X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    I was watching the video stream; \
    Was that the UW feed or the flosports one? The flo deal really interests me - I would love to see the Badgers UMD and OSU games but $150 is a lot, particularly if it is not good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      Was that the UW feed or the flosports one? The flo deal really interests me - I would love to see the Badgers UMD and OSU games but $150 is a lot, particularly if it is not good quality.
      The billing was to "Stretch", a "day pass" for $10 or so. I assume it was originated by Mercyhurst themselves. The play-by-play guy was OK, but "student" quality, who knew all the Lakers' players names, and had learned Pankowski's number, but otherwise just about never used a Badger player's name.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        How did Minnesota win a national title with Adam Hauser? I guess the only explanation is that the team was so good they were able to overcome all the "Hausers". By the way, Jeff Frazee wouldn't be far behind Hauser in the mystifying ways he could let pucks in.
        I would argue that Frazee was ahead of Hauser in the most ridiculous goals allowed category. Not a goal, but there was the time Frazee skated out of the net to try and stop a shot from center ice by kicking his stick at the puck only to miss and have the puck slide slowly into the net. He then gave the safe sign as either the period had expired or a player was offside. I can still see the fire coming out of Lucia's eyes as he stared at Frazee as he skated off the ice. A different goalie was in net at the start of the next period.

Hauser had his moments too, but nothing like Frazee.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by Netminder View Post
          Only Blesi and Campbell made practice this morning...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
          Anyone have a goalie update? From the Instagram post looks like 3 were dressed for practice...but maybe a 4th was in there somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
            Anyone have a goalie update? From the Instagram post looks like 3 were dressed for practice...but maybe a 4th was in there somewhere?
            We will never know. Mark Johnson makes Bill Belichek look like an amateur in terms of telling us anything about the players off the ice (injuries, redshirts, players leaving). Can one assume the new redshirt rules for football apply to the other sports?

SO bummed to miss the Saturday game, stupid wedding, I'd much rather be at the game. What a colossal bummer.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              We will never know. Mark Johnson makes Bill Belichek look like an amateur in terms of telling us anything about the players off the ice (injuries, redshirts, players leaving). Can one assume the new redshirt rules for football apply to the other sports?

SO bummed to miss the Saturday game, stupid wedding, I'd much rather be at the game. What a colossal bummer.
              Please tell me it's not YOUR wedding!!

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                Please tell me it's not YOUR wedding!!
                LOL! As much as I love UW hockey, both men's and women's, I would not have complained about missing a game due to me marrying the most awesomely wonderful women on the planet. I would have gave up whole seasons of hockey to marry this woman. There is not a finer spouse on the planet. I am so incredibly blessed to have God hook me up with my soulmate. Luckily for me she wanted a summer wedding so June 12th was the date. She's so perfect she took up liking hockey for me. She's not as nutso about the game as I am, but she'll watch games on the tube with me and go to a few women's games. I'd like her to go to all of them, but over the years she has developed a little social anxiety, so I am grateful when she does go with me. My daughter is my hockey buddy, we usually do the games together with a son here and there when they can squeeze me/hockey into their schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  She's so perfect she took up liking hockey for me. She's not as nutso about the game as I am, but she'll watch games on the tube with me and go to a few women's games. I'd like her to go to all of them, but over the years she has developed a little social anxiety, so I am grateful when she does go with me. My daughter is my hockey buddy, we usually do the games together with a son here and there when they can squeeze me/hockey into their schedules.
                  I can relate...My wife has really gotten to like going to hockey games, especially the Gopher women's games. I am very appreciative that she likes doing this with me as well.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I can relate...My wife has really gotten to like going to hockey games, especially the Gopher women's games. I am very appreciative that she likes doing this with me as well.
                    I miss going to hockey games with my wife. Not much to be seen down here in the Atlanta area, although a reporter suggested yesterday that Atlanta could get an NHL team here again. MWAHAHAAHAHA.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

All the women in my immediate family play hockey! (My wife plays on on over 40 "hockey mom" team!) I have few worries about being able to watch hockey with any of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
                        All the women in my immediate family play hockey! (My wife plays on on over 40 "hockey mom" team!)
                        Does she play in the WHAM league? ("The Largest Women's Hockey League in the World"). The ladies (all over 40 I think) who sit right behind me at Ridder all play on one of the teams.

https://www.whamhockey.org/page/show/100077-home

I see where they're having a "Day at the Gopher's Game" on January 19th, and the Gophers' opponent just happens to be Wisconsin!

https://www.whamhockey.org/news_article/show/948791
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Does she play in the WHAM league? ("The Largest Women's Hockey League in the World"). The ladies (all over 40 I think) who sit right behind me at Ridder all play on one of the teams.

https://www.whamhockey.org/page/show/100077-home

I see where they're having a "Day at the Gopher's Game" on January 19th, and the Gophers' opponent just happens to be Wisconsin!

https://www.whamhockey.org/news_article/show/948791
                          That's the one! It's been a great experience for my wife... I just hope that my daughter's will end up playing hockey for life, regardless of how well they play.

Comment

In looking at the stats, every player has a point but Rowe and Buchbinder, not too bad after only 4 games. 6 players are averaging a point a games or more, Roque, Clark, Pankowski, Cogan, Steffen and LaMantia. SOG averages are 41-13, PP 29%, PK 89%, GF 5.0, GA 1.5.

This is an interesting measuring stick for the top ranked ncaa teams, UMD has played UM and BC already.

Comment

I'm out of town and sat down to stream the game on BTN2GO, but noooooooooo. It's on BTN + and they want more money. ****** the BTN.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                I'm out of town and sat down to stream the game on BTN2GO, but noooooooooo. It's on BTN + and they want more money. ****** the BTN.
                                Women's games have always been on btn+. Btn2go is only for games that are already televised on btn or fsn.

Comment

Working...
                                X