Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    I used to respect Phil until I saw this. How sad to put volleyball ahead of hockey. BTW NB went down 3-1 to MN tonight. Not a good weekend for #5 in the nation. #9 WI should move up
    I was shocked to hear Phil took VB over hockey. Who knew? I was happy to see they finally beat NB.

Quick recap from Sunday, Princeton got off to a slower start, partly in due to penalties, but did not pay for it on the scoreboard, in the 2nd and 3rd period, the shots were even and it was quite the up and down the ice game, a lot of nice pace. I love to see the blowouts, the 1-0 game deep into the 3rd period was edge of your seat hockey considering that Princeton was getting some good looks. I think it was the perfect series to play before seeing the rodents, who will have more pace than Princeton, so the team got a nice primer on pace.

Interesting to see Curl in place of Cogan on the 2nd line during parts of the 2nd period and I do believe the whole 3rd period. She did fit right in and created some chances on that line, though I thought Cogan was doing a fine job, and that line has been the best line. I would be interested to see Curl on the other lines, with her hockey backround she's not your typical 4th liner, it might boost the other 2, the 3rd line isn't lighting the lamp at this point, though they are doing all the other things right.

MJ gets the last change this weekend, who will he start against the vaunted rodent top line and will he roll 4 lines?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      .MJ gets the last change this weekend, who will he start against the vaunted rodent top line...
      The UM top line never really played like a top line, and by the end of Saturday, it was split up. If Wente is back in the lineup, then her line with Schammel and Zumwinkle, the top line from last year, has been the most consistent line. Versus OSU, Williamson and whomever was the most productive. More than any other Gophers team I can remember, Minnesota has a lot of pieces. So far, the coaches are still trying to figure out how to put them together. In any case, it won't be a question of shutting down one line. It will be more like when you're playing any other random team and wanting to play solid D every shift.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I was happy to see they finally beat NB.
        (Even though Nebraska has won two national championships over the period, Wisconsin has beaten them four of their last six matches over the last five seasons.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          (Even though Nebraska has won two national championships over the period, Wisconsin has beaten them four of their last six matches over the last five seasons.)
          Interesting, in my head it seemed like they always lost to them, Penn St. and the rodents.

Comment

Interesting, in my head it seemed like they always lost to them, Penn St. and the rodents.
            For whatever reason, they have had a much tougher time against Penn State and Minnesota; Penn State only once since 2011 and Minn not at all since 2015 (2014 they beat Minn twice, and won the Big Ten championship). Of course, these are all perennial top ten/top five teams and four of the last five NCAA champions (two Nebraska, two Penn State), so....

Comment

Isabella Vasseur (North American Hockey Academy) commits to the University of Wisconsin) for 2023-2024 @nahahockey @BadgerWHockey

Welcome to the den, Isabella. If my math is right the young lady is in 7th grade. I love to see very decisive youngsters like Isabella. The recruiting spreadsheet doesn't have enough columns, LOL.

It will be interesting to see who MJ sends out to open the game. He has used any of the top 3 lines at any point to start a game. Looked bad Sunday with Clarky still on the crutches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Isabella Vasseur (North American Hockey Academy) commits to the University of Wisconsin) for 2023-2024 @nahahockey @BadgerWHockey

Welcome to the den, Isabella. If my math is right the young lady is in 7th grade. I love to see very decisive youngsters like Isabella. The recruiting spreadsheet doesn't have enough columns, LOL.

It will be interesting to see who MJ sends out to open the game. He has used any of the top 3 lines at any point to start a game. Looked bad Sunday with Clarky still on the crutches.
                2023 is 8th grade (2005 birth year)
                Another commitment: 2022 (2004) F Laila Edwards (Little sister of UW commit Chayla Edwards)

Comment

Good grief. Looks like I am way behind on the spreadsheet for the women's program.

Going to have to get cracking on that again.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    Good grief. Looks like I am way behind on the spreadsheet for the women's program.

Going to have to get cracking on that again.
                    Lol- you may want to keep that spreadsheet open on your computer...word is schools trying to get younger commits nailed down before new recruiting rules go into effect in the spring. Stay tuned!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                      Lol- you may want to keep that spreadsheet open on your computer...word is schools trying to get younger commits nailed down before new recruiting rules go into effect in the spring. Stay tuned!
                      And where does this 'word' come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                        It’s been all the talk at the big recruiting tournaments like NAHA & Stoney Creek, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          NCAA's Department of They, as in... They say recruiting will be cut off until senior year for athletes...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                            2023 is 8th grade (2005 birth year)
                            Another commitment: 2022 (2004) F Laila Edwards (Little sister of UW commit Chayla Edwards)
                            Awesome news. Then there is the curious case of Grace Shirley, Sophie's little sis. So talented and yet not going to any US college from what can be gathered in the interweb. Perhaps US college hockey isn't in the cards for her, who knows.

Todd D did a nice article about Annie playing C in place of Clark, the article did not give a timeline as to how long Clark would be out. The rodents are catching a big break there.

Comment

Tomorrow's gonna be AWESOME! Musky fish Monona til 12:30, have son #2 drop me off close by, meet up with son #1 and daughter and watch UW throttle the rodents, go home, eat supper, watch the lads throttle the huskies.

Comment

Tomorrow's gonna be AWESOME! Musky fish Monona til 12:30, have son #2 drop me off close by, meet up with son #1 and daughter and watch UW throttle the rodents, go home, eat supper, watch the lads throttle the huskies.
                                You lead a charmed life...
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X