Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I can't wait to see the lines for this weekend, will they makes any changes? Will they bring 3 goalies?
    Only Blesi and Campbell made practice this morning...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Nice article on the Victory Press about Pankowski. I don't think she's quite over the cut from the Olympics last year after reading.
      I would guess the Potomaks are unhappy with not being able to make Team Canada. It sucks being the last cuts because the difference is so tiny.

OTOH 1980 happened in no small part because of the last cuts in 1960
      Last edited by ne7minder; 10-08-2018, 08:32 AM. Reason: R before T except after lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
        Only Blesi and Campbell made practice this morning...

Hmmmm, interesting.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Apparently one of the goals Soup allowed was an own goal by her this last weekend, played it off the boards and somehow it caromed into her net. It's good to get the bad juju out of the way early in the year.

Comment

Apparently one of the goals Soup allowed was an own goal by her this last weekend, played it off the boards and somehow it caromed into her net. It's good to get the bad juju out of the way early in the year.
            That's two own goals in two weekends?

Comment

Apparently one of the goals Soup allowed was an own goal by her this last weekend, played it off the boards and somehow it caromed into her net.
              That sounds like it would be difficult for a goaltender to do if she was trying to put the puck into her own net.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I was watching the video stream; their first goal on Saturday; it was hard to tell just what happened - I thought maybe a weird, bad carom off the boards just behind the goal - but on an otherwise normal looking sequence, all of a sudden the puck was in front of the goal and then in the goal. The video stream had no replay, so you only had one chance to see, and that's the best I can say.

(Their second goal came on a power play after another of those "two minutes on Abby Roque for being bigger and stronger on her skates than the other girl". Roque and the Laker player in a faceoff against one another, the puck squirts away but the two continue to push against each other, and the Laker ends up on her back. Two minutes for "crosscheck".)

The refs were WAY too "active", and quite inconsistent.
                Last edited by robertearle; 10-09-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

In Minnesota we call that a "full Adam Hauser"
                  Misplaying the puck is merely a "Hauser"
                  Feeding it to the oncoming opponent or putting it into your own net is the full Adam Hauser

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                    Feeding it to the oncoming opponent or putting it into your own net is the full Adam Hauser
                    OMG! I actually laughed out loud when I read this!

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                      That's two own goals in two weekends?
                      Hope the Gophers are watching the replays...
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                        How did Minnesota win a national title with Adam Hauser? I guess the only explanation is that the team was so good they were able to overcome all the "Hausers". By the way, Jeff Frazee wouldn't be far behind Hauser in the mystifying ways he could let pucks in.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          How did Minnesota win a national title with Adam Hauser? I guess the only explanation is that the team was so good they were able to overcome all the "Hausers". By the way, Jeff Frazee wouldn't be far behind Hauser in the mystifying ways he could let pucks in.
                          Because, for all strange plays on occasion, Hauser was a perfectly cromulent goaltender. Not great, but not bad, either. That team didn't need a great goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            I was watching the video stream; their first goal on Saturday; it was hard to tell just what happened - I thought maybe a weird, bad carom off the boards just behind the goal - but on an otherwise normal looking sequence, all of a sudden the puck was in front of the goal and then in the goal. The video stream had no replay, so you only had one chance to see, and that's the best I can say.

(Their second goal came on a power play after another of those "two minutes on Abby Roque for being bigger and stronger on her skates than the other girl". Roque and the Laker player in a faceoff against one another, the puck squirts away but the two continue to push against each other, and the Laker ends up on her back. Two minutes for "crosscheck".)

The refs were WAY too "active", and quite inconsistent.
                            Thanks for the insight. Any other thoughts on the games? How was the feed quality?

Comment

Thanks for the insight. Any other thoughts on the games? How was the feed quality?
                              Ehh, not really. I only saw the Saturday game. The Lakers did a good job with an aggressive forecheck that you kept waiting the Badgers to punish them for. And I guess they did often enough, but not to the degree you'd have hoped. Between that and the *constant* penalties and special teams, it felt disjointed; not a lot of pace or 'flow', etc.

The stream was just OK, single-camera, and as I said, no replays.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                Hauser could be brilliant in goal but he had a 5 cent mind. Took stupid penalties at stupid times as well as not being good with the puck. Between the pipes he was above average and had a great team in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X