dates. (That is for example, Oct 19-21 will be at home, against Princeton, but which two days is not detailed. My guess for that weekend, without knowing the Men's hockey schedule would be Friday night, conflicting with VB against Nebraska, and then Sat night, with no current conflicts)

http://uwbadgers.com/documents/2018/...dule_Color.pdf

(And yet one more time, home Women hockey the same weekend of the B1G Football game AND likely home NCAA first round VB; Nov 30, Dec 1-2)
                Men's Hockey schedule announced.

Both men and women have home series on these weekends:
                Oct 12,13,14 (women - Duluth)
                Oct 26,27,28 (women - Minnesota)
                Nov 30, Dec 1,2 (women - Syracuse)
                Feb 7,8,9 (women - Mankato)
                March 1,2,3 (women - 1st round WCHA playoffs, if "necessary".)

And yes, one more year that Nov 30, Dec 1, 2 weekend is also first round NCAA volleyball tournament, when UW might well be hosting games at the Field House AND that Saturday night is the B1G football championship. That weekend will almost certainly be Sat afternoon, Sunday afternoon (unless there's a Friday afternoon, which Tim loves so much). Yet to be seen if they also try to shoehorn a basketball game in there somewhere (I wish I were joking, but I'm not) Why they over-schedule that particular weekend year after year is just beyond me.

Some good news, neither of those Oct weekends has home football, so Sat afternoon is a possibility for women hockey.
                Last edited by robertearle; 05-25-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

When men and women both play at home, do they usually conflict/overlap times ?

Comment

Originally posted by ndodge View Post
                    When men and women both play at home, do they usually conflict/overlap times ?
                    Never. For parking and general traffic reasons. The only time I can ever remember a UW game at the Kohl Center overlapping with hockey at LaBahn is occasionally women's basketball. I guess that is "OK" because the combined attendance of the two is still less than a well-attended mens BB or hockey at the KC.

When men's hockey is in town, it is a virtual certainty that they well be Fri night, Saturday night. Usually 7 PM; occasionally 8 PM for television, if there was a home football game, or home basketball (and they need the extra time to get the arena switched over from the BB set-up to the hockey set-up).

Adding: when they are both home, it is often Saturday 2 PM women, 7 PM men, which can make for a nice "double-header".
                    Last edited by robertearle; 05-26-2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      Men's Hockey schedule announced.

Both men and women have home series on these weekends:
                      Oct 12,13,14 (women - Duluth)
                      Oct 26,27,28 (women - Minnesota)
                      Nov 30, Dec 1,2 (women - Syracuse)
                      Feb 7,8,9 (women - Mankato)
                      March 1,2,3 (women - 1st round WCHA playoffs, if "necessary".)

And yes, one more year that Nov 30, Dec 1, 2 weekend is also first round NCAA volleyball tournament, when UW might well be hosting games at the Field House AND that Saturday night is the B1G football championship. That weekend will almost certainly be Sat afternoon, Sunday afternoon (unless there's a Friday afternoon, which Tim loves so much).
                      Hopefully I made it perfectly clear to Jason King that Friday afternoon games are not acceptable.....

Love the double header opportunities. There's no funner Saturday in fall/winter than watching the gals play @ 2, walk down to State St for dinner then catch a guy's game @ 7.

2nd most enjoyable fall event is musky fishing in the AM on Monona then taking the rig over to LaBahn for an afternoon game. Most annoying thing is if they are charging for parking off Regent, they want to charge me double for the vehicle and the boat when the lot is 90% empty! I can understand if it's full.....

Lindenwood series moved to UW, I wonder what kind of event conflict in Lindewood would make their team give up 2 home games?

Comment

I know hockey season is getting close when I have to take into consideration the hockey schedule when planning fishing trips. I am so pumped up for that first series at home, that first look at the line combo's, the smell of the rink and the sounds of hockey.

Comment

Season tickets go on sale today! They also tweeted out that an announcement about the team would be made, probably Captains with 4 players shadowed out? Usually it's seniors. Shaver has to be a lock with having an "A" as a Jr.....other Sr's, Cogan, Pankowski, Rolfes, Gardner and Clark. Guessing Shaver or Pankowski get the "C". Wouldn't be shocked to see Roque in the mix, but the Sr. class is very deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Season tickets go on sale today! They also tweeted out that an announcement about the team would be made, probably Captains with 4 players shadowed out? Usually it's seniors. Shaver has to be a lock with having an "A" as a Jr.....other Sr's, Cogan, Pankowski, Rolfes, Gardner and Clark. Guessing Shaver or Pankowski get the "C". Wouldn't be shocked to see Roque in the mix, but the Sr. class is very deep.
                            Clark should be the Captain.

Comment

Pankowski and Shaver are captains.
                              Clark and Rolfes are alternate captains.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...a953f6718.html
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                Pankowski and Shaver are captains.
                                Clark and Rolfes are alternate captains.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...a953f6718.html
                                How is Pankowski gonna do her 'last person on the ice, tip in (Nurse/Clark/Channel)'s shot' drill if she's over talking to the refs?!

Comment

Working...
                                X