Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    Tim, there's a pair of tickets on CraigsList today, $20 apiece (!). Don't know if you're interested at that price, and the posting doesn't mention where the seats are, etc.

https://madison.craigslist.org/tix/d...839621868.html
    Thanks for the info. I will do some fishing perhaps.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      I took the original comment as a bad attempt at humor.
      it was a strange play, clearly it was interference, there was a similar play involving AP the previous home series where they gave coincidental minors, in that case it looked to me like the ref was going to let the original infraction go but decided he needed to send them both to the sin bin

IMO, the WI/MN game was better called than the UMD/MN game, I wish I was able to replay the game, at one point in the second period (I believe it was) where a UMD player checked a Gopher into the boards who was carrying the puck, no call

I saw Pannek talking to the ref who was shaking his head,
      perhaps trying to refocus his eyes ?

so what's the over under on the 1/4 final?
      WI by a touchdown?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Thanks for the info. I will do some fishing perhaps.
        Tim, Sorry I was only able to find one ticket, a person I work with daughter decided she would rather go to a friends house instead of the game with her parents. I told him I need 2 if not 3. I think he found a taker today.

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
          Tim, Sorry I was only able to find one ticket, a person I work with daughter decided she would rather go to a friends house instead of the game with her parents. I told him I need 2 if not 3. I think he found a taker today.
          Thanks for the attempts to you and Robert. I did end up buying the 2 tickets Robert found on craigslist. I figured paying double face was a small price to pay for me screwing up. It's the last game of the year at home. It's must a see.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
            so what's the over under on the 1/4 final? WI by a touchdown?
            Touchdown without extra point.

I always am concerned in these types of games if it gets out of the 2nd period tied, will the UW players start to press, and the system then breaks down and that leads to sloppy play and penalties, which can lead to bad things. This team is locked in and very experienced, so I doubt that will happen.

Comment

The UW ticket office just released a small number of tickets. Presumably whatever Syracuse didn't use from their allotment.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Touchdown without extra point.

I always am concerned in these types of games if it gets out of the 2nd period tied, will the UW players start to press, and the system then breaks down and that leads to sloppy play and penalties, which can lead to bad things. This team is locked in and very experienced, so I doubt that will happen.
                If you *really* want to find something to worry about, Syracuse played a different goalie during the CHA tournament than played at LaBahn back in December (though the new goalie's - Ady Cohen - GAA and save percent aren't all that much better than the old one's - Maddi Welch), and there is a center (?) - Savannah Rennie - who missed about half the season (injury?) and was out for the UW series. But in the half-season she has played, she's only had two goal, five assists. So....

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  If you *really* want to find something to worry about, Syracuse played a different goalie during the CHA tournament than played at LaBahn back in December (though the new goalie's - Ady Cohen - GAA and save percent aren't all that much better than the old one's - Maddi Welch), and there is a center (?) - Savannah Rennie - who missed about half the season (injury?) and was out for the UW series. But in the half-season she has played, she's only had two goal, five assists. So....
                  Some teams improve, some don’t. I would not expect a 9-1 game. The Syracuse team I watched play last weekend looked good. They showed no quit in their game and gave RM fits for three periods.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    The Syracuse team I watched play last weekend looked good. They showed no quit in their game and gave RM fits for three periods.
                    We're talking Bob Morris, not Minnesota, not Clarkson, not NE, we're talking Bob Morris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      We're talking Bob Morris, not Minnesota, not Clarkson, not NE, we're talking Bob Morris.
                      Let’s hope “they are what we thought they are”...

Comment

Originally posted by clubaclub View Post
                        Let’s hope “they are what we thought they are”...
                        Nice job picking up on where I was going with that. Even if they aren't who we think they are we are who we are and that should be enough.

It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Pregame nerves setting in. Last year I was super nervous with the rodents coming to town, what a clash of Titans in the quarters.

Let's go RED! On Wisconsin!

Comment

Wisconsin and Syracuse are scoreless after one, but it's been all Wisconsin so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                              Wisconsin and Syracuse are scoreless after one, but it's been all Wisconsin so far.
                              Well that was one of the least competitive games I have seen in awhile. I know the CHA winner gets an auto-bid but that was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                                Well that was one of the least competitive games I have seen in awhile. I know the CHA winner gets an auto-bid but that was terrible.
                                You think that was bad, you should have seen the games back in December. Syracuse was much improved today; better on faceoffs, poking sticks, etc. etc

Comment

Working...
                                X