Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Any word on Clark's injury?
    WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Originally posted by fritz View Post
      Any word on Clark's injury?

FWIW, Two small bits I can mention that others might not have seen or noticed:

- where I sit, I am able to see a short ways down into the 'entryway' where the players come out onto the ice. When she left the ice, she was putting no weight on her knee at all. She and the trainer went down that walkway under the stands where there is a bench, and she sat while the trainer poked at the knee for a couple minutes. When she got up and they headed for the locker room, she did put weight onto the knee.

- as the teams left the ice at the end of the period, she came out onto the ice for just a few seconds. So, while she didn't come back out to play, they were at least considering the possibility.

(On the other hand, maybe ten years ago or so, the Brewers had a pitcher, Yovani Gallardo, who hit first base awkwardly running out a grounder. He tore his ACL something like 75%, but pitched another half-inning before exiting the game. So just because she was putting weight on it might not mean all that much.)

Comment

Well, another weekend of Badger hockey, another "own goal".

First minute of the game, Campbell went behind the net to stop a puck, somehow lost her footing and went down to her knees. That seemed to 'freeze' the defenders. Campbell got back to her skates, and was just about back in front when a UMD player (I guess) got the puck out front from behind the net, where it bounced off a Badger (Roque? Rowe? 8 or 18) as she slid into the crease (to try to get in front of the open net) and into the net went the puck.

Clark was on crutches. Hard to see if there was any sort of brace, etc on her knee, or how much she was 'using' the crutches.

Rooney was really good, but for the second time in two days let through a 'trickler' that she got a piece of.

Comment

[QUOTE=robertearle;6709483]Well, another weekend of Badger hockey, another "own goal"/QUOTE]

We may need to add a new statistic to put the Badgers' GAA into perspective: OppGA and OwnGA.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            FWIW, Two small bits I can mention that others might not have seen or noticed:

- where I sit, I am able to see a short ways down into the 'entryway' where the players come out onto the ice. When she left the ice, she was putting no weight on her knee at all. She and the trainer went down that walkway under the stands where there is a bench, and she sat while the trainer poked at the knee for a couple minutes. When she got up and they headed for the locker room, she did put weight onto the knee.

- as the teams left the ice at the end of the period, she came out onto the ice for just a few seconds. So, while she didn't come back out to play, they were at least considering the possibility.

(On the other hand, maybe ten years ago or so, the Brewers had a pitcher, Yovani Gallardo, who hit first base awkwardly running out a grounder. He tore his ACL something like 75%, but pitched another half-inning before exiting the game. So just because she was putting weight on it might not mean all that much.)
            Crap. I hope it is nothing serious and she gets aback into action soon (thought I'd be OK if it were not until after the MN weekend seriously, hope it is not serious.

Comment

Sucks Clark is hurt, Nicole Haase used the word "indefinitely" in a tweet. She was out for warm-ups on the bench with crutches, I was hoping to see her go back in the tunnel to judge her condition, but I missed it. On the bright side, Posick got the bump up to the 4th line and she looked a lot faster than she did last year.

Cece dressed today, so they are back to dressing 3 G. She must have been nicked up.

It's amazing out the staff just plugs in these Fr D and they instantly fit. LaMantia is just another great fit.

Overall they looked good today, other than the screw up that lead to the first goal. UMD was who I thought they were.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                UMD was who I thought they were.
                https://youtu.be/SWmQbk5h86w
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Of course UW didn't let them off the hook.

So Princeton is coming to town having not played a game yet, while UW has played 6. Could be interesting, though their returning goalie had awesome numbers last year.

Comment

Per the Monday press conference, Clark's injury is her ankle and not her knee. MJ said it will be three-to-five days for the swelling to go down to really know 'how long' before she can get back to playing (he thought at first it was her knee, too. So when staff told him her knee is OK, "that was a sight of relief"). In a different context, he mentioned people being missing for 'Four Nations' the Nov 9-10 weekend, but whether Clark "will be ready for that, time will tell".

(After getting the all-time wins record on Sunday, somebody asked him how long he sees himself coaching. He answered that Jerry York was in Madison this weekend, and York is 74 and still doing it. Right now he still loves doing it, still has a passion for going to the rink and working with the team, etc. "But coaching at 74? No." FYI, he just turned 61.)

Comment

Per the Monday press conference, Clark's injury is her ankle and not her knee. MJ said it will be three-to-five days for the swelling to go down to really know 'how long' before she can get back to playing (he thought at first it was her knee, too. So when staff told him her knee is OK, "that was a sight of relief"). In a different context, he mentioned people being missing for 'Four Nations' the Nov 9-10 weekend, but whether Clark "will be ready for that, time will tell".

(After getting the all-time wins record on Sunday, somebody asked him how long he sees himself coaching. He answered that Jerry York was in Madison this weekend, and York is 74 and still doing it. Right now he still loves doing it, still has a passion for going to the rink and working with the team, etc. "But coaching at 74? No." FYI, he just turned 61.)
                      Whew on the Clark thing, though an ankle can take a lot of time to heal, at least it's not a season ending knee deal.

I thought it was interesting that he said as long as he enjoys his job, he'll still coach, but he wouldn't be coaching at 74 no matter what.

Comment

Badgers game versus Princeton will be on FS Wisconsin Plus, so it should be on Foxsportsgo.com for streaming.

https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/...rmation-121713
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Super stoked to see a team playing UW tonight for the first time for me anyway. Those Princesses will play in front of more people this weekend than they will play in front of the rest of the season combined. I wouldn't mind if their nerves got the best of them at times, it's only natural when you have a pack of angry Badgers running you down, kinda like the show "I was prey" on Animal Planet, I think it was.

I wonder how long Clark is out for.....could use her next week, but no need to rush back looking at the long term plan.

Please no own goals/gaffes this weekend ladies.

Doing a musky fishing/hockey combo on Sunday, fun fun fun!

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!

Comment

That was an interesting game, really a tale of 3 games in one. First period, all UW, looked like any period I have seen all year from UW bottling Princeton up and not being hampered too much by them, and an opponent goal that I think Soup wants back. Period 2, really no flow, some pp's both ways, just not a lot of crisp play, though UW had a great chance that hit the crossbar, dropped down onto the goal line and bounced not into the goal. 3rd period Princeton really woke up, it was by far the best opponent period against UW I have seen all year. They got out of their zone tic tac toe constantly, got into UW's zone clean and really had some good chances. UW was outshot probably for the first time all year in a period 10-9. The 3rd Princeton goal either hit a UW player and snuck in or it was another Soup wants back. She did have some high grade saves in the 3rd period so it probably balances out with the iffy ones, though UW typically doesn't have iffy ones go in.

The Roque line was amazing, clearly UW's best line, though I will say Shirley is got a little pass happy at times, she had numerous instances where she was in a great spot to shoot and tried a backdoor pass instead (yeah I know she had 2 goals LOL). She just looks like she isn't even trying out there she is SO smooth. Roque looks like an F150 Raptor out there, Shirley looks like a Ferrari.

I am really looking forward to Sunday to see how UW responds to the great play by Princeton in the 3rd period. I think the TV timeouts probably helped even they playing field a bit, we'll see how that shakes out Sunday. That being Princeton's first game of the year, I can understand the slow start to the game.

#21 from Princeton, a MN girl, had a great cheering section with a funny anti BADger sign, that was neat to see. Of course she scores their first goal and they erupt, good for her. I really like seeing all that team spirit, even if it's an opponent's, though the spelling of a certain state's name is very annoying.

No Phil last night, but the crowd got the 1 2 3 chant going all by itself, that was also fun to see that we are trainable in that regard.
                            Last edited by Timothy A; 10-20-2018, 08:26 AM. Reason: More thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

No Phil last night, but the crowd got the 1 2 3 chant going all by itself, that was also fun to see that we are trainable in that regard.
                              Phil was at UW volleyball (as was I). Wisconsin beat defending national champs Nebraska in a great, defensive, back-and-forth five set match. Scheduled head-up against hockey (7 PM vs 8 PM start times); same thing Sunday, volleyball at 1 PM, hockey at noon. I hate it when that happens.

Comment

Phil was at UW volleyball (as was I). Wisconsin beat defending national champs Nebraska in a great, defensive, back-and-forth five set match. Scheduled head-up against hockey (7 PM vs 8 PM start times); same thing Sunday, volleyball at 1 PM, hockey at noon. I hate it when that happens.
                                I used to respect Phil until I saw this. How sad to put volleyball ahead of hockey. BTW NB went down 3-1 to MN tonight. Not a good weekend for #5 in the nation. #9 WI should move up
                                Last edited by ne7minder; 10-21-2018, 09:00 AM. Reason: added smiley for clarity of intent

Comment

Working...
                                X