Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

I know Sophie Shirley's sister Grace is on the Canada U18 National team that is playing the US. She is 17 and I haven't heard anything about a commitment to UW for the fall of 2019. I would think she would be someone the Badgers would want. Does anybody know if the Badgers are recruiting her and if not, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
      I know Sophie Shirley's sister Grace is on the Canada U18 National team that is playing the US. She is 17 and I haven't heard anything about a commitment to UW for the fall of 2019. I would think she would be someone the Badgers would want. Does anybody know if the Badgers are recruiting her and if not, why not?
      The coaches can't comment on recruits, so we will never get an answer via that route. I recently reached out to a media member who might be in the know or able to ask around and he or she said the question had been asked but the answer was "strange". She has to have offers on the table from every D1 school. Maybe she can't get into UW, that does happen from time to time, just ask me about Sampo Ranta. . But if she can't get into UW, there are plenty of schools with lower standards that you would think she could get into if she wants to keep playing at the highest level, and the ncaa is that level.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        But if she can't get into UW, there are plenty of schools with lower standards that you would think she could get into if she wants to keep playing at the highest level, and the ncaa is that level.
        I would think that, as a gesture of cross-border goodwill, the Gophers could take recruits who can't attend UW off the Badgers' hands. One of the selling points for Ranta may have been the promise that he can still visit Madison every year.

Comment

The Man's BB schedule was released, with will now allow the little sister of the poor to finalize their schedule. Finally.

Comment

The Man's BB schedule was released, with will now allow the little sister of the poor to finalize their schedule. Finally.
            What is taking so long to get the schedule finalized! Come on people.

Mr. Leckrone is retiring after 50 years with the UW band program. I hope his replacement knows the women's hockey program exists, I'm not sure he did.

The Ice Garden is ranking the top U25 players on the planet. For returning UW players, they ranked Pankowski 20, Sophie Shirley 12, Emily Clark 10. To think that Shirley is that far ahead of Pankowski and 4 years younger is quite the impressive thought, it makes me want to see some hockey. Now. That could be a line. UW's gonna be unstoppable. For the record, Nurse is 8 and ARD is 7. They still have to list the top 5 yet.

Comment

The Ice Garden is ranking the top U25 players on the planet.
              They have Megan Keller listed at #15. As followers of this forum know, the only way Megan Keller is #15, is if she plays with #5 and #10 strapped to her back.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                They have Megan Keller listed at #15. As followers of this forum know, the only way Megan Keller is #15, is if she plays with #5 and #10 strapped to her back.
                Noticed that as well. I don't think the Ice Garden folks have a clue as to the danger they are putting themselves in by incurring Keller's wrath. They must not realize that Megan Keller is the instructor who issues the license to kill for James Bond.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  They must not realize that Megan Keller is the instructor who issues the license to kill for James Bond.
                  This is a great example showing why I enjoy following the Forum so much. You learn something everyday that you just can't find anyplace else.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                    Mmmmmm........Keller or Shirley!

Comment

Times for games are up (mostly)! I can't stand the noon game times. When you have to get there by 11am to get the seats you want, and you have to leave your house at 10am, you are forced into eating lunch there. I love the evening games, it feels like the bigtime, noons and 2's feel more like JV games.

Homes games
                      Lindenwood Fri 7 Sat 2
                      UMD Sat 2 Sun 2
                      Princeton Fri 7 Sun 12
                      UM Sat 2 Sun 2 (crappy times for marque matchup)
                      BSU Fri 7 Sat TBD
                      Hawvawd Fri 7 Sat 7
                      Cuse Sat 2 Sun 12
                      St Cl Fri 7 Sat TBD
                      Kato Sat 2 Sun 2
                      OSU Fri 7 Sat TBD

Comment

Updates on the TBA's....

BSU Sat game is 2
                        St. Cloud Sat game is 6 (very curious time, but not complaining)

The guys are practicing, first series is 10/12, I must assume the gals are on the ice as well, first series is 9/28.

Comment

Opportunities to do a gals/guys double header. The best seats for the guys will be the first 2 games, early season non b7 games usually have lots of great seating available. The UM - MTU is a no brainer for me, though I'll have to buy 1 extra ticket for the gal's game.

10/13 UMD - BC
                          10/27 UM - MTU
                          12/1 Cuse - PSU
                          2/9 MSU - OSU

Comment

I'm having trouble reconciling the idea that we should sieve Rooney when UW plays them in a month or so. I'm more of a States rights guy, so my allegiance is more to WI and the USA, though the allegiance gap isn't that wide. I know overall the typical UW women's fan is much less raucous and more polite, kinda in a golfing fan vein, than I am, which typically doesn't bother me, but I do have great respect for what she accomplished, though on the other hand she did displace Rigsby, which makes me angry/sad. Interestingly, I asked myself "if Rooney played for the rodents, what would you do?" My answer: I'd freaking sieve her until the sun froze over, but there is a special disdain reserved for the rodents. I'm so conflicted.

Comment

You must not have followed the sport closely in the days when Shannon's team used to take Bucky to the woodshed with a trophy on the line, or you'd have more disdain for UMD as well.

Although Crowell is definitely not Miller, so there's that.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                You must not have followed the sport closely in the days when Shannon's team used to take Bucky to the woodshed with a trophy on the line, or you'd have more disdain for UMD as well.

Although Crowell is definitely not Miller, so there's that.
                                Correct, that was before my time following the team at all. I think you just made my decision a little easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X